Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.

(Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

3,087 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable notifications for when a favorite comes online

Get notifications when select favorites are online so you have the opportunity to chat and meet up.

2,252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate section for trans people and their admirers

I think trans men and trans women along with people who are trans-attracted deserve to have their own separate posting section. That way, trans community members and their admirers can better easily connect with one another. It would be beneficial and make sense to give trans people and their seekers their own platform, connected to the rest of Grindr but as a section within the existing app. You could call it GrindrTrans or something.

1,545 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

147 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change notification ringtone

Please give us the option to change the notification sound. It becomes awkward at times when we receive a notification in public.

1,506 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 519 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More defined trans tribes

There needs to be a division of trans woman, trans man, and trans admirer. Lumping everyone together is just annoying. Trans men and trans women are two very different groups. There are well-defined tribes that separate otter from bear, twink from daddy, and so on. But men seeking trans women have no separate tribe; they are just listed with the transsexuals. So it all gets very confusing. We need clearer trans categories.

371 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Set a distance limit - Profiles beyond it should be unable to view and contact us

We should have the option to block anyone outside of our preferred maximum distance from viewing and contacting us.
    You can call it max searchable distance, distance limit, distance range, distance preference, or distance restrictions.

371 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. “Not interested” tap option

Taps. Currently we have the flame, devil and friendly hello tap option. Why don’t we have a “not interested” tap option too? A lot of people have problems with being ignored by others when someone isn’t interested in them. However, people also cannot be bothered to reject others with words - it’s too much effort. This update to the tap mechanism could kill two birds with one stone. It makes it less time/energy consuming to reject people with just a click of a button. AND the guys who feel invalidated when being ignored, can get an answer - instead of…

308 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Side position

I, along with thousands of other gays, am a side. Unlike tops or bottoms, we don’t enjoy partaking in anal sex. Unfortunately the only options available under “position” all refer to anal sex. It’d be very helpful to include an “oral only” or “side” or anything really, so that we don’t have to explain ourselves to everyone who messages us.

285 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The TS/CD community needs a separate section

I fully support the trans community but I have no sexual interest in them. There really should be a separate area where they and those attracted to them can connect. I joined Grindr because I am a man who is interested in other men and lately it seems all I am doing is blocking members who present as female and those who are searching for them…I love our trans community members, but I don’t want to be intimate with them…

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Grinder needs to make profile face pics mandatory to have a profile

Grinder needs to make profile face pics mandatory. To have a grinder profile

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ‘Side’ as a position option

Not all of us enjoy bum fun, and it’s pretty annoying to have to explain this all the time and be made to feel like it’s not legitimate.

Can you include ‘Side’ as a position option?

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cut/ uncut

We need circumcision status to tell us if the guy is circumcised or not. It would make everyone’s life better

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Chub/Chaser discrimination??

As a paying member why is it so hard to add chub/chaser as a group on here....i have asked multiple times and it has been in the topics because i have seen others ask? This should be as inclusive as possible....what is the problem here...every other app has added it except grindr why?

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add 'kink' to tribes!

There is the leather option but that is just 1 kind of kink so it's a very narrow field. A few people use that tribe for kink but alot of people are intimidated by this because they aren't into leather and see it as "too extreme" for them. I'm surprised it hasn't already been made into a tribe if im honest!

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add polyamorous

Please add Polyamorous to the available relationship statuses. It's quite different than "open relationship" and those of us who are in poly relationships really have no suitable option in the drop down list as none of the ones you offer accurately include the polyamorous lifestyle.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Modify taps

I think the biggest reason so many guys hate taps is that they send a push notification/put a notification on the app icon just like new messages. It’s annoying to THINK you have a new message and open the app just to discover it’s just a tap, particularly if you don’t like or respond to taps. Give us the option to either NOT notify us of new taps, or just toggle off taps altogether. That way those who like them can keep them, and those who don’t can turn them off, or at least ignore them if they don’t want…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Two new tribes for chub lovers/ chub people

There should be two new tribes for chasers (people who like fat guys) and chubs (people who are fat) because it’s hard to find people otherwise

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Profile field for mobile or not

This would help a lot in annoying situations where people say “your place” but they don’t drive!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base