Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Distance Controls

Allow a user to be able to set distance parameter for whom they are seeing. Meaning that I only want to see users who are within a set distance from me. And likewise for users who see me so we don’t waste our time viewing people outside of our desired location radius.

2,104 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

161 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Dating

Please create a section geared for dating. I want a life partner and Grindr is the most popular and best LGBTQ+ app imo. Please have a free ad supported level among your paid levels. Also, Grindr’s costs are excessive. At minimum please make the dating section more cost effective than xtra/unlimited for the consumer. Maybe offer bundles for the guys that want to have their cake and cum on it too. I’m sincerely asking for help. Thank you for listening.

Side note. The glitching is excessive. Y’all need an update stat!!

537 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Users to add More Profile Pictures

It would be really great to have the ability to put more than 5 profile pics.
    Please make that option possible

379 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Swipe to go back

Seems in the latest update (iOS 8.14.0) you’ve removed the ability to swipe right to go back, it just goes to the next profile. I don’t swipe thru all profiles. I tap on one I like, read the profile and message them or not and then I swipe right to go back to the profile thumbnails, that’s what should happen. Now you have to tap on the X at the top left of a profile to close it and go back to everyone’s profile. That is not intuitive and makes it harder to use. Also, changing the ‘Fresh’ tab to…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let me swipe backwards from the left side of my screen again instead of tapping the X. Please!

Add phone based gestures back into the app for ease of use, also get rid of the yellow banner that slides down after you send a message from the profile screen. Gets in the way

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Grid repositions back at top after viewing profile

When scrolling through the grid and viewing a profile, after you go back it should position you where you were, but since the last update it goes back to the top of the grid

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. No puedo abrir los enlaces de Twitter

Cuándo algún perfil tiene vinculada su cuenta Twitter no la puedo abrir.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove the Say Something... widget

The new addition of the Say Something ... widget on a profile leads to a terrible user experience. The app is already barely performant on a non flagship phone. With the addition of this feature once you open a profile it immediately opens the keyboard lagging the application. The keyboard takes up the majority of the screen and you can't view the profile without closing the keyboard. There was already a button for chatting. This feature does nothing but cause the user extra work and gets in the way. Did anyone even try using the app before publishing this feature?

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Exiting profile view

In the recent update, the ability to swipe right from a profile to go back to the main grid has been removed. This seems to also coincide with changing the old top left back arrow with an exit cross instead. It’s not as intuitive or easy to have to reach across your screen to move out of a profile, especially on a larger phone. Please bring back the old way to do this as it feels like a backwards step in usability

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. App not refreshing

Fix your damn app. It’s been like this for a day or two. App is stuck on unable to refresh. Tried uninstalling, clearing cashe, switching networks. Now it’s on y’all to actually do something to fix the problem that’s making your app unusable

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow user to view more profiles.

now a days grindr becomeing very famous for dating and making community friends. if u need more users then increase and allow user to view more profiles so that it will help as advertisement for u.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Delete Stale email

All the emails slow down the application. In order to sort through so much emails quickly there should be a stale mail button to delete mail as of 7 days old 14 days old or 30 days old

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fresh Grid Could Be So Much More!

I really LOVE the concept of being placed into the local "FRESH" grid when I update my profile image. This feature truly does makes Grindr feel more like an actual social media platform that is a refreshing unique mix between Instagram and other "Dating App"(s).

But PLEASE only place me on the "FRESH" grid if I update my MAIN PICTURE.

I would love to be able to add pictures to my profile without changing my grid status.

LOVE YOU GUYS,

¢0>@N

💜

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Swipe to go back

Version 8.14.0 somehow added a new button “X” to close a profile and go back to the grid, but it’s a huge usability issue for me because I lost usage of two of my fingers making it hard to go back with a simple action and now have to hold my phone with two hands to enable my thumb to get to the top of the screen. Swiping from the edge of the screen is much more accessible and accessibility friendly (and the close / arrow-back button can also co-exist).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Location indicates I’m in Spain when I’m in California

Location indicates I’m in Spain when I’m in California On my iPhone

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Don’t hide top bar on iOS

When I am in the explore view I usually find myself have to work out the way to see the top bar. Where is my profile and filters for the explorer section.
    It doesn’t seem to take that much of a space from my device, and I think I would prefer to have it fixed at the same point all the time so that I can use the options available there at any time without having to scroll down. Scroll up scroll down, scroll down.
    I cannot see the justification for this behavior from the user experience perspective.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New profile pic

when someone updated a new profile picture on grindr he automatically showed on the fresh search category , but how come he is not Appears also on the nearby search category? If he is still nearby :) nearby category of search is the must popular and viewed, its a pity that for the first 24 hours you get less viewed because you have a new profile pic.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Social Media Filter

Include a filter to display profiles who have their social media connected. It would be better if we could filter by specific type, so if you're looking for Twitter and Insta, you don't see the profiles with only Spotify connected.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base