Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop Spam

The huge number of spam messages on a daily basis is completely unacceptable.

Despite numerous reports, Grindr hasn't done anything about this.

It would be as simple as parsing all messages through a URL filter.

Why do paying users of Grindr have to endure this?

Plus, unlike other apps, Grindr doesn't reward users for reporting spam.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore the distance while scrollinh

As your scrolling down the distance showed up so you could see how far the person was from you before clicking their pic

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tap the Grindr symbol at the bottom to scroll back to the top near you

April 29 2021 you updated Grindr. When this happened you remove the tap to scroll all the way back to the top. Now if I'm at the end of my near me I have to scroll manually back to the top. Please re-enable that feature.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop showing profiles of members not in my area

When I select an area in my city, I keep receiving profiles of members who are hundreds to thousands of miles away. Stop it. Want Only profiles of members in my area

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. one-click 'no thanks/ not my type' button

Please add a ONE-CLICK 'no thanks/ not my type' button in the inbox, BEFORE even opening the message, also in the taps tab. Even Romeo has done this now, so why can't you do it?

It could be next to the 'delete' button. If it's two-clicks or only available after opening the message, more semi-asshole guys won't bother to even click it, and then it won't make a difference. It has to be easier than opening the message and out again to remove the notification.

Saved messages is not a realistic solution, because that takes 4-5 clicks to say 'no…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scroll back to the top when you tap icons on the bottom

When you double tap the grindr icon on the bottom, you should be able to scroll back to the top. This used to be the case but was changed with the latest update. It’s very inconvenient.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. No landscape mode

Why don’t you have landscape mode for you app? Scruff does. I’m disabled and use my iPad in landscape and I can’t use it in portrait mode without help. I don’t like that I want privacy. It’s hard enough being disabled and gay without you making it difficult. Where’s my equally?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change grid sorting from distance to driving distance

I live on Long Island and often talk to people in Connecticut who are marked as much as 1/4 of the actual distance I would need to drive to get to them. Changing the distance to a google maps type driving distance would help with finding people who are actually closest

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Swipe right to go back

The current version no longer allows you to go back by swiping right. The only way to go back is to tap the left facing arrow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Refresh with Mask

We use to be able to hit the mask at the bottom for a refresh of our home screen. It doesn’t work with this iteration.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. App not refreshing

Fix your damn app. It’s been like this for a day or two. App is stuck on unable to refresh. Tried uninstalling, clearing cashe, switching networks. Now it’s on y’all to actually do something to fix the problem that’s making your app unusable

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Messages not sending or receiving. Major bug. It needs an update

This is a new bug affecting a lot of people. Sometimes reinstalling the app helps, but now the only fix for me personally is deleting my account and recreating if, until the issue happens again within a few hours.
    What's going on Grindr!?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Rotate screen on ipad app, so we can type with the keyboard

On ipad, if we are using apple keyboard, we are forced to keep the screen on portrait mode. The screen doesn’t rotate to landscape, so it’s really hard to type.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shut off vibration for who looked at you

Since the last update, a new feature was added that makes the phone vibrate every time someone new looks at your profile. There needs to be an option to shut that off. This feature prompts me to check outside of the app for something else or another app notification. If there is such an option, I have not seen it. (android user)

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restore my purchase

Restore my purchase or give me my money back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Gr9ndr web dissapeared

I want them to restore it because I don't want to check my tablet for new messages, I could receive them in the PC, like before, because they closed grindr web without any warning or something. It's pretty unfair.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mark used photos

Until recently, when you use one of your photos in a message, that photo was grade out in your available photos within that same message. It made it very easy to know what you had already sent. Please reactivate that feature. Thank you!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Your integration of fake profiles

It has become very obvious that it is your site adding in these profiles to enrich a location or a member. It’s actually very frustrating and annoying because I know that they are not real and I can also tell by the way that you make these profiles up,you have now pushed out even further having them look at our profiles. Is there a way that you can take me off this charade as it’s very transparent and It disappoints me greatly as I have been with a grinder for close to 15 years. No stupid email from go fund…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Saving our own photos

You should be able to save your photos. First of all, you lose them when you delete the app which sucks, but a significant amount of my photos I took in the moment on the Grindr camera and they turned out really fucking good. I want to be able to use them elsewhere. Plus the fact that they basically are gone forever since they’re only on Grindr if I delete the app also makes it worse. Screenshoting them all individually sûcks and it’s not as good when you crop out the boarders and stuff.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base