Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.

(Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

2,934 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Separate section for trans people and their admirers

I think trans men and trans women along with people who are trans-attracted deserve to have their own separate posting section. That way, trans community members and their admirers can better easily connect with one another. It would be beneficial and make sense to give trans people and their seekers their own platform, connected to the rest of Grindr but as a section within the existing app. You could call it GrindrTrans or something.

1,212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change notification ringtone

Please give us the option to change the notification sound. It becomes awkward at times when we receive a notification in public.

1,187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The TS/CD community needs a separate section

I fully support the trans community but I have no sexual interest in them. There really should be a separate area where they and those attracted to them can connect. I joined Grindr because I am a man who is interested in other men and lately it seems all I am doing is blocking members who present as female and those who are searching for them…I love our trans community members, but I don’t want to be intimate with them…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ‘Side’ as a position option

Not all of us enjoy bum fun, and it’s pretty annoying to have to explain this all the time and be made to feel like it’s not legitimate.

Can you include ‘Side’ as a position option?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Side position

I, along with thousands of other gays, am a side. Unlike tops or bottoms, we don’t enjoy partaking in anal sex. Unfortunately the only options available under “position” all refer to anal sex. It’d be very helpful to include an “oral only” or “side” or anything really, so that we don’t have to explain ourselves to everyone who messages us.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Chub/Chaser discrimination??

As a paying member why is it so hard to add chub/chaser as a group on here....i have asked multiple times and it has been in the topics because i have seen others ask? This should be as inclusive as possible....what is the problem here...every other app has added it except grindr why?

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cut/ uncut

We need circumcision status to tell us if the guy is circumcised or not. It would make everyone’s life better

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add polyamorous

Please add Polyamorous to the available relationship statuses. It's quite different than "open relationship" and those of us who are in poly relationships really have no suitable option in the drop down list as none of the ones you offer accurately include the polyamorous lifestyle.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Grinder needs to make profile face pics mandatory to have a profile

Grinder needs to make profile face pics mandatory. To have a grinder profile

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Borough breakdown by position

Dear Grindr,

I greatly enjoyed your 2020 report in which you identified Morocco and Vietnam as the countries with the most tops and bottoms respectively.

Might I suggest doing the same for the boroughs within key cities - London, NYC, Paris &c. I think it would make interesting reading indeed!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Two new tribes for chub lovers/ chub people

There should be two new tribes for chasers (people who like fat guys) and chubs (people who are fat) because it’s hard to find people otherwise

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How come chaser isnt in tribes? Some guys like heavy dudes and its hard to find that fit guy fat guy dynamic. Add chaser to the tribes list

Some guys like heavy dudes and its hard to find that fit guy fat guy dynamic. Add chaser to the tribes list

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. can’t search for specific users

search function for keywords in users’ bios.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Profile field for mobile or not

This would help a lot in annoying situations where people say “your place” but they don’t drive!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. REMOVE TRANS!!!

Look I ain't Discriminsting against Transgender People, But I Strongly Recommend They Get Their Own App. My Issue Is That Straight Men Come on This App Looking For "Trans Only". I thought This was Supposed To be an app For Gay Men Only. You dont See Lesbians on Here, Why Should Trans Be on Here? They need Their Own Seperate App. There's Taini for Multiple People Of The LGBTQ Community, But This App was Meant To Be Striclty For Gay Men Only. That's Changing, So Is The App. I know Theres Filters, But My Issue is That Guys Who Hit…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The "Trans" tribe should be exclusive to trans people, as it says.

The trans tribe, as it states, is and should be only for trans people. It is not for cis people seeking trans people or even crossdressers. For crossdressers, it should be it's own category. The trans tribe should be special in a way, because it isn't an "interest" like "geek". Let trans people have their own space in the app to not be infiltrated by cis people.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bulk selecting and blocking profiles from the main screen

There are lots of profiles I know I will not tall to but I keep seeing them and scrolling past them because it takes too long to block profiles. A ‘select’ button similar to those in photo apps would allow to block many profiles simultaneously (after a single confirmation button of course) and save tonnes of time

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want web grindr back

I really like web grindr as i can use it at work where cell phones are not allowed

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Nottingham

Clean shave guy

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base