Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.
    (Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

1,427 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Difficult to find "my type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Separate notifications from favorites

New message notifications from favorites and non-favorites should be grouped separately, with customizable alert sounds too.

232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find "my type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No longer being able to filter to obtain the guys I am interested in!

I feel that if you are going to take a stand from political view point taken all filters need to be removed!!! By removing the ethnicity filter you have now taken away my right to only view guys that I like. Having this filter option is not racist nor does it fuel hatred or racism since it is law of attraction! I am a white male who is only interested in Asian, Latino, African America, Middle Eastern or mix raced men! I mean you can still filter by age, ****** position and tribe. If you are going to exclude one…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find "my type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ethnicity

I love my Middle Eastern men... where's the ethnicity filter? I might as well just use A4A if you're going to take that away.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Put the ethnicity search back on please. You have the option to put it on your profile, so we should be able to search for it.

On our profiles we have the option to put our ethnicity but we can’t search for it. That doesn’t make sense. Having this option is not racist. I can’t search for my type of guy. This is wrong, and the reason I cancelled unlimited app. If you bring it back I will purchase again. For now I am sticking with free version as it’s not worth paying for.
    By the way. If you remove the option to search for it, you should also remove the option to put it on your profile.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Too many Woman

Why are you allowing straight females to join. They have 100’s of dating apps for hetero’s. It’s bad enough they take over our bars and clubs. I don’t need them in a hookup app. If I wanted to hook up with a female, I’d join Tindr.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Not being able to select the ethnicity that I want to view

Bring ethnicity back as a selection to view. Other apps allow us to select ethnicity so this one should bring it back

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable reply via notifications, view sent pics on notification long press profile to chat+view profile pop up

Grindr can you please add some features that are extremely useful on Scruff, like being able to reply via notifications, view sent pics/ profile pic via notifications without having to go into the app and the ability to long press on a profile to take you straight to the chat screen. They are very handy and speed communication up immensely.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Turn off taps

We should be able to turn off tap notifications but keep regular messages

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 531 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Be notified when a favorite is online!

Get notifications when a favorite is online so you have to opportunity to chat and meeting up with your favorite guy!

1,840 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Difficult to find "my type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bundled/stacked notifications

Show us our incoming messages (notifications) in an expandable/collapsible group, with the sender's profile picture visible.

547 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. USER RECOMMENDATIONS: COVID-19

During COVID-19’s self isolation and self distancing periods. There has been an ever growing increase of usage of Grindr from working at home and otherwise bored individuals.

However, my observation is that there is no decrease, and in fact there is an increase, of men seeking to meet other men to occupy time or to resolve their desire for social contact given the excess time being spent at home.

This is something that I believe poses a problem in the global effort to slow and stop the community contact distribution method of spreading COVID-19.

As such, I strongly urge Grindr…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Difficult to find "my type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 943 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Difficult to find "my type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Two Way Age Filter

This could be an Extra feature of open for everyone.

You make it compulsory for everyone to enter bother their age and your age range but with the option of hiding both.. read on.

You then have an automatic filtering out of profiles outside of ones preferred age range in the cascades/front page.

This means that nobody will be messaged by or message someone outside of their mutual age range.

This feature could be applied to other features like tribes.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notified for mutual favorites are around and online

Have notification when a mutual favorite is with in a customizable radius.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Message sound notification options

Add sounds to choose from for incoming notifications

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find "my type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Replacing the ethnicity preference with something

If the ethnicity preference caused such a problem for some people could it be replaced by a spoken language option?An option where people could list more than one. It would mean community groups could find each other again. English could be split into accents, dialects etc. Urban Music seems to generally mean black music, so perhaps an ‘urban English’ option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow User to Change Notification Sound

Allow users to change sound of notification to allow discretion at times we need/want our ringer on. The sound is a bit much when having your ringer on. Sometimes I have to turn off my ringer and set to vibrate just so I don’t get notified of every Grindr message in a conversation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base