Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore the ethnicity filter

Some of us just like to date within our own ethnicity/culture. By removing the filter, you’re limiting us and actually inciting racism. No one is being racist for simply wanting to find a mate that’s the same ethnicity.

1,599 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

711 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search by free-form text in profile bios

Would be great to be able to search for key words in profiles.
    Please make profiles free-form text searchable so we can find better matches and increase connections, whether that be for hookups, friends, dates, networking, and/or relationships.
    Searching by tags is a step in the right direction—thank you—but it’s too confining and unreliable :/

6,178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.

(Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

2,582 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Profile Reciprocity - users should only get to see and filter by the profile fields they've included in their own profile

Unless located in a country with anti-gay legislation, members with unspecified fields on their profile should not get to see or filter by those fields on other profiles. This would encourage members to fully complete their profile, in a way that supports their privacy and discretion without a mandate. It would also inspire a much-needed culture of fair play and non-discrimination on the app.
    Something like this needs to be done to help put an end to incomplete and blank profiles. With more detailed profiles available in the community, members would enjoy easier browsing, more effective filtering, and overall better…

1,722 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Do not leave an in-chat notification when an unread message is unsent

Only messages that were viewed by the recipient deserve an “unsent message” notification if they're retracted by the sender. Messages that were never opened by the recipient, however, should just disappear without a trace. This way, we subscribers can unsend typos and other unseen mistakes without causing any suspicion.

1,621 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spam should be filtered

Either you should set up an algorithm that will prevent things like malelocal.com and other pay sites from being in the profile text or allow us the option to report the text of a profile. They have now started putting it in the text then tapping someone but no conversation to report.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Distance Reciprocity - users should only get to see other users’ distance if they are showing their own

Unless located in a country with anti-gay legislation, users hiding their distance should not get to see distance on other profiles. This would inspire a much-needed culture of fair play and reciprocity on the app, while also incentivizing members to stop hiding and stop wasting people’s time. (Not to mention that with distance shown on more profiles, browsing would be easier and the overall user experience would improve.)

1,201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Badge on profiles indicating how many active users have that profile favorited

Display an indicator on profiles that denotes how many active users (online within the past week) have that profile favorited. You can call them followers ☺

996 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Separate section for trans people and their admirers

I think trans men and trans women along with people who are trans-attracted deserve to have their own separate posting section. That way, trans community members and their admirers can better easily connect with one another. It would be beneficial and make sense to give trans people and their seekers their own platform, connected to the rest of Grindr but as a section within the existing app. You could call it GrindrTrans or something.

512 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Give users a warning or reasons for banning.

My account was just banned and I have absolutely no clue why. I've been using Grindr for... who knows how long. My account was just banned and I'm now waiting for customer service to get back to me so I can (hopefully) find out why and dispute the issue. I have no problem falling in line with the community guidelines - I had no idea I was even breaking them if that's the case, or if I was reported by a user I still have no clue why.

Grindr - is there any reason for this draconian level of enforcement?…

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. “Looking For” filter reliability improvements

As an XTRA subscriber who's not into internet hookups, I filter my cascade for profiles looking for "Friends, Dates, + Relationships." However, profiles looking for "Friends, Right Now, and Chat" will still pop up (for example), and, upon further inspection, it becomes clear that these profiles are only interested in "Right Now," which renders the filter useless. To fix this, please integrate a toggle for a search modifier of “ONLY” into the filter, so that our searches generate more reliable results that better reflect the matches we are looking for.

Example:
    When selecting "Friends, Dates, + Relationships" in the “Looking…

687 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Fake GPS/ Mock Location

Please allow Fake GPS/Mock Location for safety and security purposes.

597 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

187 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pause subscription

For those of us XTRA/Unlimited subscribers who need to take a break from Grindr due to work-related, health-related, or relationship-related reasons, it would be helpful if we could freeze our subscription so we don’t lose the remaining time we’ve paid for. Since we can’t request refunds, at least don’t penalize us when conflicts arise in our personal life that demand us to step away from the app for a bit. You can still keep our money, just give us the option to freeze. This would be especially helpful for those of us on year-long subscriptions.
    (To prevent users from freezing…

539 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Blocked profiles need to stay blocked

When you block someone, there is a reason. Some are harassing, some are too stupid, and sometimes you don’t need a reason. But now those blocked profile are back on my cascade and they can see my profile. I often see them in my "Viewed Me" list. Fix this immediately.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Do not store our previous profile photos

Erase our previously-uploaded profile photos from your database. It is a gross invasion of privacy.

322 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Inbox filter: inactive profiles

This would help us filter out the chats with profiles that have been deleted, deactivated, banned, or gone offline from inactivity.

307 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Separate notifications from favorites

New message notifications from favorites and non-favorites should be grouped separately, with customizable alert sounds too.

263 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Inbox filter: one-sided chats

Most people never respond for one reason or another, so it’d be nice to easily filter out those chats from our crowded inboxes.

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Free expiring photos

I think the expiring photo option should be free and available to everyone. Some people do save and send other people’s pictures and I think it would provide a safer experience for people who want or NEED to remain discreet for whatever the reason may be.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Pacific Islander to ethnicity list

Pacific islanders are a distinct group with features that don't fit under your current ethnicity categories. You should add this ethnicity both for islanders to feel represented in this app and for their admirers to be able to utilize the search filters.

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 895 896
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base