Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search by free-form text in profile bios

Please make profiles free-form text searchable so we can better find matches and make richer connections, whether that be for hookups, friends, dates, networking, and/or relationships.
    Searching by tags is a step in the right direction—thank you—but it’s too confining and unreliable :/

2,877 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable 'Google Location Accuracy'

Grindr is the only social networking app that requires Google’s location service. In order to go online or refresh the cascade, we users are forced to turn it on. This infringes on our privacy and puts our online safety at risk. Grindr can use only our device's GPS (instead of our Wi-Fi and mobile networks) to precisely pinpoint our location and accurately place us on the grid without needing to collect our personal data for third parties like Google and unknown ad companies. This would not change our in-app experience; it just protects our privacy and preserves our battery life.…

1,663 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.
    (Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

1,427 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Difficult to find "my type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ethnicity

Bring back ethnicity filter - I like my Asians! 🙈

390 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Profile Reciprocity - users should only get to see and filter by the profile fields they've included in their own profile

Unless located in a country with anti-gay legislation, members with unspecified fields on their profile should not get to see or filter by those fields on other profiles. This would encourage members to fully complete their profile, in a way that supports their privacy and discretion without a mandate. It would also inspire a much-needed culture of fair play and non-discrimination on the app.
    Something like this needs to be done to help put an end to incomplete and blank profiles. With more detailed profiles available in the community, members would enjoy easier browsing, more effective filtering, and overall better…

1,018 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Distance Reciprocity - users should only get to see other users’ distance if they are showing their own

Unless located in a country with anti-gay legislation, users hiding their distance should not get to see distance on other profiles. This would inspire a much-needed culture of fair play and reciprocity on the app, while also incentivizing members to stop hiding and stop wasting people’s time. (Not to mention that with distance shown on more profiles, browsing would be easier and the overall user experience would improve.)

653 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xtra/Unlimited Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ethnicity

Need the Ethnicity option back, that was one of the reasons I upgraded. This is no good!!

Specifying a preference Isn't prejudice. Why must I waste my time endlessly scrolling down. When I can norrow it down and select my ethnicity preference??!!

249 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Badge on profiles indicating how many active users have that profile favorited

Display an indicator on profiles that denotes how many active users (online within the past week) have that profile favorited. You can call them followers ☺

760 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ethnicity

Need the Ethnicity option back, that was one of the reasons I upgraded. This is no good!!

Specifying a preference Isn't prejudice. Why must I waste my time endlessly scrolling down. When I can norrow it down and select my ethnicity preference??!!

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ethnicity

226 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ethnicity filter

Bring back ethnicity filter! I need to filter out all the white boys in my area because that’s all there is! Otherwise, you have to scroll through page after page. Age, weight, height, position, and any other filter should go as well or ethnicity should come back. Just canceled my subscription.

214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. DO NOT REMOVE THE ETHNICITY FILTER

DO NOT REMOVE THE ETHNICITY FILTER.

247 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring bsck the ethnicity filter please

Bring back the ethnicity filter please

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reinstate Ethnicity Filter

I’d you don’t reinstate the ethnicity filter I will not renew. This country is getting ridiculous.

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  My Account is banned  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve the reliability of the “Looking For” filter

As an XTRA subscriber who's not into internet hookups, I filter my cascade for profiles looking for "Friends, Dates, + Relationships." However, profiles looking for "Friends, Right Now, and Chat" will still pop up (for example), and, upon further inspection, it becomes clear that these profiles are only interested in "Right Now," which renders the filter useless. To fix this, please integrate a toggle for a search modifier of “ONLY” into the filter, so that our searches generate more reliable results that better reflect the matches we are looking for.

Example:
    When selecting "Friends, Dates, + Relationships" in the “Looking…

499 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ethnicity filter

Bring back the ethnicity filter. Not one black person enjoys this feature. I have my preference which is other black guys like myself. Now that the filter is gone im literally in a freakin sea of white guys... the very people who constantly message me wirh racist comments... we need the ethnicity filter back on. Plus i paid for that feature. That's literally the only reason I'm paying for grindr is these ethnicity feature

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why ethnic got removed?

Hello, why the option “ethnic” got removed from filter to searching?

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Restore ethnicity filtering

Is it possible to restore ethnicity filtering. I’m all for diversity. However, with all ethnicities visible at once the app gets flooded and is unusable. It negates the purpose of subscribing.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ethnicity search

Bring back Ethnicity search facility
    I object to it having been removed. This is about Preferences, not racism.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ethnicity

Should have never imposed your judgement and control by removing ethnicity. Definitely won’t renew now.

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 957 958
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base