Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please restore ethnicity filter

I am Asian, and I would like to have the ethnicity filter option back. As a "minority", I don't think the filter option is racist. It offers me choices. Sometimes I want to search for Asians for example,, and if there is this option, it will make my search much easier to find.

5,551 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1366 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Age filter

There's an age filter that filters the age I'm looking for. There should be an age filter of the age the others are looking for. It's easier to find someone looking for my age range.

3,616 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

291 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give users a warning first before banning

Grindr should give users a warning first before banning

How would you like to be falsely accused of something you didn’t do

The police can easy do a background check on your phone and on Grindr banned account

526 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  24 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Verification

Add a verification badge that verifies the users face like bumble & tinder have. It will get rid of bots & the fake people using others profile pictures.

616 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. “Not interested” tap option

Taps. Currently we have the flame, devil and friendly hello tap option. Why don’t we have a “not interested” tap option too? A lot of people have problems with being ignored by others when someone isn’t interested in them. However, people also cannot be bothered to reject others with words - it’s too much effort. This update to the tap mechanism could kill two birds with one stone. It makes it less time/energy consuming to reject people with just a click of a button. AND the guys who feel invalidated when being ignored, can get an answer - instead of…

280 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search by free-form text in profile bios

Would be great to be able to search for key words in profiles.
    Please make profiles free-form text searchable so we can find better matches and increase connections, whether that be for hookups, friends, dates, networking, and/or relationships.
    Searching by tags is a step in the right direction—thank you—but it’s too confining and unreliable :/

7,355 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Side position

I, along with thousands of other gays, am a side. Unlike tops or bottoms, we don’t enjoy partaking in anal sex. Unfortunately the only options available under “position” all refer to anal sex. It’d be very helpful to include an “oral only” or “side” or anything really, so that we don’t have to explain ourselves to everyone who messages us.

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Member identification Verification

To cut down on crime; fake profiles and stolen pictures. Members should be verified it can be done securely online and still permit anonymity. There have been several reports of individuals using pictures as a way to lure unexacting victims to crimes such as robbery; burglary. It has happened to me and others I’ve connect with on this app. Giving members the option and opportunity to be verified and to meet other verified individuals will cut down on the usage of stolen profile pictures; fake pictures and crime. No one wants to talk about gay on gay crime. And the…

290 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Implement verification feature to stop bots, spam, and harassment/making numerous new accounts

The amount of guys on Grindr who use this app to harass people for various reasons, only to make dozens upon dozens of new profiles within minutes to continue the harassment. Stop allowing people like this to utilizing Grindr as a tool to harm others or make others scared or uncomfortable. We are supposed to be a community and Grindr is about finding and having fun. I’ve heard and experienced way too many horror stories with self proclaimed “discreet” guys deleting and remaking profiles to avoid the fact that they’ve been blocked by people THEY are harassing or being creepy/predatory…

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Profile Reciprocity - users should only get to see and filter by the profile fields they've included in their own profile

Unless located in a country with anti-gay legislation, members with unspecified fields on their profile should not get to see or filter by those fields on other profiles. This would encourage members to fully complete their profile, in a way that supports their privacy and discretion without a mandate. It would also inspire a much-needed culture of fair play and non-discrimination on the app.
    Something like this needs to be done to help put an end to incomplete and blank profiles. With more detailed profiles available in the community, members would enjoy easier browsing, more effective filtering, and overall better…

2,723 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.

(Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

3,079 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add COVID Vaccination status and/or quarantine status

There should be an option to add your COVID vaccination status for the safety of all of the community, especially essential workers and personnel. A resource page could be added to help direct people to a page where they can find info on vaccination availability in their area and time frame. Options could be "Vaccinated", "Partially Vaccinated", "Plan to vaccinate", and "No plan to vaccinate".

291 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Distance Reciprocity - users should only get to see other users’ distance if they are showing their own

Unless located in a country with anti-gay legislation, users hiding their distance should not get to see distance on other profiles. This would inspire a much-needed culture of fair play and reciprocity on the app, while also incentivizing members to stop hiding and stop wasting people’s time. (Not to mention that with distance shown on more profiles, browsing would be easier and the overall user experience would improve.)

2,193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Separate section for trans people and their admirers

I think trans men and trans women along with people who are trans-attracted deserve to have their own separate posting section. That way, trans community members and their admirers can better easily connect with one another. It would be beneficial and make sense to give trans people and their seekers their own platform, connected to the rest of Grindr but as a section within the existing app. You could call it GrindrTrans or something.

1,527 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share cruising areas info

If you add section where people can share cruising areas in the world would be great. For people XTRA/Unlimited should be for free this info. People who are exhibitionists like me we need info about places where we can have safe fun and we can be more free. Other gay apps have same section and it's really cool. I don't want to pay double for Grindr and for other app as well...

286 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notify me when action has been taken against a user I blocked

I would like some kind of progress or notification that action has been taken against people who I have blocked. I receive far too many nude photos and I want to see that slow down.

280 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. View who I’ve tapped.

Have a screen to show who we’ve tapped, similar to how we can see who we have favorited. I think this would be great to see especially when traveling and being able to get back home and reconnect with those we tapped.

422 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Change notification ringtone

Please give us the option to change the notification sound. It becomes awkward at times when we receive a notification in public.

1,487 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Know how many active users have you favorited

We should see how many active users (online within the past week) have us favorited. We should also have the option to display this number on our public profile if we choose. You can call them followers ☺

1,641 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Do not leave an in-chat notification when an unread message is unsent

Only messages that were viewed by the recipient deserve an “unsent message” notification if they're retracted by the sender. Messages that were never opened by the recipient, however, should just disappear without a trace. This way, we subscribers can unsend typos and other unseen mistakes without causing any suspicion.

1,348 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 94 95
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base