Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.

(Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

2,654 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stats insight & matching

Insight as to the stats the other person is interested in, based on AI metrics of who they message or tap. Add filter of whose preferred stats you match with mutually.

1,780 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate section for trans people and their admirers

I think trans men and trans women along with people who are trans-attracted deserve to have their own separate posting section. That way, trans community members and their admirers can better easily connect with one another. It would be beneficial and make sense to give trans people and their seekers their own platform, connected to the rest of Grindr but as a section within the existing app. You could call it GrindrTrans or something.

595 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. “Looking For” filter reliability improvements

As an XTRA subscriber who's not into internet hookups, I filter my cascade for profiles looking for "Friends, Dates, + Relationships." However, profiles looking for "Friends, Right Now, and Chat" will still pop up (for example), and, upon further inspection, it becomes clear that these profiles are only interested in "Right Now," which renders the filter useless. To fix this, please integrate a toggle for a search modifier of “ONLY” into the filter, so that our searches generate more reliable results that better reflect the matches we are looking for.

Example:
    When selecting "Friends, Dates, + Relationships" in the “Looking…

717 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Separate notifications from favorites

New message notifications from favorites and non-favorites should be grouped separately, with customizable alert sounds too.

305 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Too many women

Why are you allowing straight females to join? They have hundreds of dating apps for hetero’s. It’s bad enough they take over our bars and clubs. I don’t need them on a gay dating app like Grindr. If I wanted to hook up with a female, I’d join Tinder.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Separate tribes into "Tribes I am" and "Tribes I'm into"

The current profile field "Tribes" is confusing. Some people use it to define themselves, and others use it to define what they're looking for. You can make it clearer by specifying what tribe(s) you belong to and what tribe(s) you're attracted to. For example, I am a twink who is into daddies, and I'd love to search for daddies who are into twinks. Other guys may want to search for bears who are into clean-cut jocks, etc.

535 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Chub/Chaser discrimination??

As a paying member why is it so hard to add chub/chaser as a group on here....i have asked multiple times and it has been in the topics because i have seen others ask? This should be as inclusive as possible....what is the problem here...every other app has added it except grindr why?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove trans from grid

Most gay men are not into trans or men that are into trans only. Make a grindr for them aside from the one for men 4 men. They use a lot of space on the grid and they constantly create new accounts because they know they get blocked by everyone. Every two hours I have to be blocking them, I waste a lot of time. I really want to be able to find men. Not trans. Also they identify themselves as jocks lol doesn't make sense.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Set a preferred age range

We should have the option to block anyone outside of our preferred age range from viewing and contacting us.

2,726 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

229 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cut or uncut specification

You have a filter field for everything else, can we please add a cut or uncut option?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Guys are living Grindr because grindr took off ethnicity filter

Guys are leaving grinder and going to jacked because Jacked has ethnicity filter

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back Ethnicity I need it back really bad

I need ethnicity back really bad I can't find what I'm looking for I have jacked also and I like it better because they still have ethnicity I'm about ready to close my grinder account that I pay for I will not Renew it if ethnicity is not back by the time my grinder account ends in May 2021 to all of you wanting a app with ethnicity go to jacked that still have ethnicity if more guys start living grinder maybe they will bring back ethnicity back if that what it takes

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. With updates i always get the german language

If i get an update the update center shows always a german language we speak Dutch
    I add the example

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More options for position: Side, Oral

Some of us are not interested in activities where you have to declare top or bottom. There are so many options for those who are. But I would really like to search for guys who are into oral only or mutual JO, etc.

2,312 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hair colour filter

Add filter for hair colour

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. No gender preference filters. Allow folks to filter cis, trans, etc. My grid is full of straight men looking for trans women.

Filtering gender preferences. My grid is full of straight men looking for trans women. I am not interested in either and I pay for the service. If I pay I should be able to filter for what I am looking for.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change the duration users are shown for since being last active

It would be nice to be able to change how long users are shown for in the search grid from the default 1 hour

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base