Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Member identification Verification

To cut down on crime; fake profiles and stolen pictures. Members should be verified it can be done securely online and still permit anonymity. There have been several reports of individuals using pictures as a way to lure unexacting victims to crimes such as robbery; burglary. It has happened to me and others I’ve connect with on this app. Giving members the option and opportunity to be verified and to meet other verified individuals will cut down on the usage of stolen profile pictures; fake pictures and crime. No one wants to talk about gay on gay crime. And the…

516 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add COVID Vaccination status and/or quarantine status

There should be an option to add your COVID vaccination status for the safety of all of the community, especially essential workers and personnel. A resource page could be added to help direct people to a page where they can find info on vaccination availability in their area and time frame. Options could be "Vaccinated", "Partially Vaccinated", "Plan to vaccinate", and "No plan to vaccinate".

362 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Simultaneous photo sending/unlocking

Trading photos is a pain. There's always a debate about who is going to send theirs first. There should be an option to send another user your photo but that photo only gets shown or unlocked to them if they have sent one of their own to you. Both photos unlock simultaneously.

I could see the notification saying, "this user has chosen a photo to send to you through the fair photo trade option. If you wish to make a fair trade choose a photo to send them in return and we will unlock both simultaneously"

This would reduce the…

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Early spam/fraudulent account detection

The amount of spammers/scammers has EXPLODED and become unbearable.

It would be great if Grindr engineers used some ML (machine learning) models to preemptively flag potential spammers/scammers and then ban/remove accounts when only 1-2 users report them as spam, instead of the current system of what seems like "manual verification" and probably wait for "enough" users to report a profile.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Erase all photos ever sent

It would be important from a security perspective that any user has the option to have all the content erased from all conversations (especially pictures). That way privacy can be maintained for discreet people and if you decide to log out for a while then no one has access to the photos you sent while you're away from the app.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Screenshot Notifications/Blocking

Users should be notified of/have the ability to block other users from non-consensual screenshots of the photos we send, our chats, and our profiles.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Being blocked shouldn’t erase the chat on my side.

If someone blocks me, I also lose all the chat I had with that person. But what if the person has been threatening me and I got proof in the chat about a crime or anything like that... if they block me, I lose it all. It shouldn’t be like that!!!

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop the scammers. Seem to getting more every day

Some how stop the scammers wanting me to go a 3rd party site for sex. I continue to block them but more keep coming rhrough

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Verified Account

Much like how tinder verifies the users by submitting a photo to be approved by Grindr employees to verify that the person that is on the account profile is the person behind the account itself. No one likes a catfish and it would greatly improve the safety of being on this app.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Vote for verification with an ID card, driver's license or mobile number !

Have you ever considered that it is normal to verify a person with some kind of document and to limit the misuse of accounts and new accounts constantly? Vote to stop all crazy people who are constantly creating new accounts and harassing other users by insulting and manipulating, let's stop anonymity and madness in some way by banning IP address, email, phone number or personal data from documents! Thanks

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to know who has me blocked

I’d like to know what users have blocked me

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. These fake accounts can pose as people near you and try to get money out of you over time. Allow free Xtra features to protect your users.

By allowing some of the “Xtra,” features that you charge a tremendous amount of money for just isn’t right. We should all have the right to show if we’re online or not as wel as have more blocks so we don’t get harassed constantly. There’s also so many scammers that seek to get our money and become more clever by the day. Those Xtra features could prevent someone from losing hundreds to even thousands of dokk

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Block the screenshot of profile photos

Prevent our profile photos from being stolen by hackers by blocking the screen capture function

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Expiring photos/screenshot blocking for all users

Expiring photos and the ability to block screenshots are safety considerations and shouldn’t be locked behind a paywall. Please include these features at the free level as well.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. fake profile

Verify accounts, one per phone number, black list abusers by phone number or IP address.
    Also- when blocked by scammer first- we can’t see profile to report it. Leave a window to report a profile that is suspected scammer or pic/info miner. Reach out to your tech moguls about this kind of gig and how they vet this process?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Safety against blocked accounts

When we block people, it's probably because we are not interested, they have been naughty, or sometimes while reporting them, sometimes fake profiles.

My idea is, since now on Grindr there is the phone number verification, I'd like to say if we block someone, Grindr should also not allow us to see accounts they might create again. Grindr should block automatically the account they would like to create so we csbt see them nomore

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Blur ALL Screenshots for ALL users!

Blur ALL screenshots for all users!
    Sending expiring photo’s are great, if you’re paying for it?
    What I don’t understand is why grindr is putting their users at risk by not blurring ANY screenshots on the app.
    Us users put a lot of trust in the app and to feel safe we need to pay? Wow, literally putting a price on people’s safety.
    It doesn’t not matter if your a paying member of a free member, nothing should be allowed to be screenshot (pics/conversations).

Do better Grindr. DO BETTER.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please embed into software to verify photos are real

Nothing is worse than being catphished on the app. I have used other dating platforms where I would have to verify the photo I’m using is actually me. It’s just nice to know I’m not putting in all that work just for someone to be fake.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deletion Of Messages In Inbox When Person Blocks Is Both A Criminal's Charter And Illegal

When I am messaging with someone they often prove to be dodgy and the more I talk the more I garner proof. Those up to no good reach a point where they may be as good as exposed and have said too much so they block you. Upon doing so all their chat with you disappears along with all evidence and their identity.

This is 100% wrong and makes Grindr a less safe place, disempowers users to make it safer and also happens to be illegal because messages in one's inbox are the property of the receiver in law just…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pictures and media

So a friend of mine is also a Grindr user and he and another Grindr user agreed on meeting up with one another, during their time together the Grindr user (not my friend) stole all the items out of his wallet and replaced the wallet so it initially isn’t noticed someone took all of the contents then said goodbye and left then immediately after he deleted his profile (which clears all of the data from both you and the other sender/recipient) so after discovering he had been robbed my friend was unable to report the thief through the app, or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base