Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spam should be filtered

Either you should set up an algorithm that will prevent things like malelocal.com and other pay sites from being in the profile text or allow us the option to report the text of a profile. They have now started putting it in the text then tapping someone but no conversation to report.

553 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

121 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. REMOVE IMEI BAN

IMEI ( device ) Banning should not be a thing.

I have an issue with two people in my area who don’t like me because I’m not attracted to them and they continue to report me which gets my accounts banned over and over and now for no reason my device has been banned

1. Users should be made aware of why they were banned nobody reads the user agreements tell me what, if anything, I did wrong

2. Give a way too plead this instead of just being faced with a “your account was banned” message with nothing to do but…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The option not to have music played when you open Grindr

It’s hard to be discreet when the music starts playing when you open Grindr. Please have an option to disable the music being played.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PREVENT PEOPLE FROM MAKING NEW PROFILES WEEKLY OR DAILY!

It's overwhelming and dangerous. There are people I must block in order to use the app comfortably, people who stalk me, annoy me or simply embarass me. They hate being blocked, and in order to get around the blocks, they delete their profile and make a new one each week, or even after a few days! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Report abusive users after they block you

It's absolutely disgusting that people can get away with things like sending you death threats & nasty messages only for them to block you before you can report their foul behavior. LET US REPORT THESE PEOPLE AFTER THEY BLOCK US

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scam profiles can report spam. Greater filter for those new profiles that are scammers, usually these profiles are from a computer, to be a

Scam profiles can report spam. Greater filter for those new profiles that are scammers, usually these profiles are from a computer, to be able to identify if they are new or false if they connect from PC or mobile

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add contact tracing for STDs

Something similar to the new york contact tracing app. If two users who have chatted and are in the same location for more than 15 minutes (or some time frame), grindr saves the data. Users can then report STIs anonymously in the app and have them sent to all possible hookups. there can maybe be a risk of exposure metric: if there were 30 grindr users in one place its most likely a bar and not a hookup. If users were in the same building but haven't chatted then they probably didn't meet up, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Report users who use fake pictures or fake profile and their accounts will be deleted when they receive multiple reports

Report users who use fake pictures or fake profile and their accounts will be deleted when they receive multiple reports

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scammers

Hello I just want to see if they could find a way to stop all these catfish guy and scammer. Yesterday 8/20/20 some one catfish me and end up finding my Facebook and started threaten me to send him money or he’s going to send out my *** pics he got from here.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. User Verification

Since you can't/won't do anything about bots, fake, and spam accounts. Implement a verification system for users that are willing to be verified. It also takes the guess work out of wondering if someone is real, or catfishing. Like other apps, maybe use like a match pose for verification purposes. Add a check mark or special border color to their profile. Just give us something to confirm the real users, vs fakes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give people a real reason with real proof when banned

You guys have fail to protect the victim of cyber bullying
    By not having their back and taking the easy solution of banding their account all based on someone else’s testimony. I have spend money and have many guys who I only contact through the app because of distance
    You guys have even robbed me of closure with people with no explanation

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop The Robots Profiles NOW!!

There are thousands of robot profiles scamming with fake websites listed in their profiles. Despite, there is a 'Report User' limit imposed by Grinder that limits the amount of reports you can submit. Grinder needs to take more action to protect us all from these scam profiles!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Verify users profiles with blue checkmark

Authentic profiles should be verified. Tinder has great verification process. Show them your photo, holding a name of your profile or either submit ID in order to have your profile blue checkmark which will show authentic users. There is a ton of fake profiles. I am paying Grindr and will continue to do so but let us be able to get verified. Otherwise I will leave this apl for good. From dating app, Grindr became sex app which is sad. Do something!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Introduce "known in person by x users"

When it comes to timewasters, pic collectors and fake profiles, nothing beats Grindr!
    Introduce a genuine counter to help users validate if and how genuine a person might be.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please stop sending notifications when it falsely

Please stop sending notifications when it’s false! I get how this system works however!! Please stop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Listen more carefully to reported fakers

I keep reporting a faker ans you guys don't listen. He is using a part of my picture as profile picture, but i can prove it's my picture because i have the original, so give An email or what ever to prove it, i Will gladly send you proof for this faker

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring back expired photo/let filters work

Bring back expired photos and offer more than 3 for non paying members. Also, if someone sets a filter for whatever reason be it age race weight looking for whatever, don’t let others see that profile if they don’t fit into that filter. Tired of setting filters that only work for me to see specific guys, yet everyone I DON’T want to talk to still reach out to me and I have to waste blocks when they shouldn’t get to see me. That’s dumb af.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Trackers need to be Abolished

Stop using 500 trackers when you pay large amounts of money for paid membership. It’s a huge invasion of privacy. Despicable. If people really understood what their data I was being used for not a single person would be on this platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove incognito profile

Not able to see who has an incognito profile who is basically spying others

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Identity

There's a guy changing his identity and then after talking then gives sad story for gift card and he says he's in the military in Afghanistan I have the name

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base