Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync chats and notes across devices

It's one account. It should work seamlessly.

1,069 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

104 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop automatic refreshing

Sometimes when I return to the thumbnail feed after viewing a profile or using another app, I see a guy that I want to message, but then the feed automatically refreshes and the guy disappears :( Sometimes, if I am lucky I can find him again after searching carefully, but most of the time he is completely lost. This has caused me SO much frustration. PLEASE end this!
    (A possible alternative to automatic refreshing would be to make a 'refresh' icon hover at the top of the feed/screen when it comes time to refresh, but allow us USERS to click…

559 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delivery & read receipt reliability improvements

Fix the message delivery status and read receipt bugs. The message status should update to "Delivered" once it has been delivered, and to "Read" once it's been opened.
    The status of a sent message is supposed to change from Sent to Delivered if the recipient has the app open, but many times I’ve seen people online even hours or days later, and my message still shows as Sent, leading me to assume they haven’t got it. So I send another message, which led to one guy telling me I’m impatient. This bug, combined with Grindr often losing messages altogether, keeps…

542 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. List of popular places and events

A list of places such as bars, coffee shops, clubs, etc. could be made available to the users for them to post on and review. The posts could also serve a place where people organize events. It could even be linked to an event page. This would encourage users to meet in real life, especially if the life of places are sorted by location, popularity, and activeness.

As a plus, users could also subscribe to places they like, and be notified when there is an event happening there, or when someone posts something on the page of the place.

331 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Grindr intrests

A tab section where you can put in your intrests and hobbies specifically and press a button to find and chat with people who have the same or ilar interests. It could be anything from art to pets to capmimg to nothing a little bit more naught ;P

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Restore the distance while scrollinh

As your scrolling down the distance showed up so you could see how far the person was from you before clicking their pic

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop Spam

The huge number of spam messages on a daily basis is completely unacceptable.

Despite numerous reports, Grindr hasn't done anything about this.

It would be as simple as parsing all messages through a URL filter.

Why do paying users of Grindr have to endure this?

Plus, unlike other apps, Grindr doesn't reward users for reporting spam.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show who’s visiting town and who’s about to visit town.

Let users see who the new guys are in town and allow users to show they’ll be in a certain city so local guys can make advanced arrangements.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop showing profiles of members not in my area

When I select an area in my city, I keep receiving profiles of members who are hundreds to thousands of miles away. Stop it. Want Only profiles of members in my area

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow landscape view please!! Especially for tablets !!!

Fact is is that it is hard to keep your tablet charged if you want to set it up or a desk or something while you have Grindr open. Since grinder only works in the portrait view. It should be able to work in either portrait or if you rotate 90° landscape as well. They have mentioned this for years and yet never seem to get it accomplished

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Clear the “explore” searches

It would be nice to clear our explore searches.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. one-click 'no thanks/ not my type' button

Please add a ONE-CLICK 'no thanks/ not my type' button in the inbox, BEFORE even opening the message, also in the taps tab. Even Romeo has done this now, so why can't you do it?

It could be next to the 'delete' button. If it's two-clicks or only available after opening the message, more semi-asshole guys won't bother to even click it, and then it won't make a difference. It has to be easier than opening the message and out again to remove the notification.

Saved messages is not a realistic solution, because that takes 4-5 clicks to say 'no…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tap the Grindr symbol at the bottom to scroll back to the top near you

April 29 2021 you updated Grindr. When this happened you remove the tap to scroll all the way back to the top. Now if I'm at the end of my near me I have to scroll manually back to the top. Please re-enable that feature.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Your integration of fake profiles

It has become very obvious that it is your site adding in these profiles to enrich a location or a member. It’s actually very frustrating and annoying because I know that they are not real and I can also tell by the way that you make these profiles up,you have now pushed out even further having them look at our profiles. Is there a way that you can take me off this charade as it’s very transparent and It disappoints me greatly as I have been with a grinder for close to 15 years. No stupid email from go fund…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make explore accurate

You need to make explore more accurate, because i search one country and it shows people from other.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No landscape mode

Why don’t you have landscape mode for you app? Scruff does. I’m disabled and use my iPad in landscape and I can’t use it in portrait mode without help. I don’t like that I want privacy. It’s hard enough being disabled and gay without you making it difficult. Where’s my equally?

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a filter of “positive undetectable”

You currently have “poz” tribe but not a filter for HIV status. As an undetectable guy, it would hugely help me meet others like this by filtering that. Many guys don’t select “poz” as a tribe but do have “positive undetectable” on their profile. This simple change would be amazing! Thank you

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change grid sorting from distance to driving distance

I live on Long Island and often talk to people in Connecticut who are marked as much as 1/4 of the actual distance I would need to drive to get to them. Changing the distance to a google maps type driving distance would help with finding people who are actually closest

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Scroll back to the top when you tap icons on the bottom

When you double tap the grindr icon on the bottom, you should be able to scroll back to the top. This used to be the case but was changed with the latest update. It’s very inconvenient.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More accurate GPS/Location

The one issue I have with the app every time if men leave the location. For instance when I press on someone's profile, it may mention or say they are three five or six miles to away from my location. Get there's an issue because normally they are at least 60 to 90 miles away, go as far as 200 miles away. I would just like Grindr to fix the GPS issue and get it more accurate so I could have a better chance of hooking up with someone

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base