Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync chats and notes across devices

It's one account. It should work seamlessly.

997 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

95 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop automatic refreshing

Sometimes when I return to the thumbnail feed after viewing a profile or using another app, I see a guy that I want to message, but then the feed automatically refreshes and the guy disappears :( Sometimes, if I am lucky I can find him again after searching carefully, but most of the time he is completely lost. This has caused me SO much frustration. PLEASE end this!
    (A possible alternative to automatic refreshing would be to make a 'refresh' icon hover at the top of the feed/screen when it comes time to refresh, but allow us USERS to click…

538 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delivery & read receipt reliability improvements

Fix the message delivery status and read receipt bugs. The message status should update to "Delivered" once it has been delivered, and to "Read" once it's been opened.
    The status of a sent message is supposed to change from Sent to Delivered if the recipient has the app open, but many times I’ve seen people online even hours or days later, and my message still shows as Sent, leading me to assume they haven’t got it. So I send another message, which led to one guy telling me I’m impatient. This bug, combined with Grindr often losing messages altogether, keeps…

524 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. List of popular places and events

A list of places such as bars, coffee shops, clubs, etc. could be made available to the users for them to post on and review. The posts could also serve a place where people organize events. It could even be linked to an event page. This would encourage users to meet in real life, especially if the life of places are sorted by location, popularity, and activeness.

As a plus, users could also subscribe to places they like, and be notified when there is an event happening there, or when someone posts something on the page of the place.

327 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Grindr intrests

A tab section where you can put in your intrests and hobbies specifically and press a button to find and chat with people who have the same or ilar interests. It could be anything from art to pets to capmimg to nothing a little bit more naught ;P

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CIRCLE EXPLORE AREA INSTEAD OF DROPPING PIN

I have explore and I have times where I want to search a very specific area only. So what would be amazing if we can circle the area and it would only bring up profiles that are within your circled area. It’s frustrating when you go to a location and sometimes the person is not even there

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show who’s visiting town and who’s about to visit town.

Let users see who the new guys are in town and allow users to show they’ll be in a certain city so local guys can make advanced arrangements.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Snapchat map location

Be able to have a map location and be able to turn it on and off

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Restore the distance while scrollinh

As your scrolling down the distance showed up so you could see how far the person was from you before clicking their pic

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow landscape view please!! Especially for tablets !!!

Fact is is that it is hard to keep your tablet charged if you want to set it up or a desk or something while you have Grindr open. Since grinder only works in the portrait view. It should be able to work in either portrait or if you rotate 90° landscape as well. They have mentioned this for years and yet never seem to get it accomplished

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Clear the “explore” searches

It would be nice to clear our explore searches.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop showing profiles of members not in my area

When I select an area in my city, I keep receiving profiles of members who are hundreds to thousands of miles away. Stop it. Want Only profiles of members in my area

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow people to connect others

So, I like to meet up with two guys at once. It would be nice if I could connect them with each other so that I don't have to have one person approve the other and send the other person's pictures, etc... Something that would allow me to connect two people who aren't close enough to each other to show up in their gallery would be most convenient. Thanks

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to search a specific geographic area in a map view

You should be able to set an area in a map view and have Grindr show the profiles in that area then have the ability to filter. This would be amazing because then you know the distance is within your specific area.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make explore accurate

You need to make explore more accurate, because i search one country and it shows people from other.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Category for hook up with straight guys

Cross over gridr gay and grindr straight. I’m a gay guy attracted to straight guys and I’ve met a lot of straIght guys on other sites that only wants a casual fun like Bj or ******* and go. Add this and it will great for me and other gays who are attracted to straight guys only

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Geographical Searches

Allow geographical searches in the free version. Other apps already include the feature for free.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a filter of “positive undetectable”

You currently have “poz” tribe but not a filter for HIV status. As an undetectable guy, it would hugely help me meet others like this by filtering that. Many guys don’t select “poz” as a tribe but do have “positive undetectable” on their profile. This simple change would be amazing! Thank you

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More accurate city search with adjustable distance.

Have an advance search option where you can adjust your distance based on what you want to search.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Your integration of fake profiles

It has become very obvious that it is your site adding in these profiles to enrich a location or a member. It’s actually very frustrating and annoying because I know that they are not real and I can also tell by the way that you make these profiles up,you have now pushed out even further having them look at our profiles. Is there a way that you can take me off this charade as it’s very transparent and It disappoints me greatly as I have been with a grinder for close to 15 years. No stupid email from go fund…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base