Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change grid sorting from distance to driving distance

I live on Long Island and often talk to people in Connecticut who are marked as much as 1/4 of the actual distance I would need to drive to get to them. Changing the distance to a google maps type driving distance would help with finding people who are actually closest

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I don't think so

I am Asian, and I would like to have the ethnicity filter option back. As a "minority", I don't think the filter option is racist. It offers me choices. Sometimes I want to search for Asians for example,, and if there is this option, it will make my search much easier to find

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Release the app without GMS. So its available for huawei devices.

Google Mobile Services is no longer available on Huawei devices yet they're still being sold in Europe. Please port Grindr on to HMS to allow Huawei users to use Grindr.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Synced inbox across devices

Having to backup and restore your messages everytime you use the app rather than having messages on the same account synced across devices is a really outdated method, it’s a really user unfriendly approach.

Have messages synced across devices by default so they can’t be missing and reduce the risk of losing them should you not have them backed up to the most recent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. hi , I’ve logged out my account, I forgot my password and I tried to change the password “forgot password “ but I didn’t receive any e mail

Please fix that , make sure they send the e mail, I pay grindr Extra, so I can’t log in becouse I didn’t receive any e mail to restore my account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow links

There may be one way to communicate as Grindr and so we want to share some links and to check the lack of ads you can prevent the links from the first message

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it easier to return to the grid

On iOS, the small “<” button at the top left of a profile that returns you to the grid is extremely finicky. I can’t count the number of times I’ve touched it only to resize the photo because I just barely miss touching the “hit box” of the return button. Very often I have to try touching that button several times, the app toggling between zoomed-in and zoomed-out versions of the first profile picture rather than returning me to the grid, as if to taunt me.

Please make that hit box bigger, or better yet make the navigation system more…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Messages

Messages not being delivered and the app constantly dropping out and app is up to date
    I have had messages saying sent not delivered for up to 24 hours which is so frustrating

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the app work in rotation mode on the iPad. Seriously, it’s 2021.

Grindr has been out long enough and with the new iPad Pros that have been out for a while, people use the Magic Keyboard. Is it really that hard to have the tech team at Grindr have the app work in either portrait or landscape mode? Seriously? Isn’t that what our fees go to so that these enhancements to meet technology and how consumers use their device facilitate the changes?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Location refresh forced me to the top of the list

The app refresh it's location every few minute. And when it happens it forced me back to the top of the list even if I'm in the middle of scrolling. This feature will be more noticably annoying in paying user we have a longer list. Please make it less frequent or just make a button to refresh the app location instead of automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Location refresh doesn't take me back to the top

The app refresh it's location every few minute. And when it happens it forced me back to the top of the list even if I'm in the middle of scrolling. This feature will be more noticably annoying in paying user we have a longer list. Please make it less frequent or just make a button to refresh the app location instead of automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatic scroll button broken

Both the Starred and Messages buttons at the bottom help you scroll to the top when you’ve reached the bottom, except the main Mask button! It would really help when refreshing the gallery!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Who Viewed You

On your profile screen that has the icon of who viewed you, people that block you still appear as a preview of someone who viewed you and then when you actually view the list, the profile is not there. I do have a screenshot of this however I didn't know if the photo would contain personal information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reorder photos

I would like to be able to reorganize my photos so that a slightly older photo I use a lot can be above a newer photo I use occasionally

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fresh face strip

The old feature of face strip is was BETTER. Please restore the old feature again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop stealing Money

If I get unlimited give my acct unlimited. I try to restore purchase and everything and despite seeing the sub in my iPhone it doesn’t work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Backup all chats regardless regardless of date sent/received

The Chat Backup feature has been quite useful in backing up all my message history. Unfortunately, I discovered that there's a "date limit" on how far back this backup feature works. Messages that are one year old or less are backed up. Anything older will not be backed up to the Cloud, and thus can't be restored.

I kindly request that the Cloud Drive backup ALL messages regardless of the age of the message. (I even have some messages from two years ago.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base