Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore the distance while scrollinh

As your scrolling down the distance showed up so you could see how far the person was from you before clicking their pic

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reinstate ethnicity filter

Removal of ethnicity filter discriminates against my personal sexual preference. If you remove the ethnicity filter based on percrieved discrimination (this is after all Grindr and not the bloody Times Magazine); stop ridiing the political and woke band wagon and brown nosing to said political pressure. If you want to truely take a stand against discrimination then remove ALL the filters as they too are discriminatory. Discrimination doesnt only apply to race. Your removal of the filter has discriminated against my preference and my freedom of choice.  So grow a backbone, drop the political insanity and either reinstate the filter…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop the scammers. Seem to getting more every day

Some how stop the scammers wanting me to go a 3rd party site for sex. I continue to block them but more keep coming rhrough

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Being blocked shouldn’t erase the chat on my side.

If someone blocks me, I also lose all the chat I had with that person. But what if the person has been threatening me and I got proof in the chat about a crime or anything like that... if they block me, I lose it all. It shouldn’t be like that!!!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Read Receipts 4 ALL

Grindr needs a revival... 2.0 Days werent nearly as BS as it is these days...

Read receipts for all users will allow for the app to become a lot more serious

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Block someone after they block you

A lot of users play games, then block you. How about an option to block them as well, AFTER they block you? This way they can't unblock you and then start again with a new pic or profile.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sexual activity options

Would be nice to have a section to choose our sexual activities likes, similar to the "Looking for" section.
    Include multiple choice options such as: anal, oral, light fun, rimming, no sex, no anal, bareback, etc.
    I think that would guide guys in finding like minded guys.
    Also it will free up space in typing in the 255 character box.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filter Out Trans From Listing

There seriously needs to be an optional means of filtering out the Transgendered, the female and the non-gays.

This is primarily a gay dating site but that is not the point. The majority of use are males who are looking for males but that too is not the point.

The point is not quite that in bygone years virtually all of those using Grindr were gay male but now a very high percentage are in either varying degrees of non-gay or non-male mode, but that we are limited to only being able to view the nearest 100 or 600 profiles…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tap the Grindr symbol at the bottom to scroll back to the top near you

April 29 2021 you updated Grindr. When this happened you remove the tap to scroll all the way back to the top. Now if I'm at the end of my near me I have to scroll manually back to the top. Please re-enable that feature.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ‘Side’ as a position option

Not all of us enjoy bum fun, and it’s pretty annoying to have to explain this all the time and be made to feel like it’s not legitimate.

Can you include ‘Side’ as a position option?

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop showing profiles of members not in my area

When I select an area in my city, I keep receiving profiles of members who are hundreds to thousands of miles away. Stop it. Want Only profiles of members in my area

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More Body Type Options!

The current body type options aren’t exactly what a lot of us would prefer to use. I’ve seen a lot of Bios that say “if there was a thick body type option id choose it” so I know I’m not the only one who thinks the options need some updating! My personal suggestion for either swapping some of the ones currently available or just to be added would be
    1- Thicc
    2- Slim thicc
    3- dad bod
    4- Chub
    5- tall / lengthy

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cut/ uncut

We need circumcision status to tell us if the guy is circumcised or not. It would make everyone’s life better

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Verified Account

Much like how tinder verifies the users by submitting a photo to be approved by Grindr employees to verify that the person that is on the account profile is the person behind the account itself. No one likes a catfish and it would greatly improve the safety of being on this app.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I’d like the ethnicity filter back - except you have to be smart about it.

The ethnicity filter can be back with a small change so you can stop people from filtering out people of color.

It has been impossible for me, as a person of color, to find other people of color. I am an Asian man who are interested in black men and i live in a predominantly white area. It’s been impossible.

The whole reason why the filter was bad was people filtering out people of color. So small tweaks can restore it and still make it not racist:

-You can make the ethnicity filter temporary by one search. So you can’t…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Vote for verification with an ID card, driver's license or mobile number !

Have you ever considered that it is normal to verify a person with some kind of document and to limit the misuse of accounts and new accounts constantly? Vote to stop all crazy people who are constantly creating new accounts and harassing other users by insulting and manipulating, let's stop anonymity and madness in some way by banning IP address, email, phone number or personal data from documents! Thanks

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Favorites

See those who starred you and kept you as a Favorite.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. What’s with all the false profiles. Isn’t there something you can do to block these?

Isn’t there a way for you to limit the robot profiles so I don’t get them. The Fresh Faces section is just a string of the same false profiles. And now they tap as well.
    Please find a way to stop or at least limit this

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make it cheaper to buy

To where it doesn't cost as much as they say

11 votes

We're glad you're here