Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gender filter

Allow people to filter gender: man, trans man, woman, trans woman.

931 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

98 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can’t search for specific users

search function for keywords in users’ bios.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The "Trans" tribe should be exclusive to trans people, as it says.

The trans tribe, as it states, is and should be only for trans people. It is not for cis people seeking trans people or even crossdressers. For crossdressers, it should be it's own category. The trans tribe should be special in a way, because it isn't an "interest" like "geek". Let trans people have their own space in the app to not be infiltrated by cis people.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Permitir que adolescentes usem o GRINDR

O GRINDR é usado por muito adolescentes anonimamente! Muitos amam usar o app para poder encontrar outros adolescentes que queiram curtição ou relacionamento! Mas até o momento não existe um app q permita adolescentes entre 15 a 18 anos! Seria bom se o GRINDR permitisse isso mas com restrições como! Ter uma aba só dos adolescentes! Mas com uma burocracia para cessar essa aba sendo pedir CPF e RG com foto dos documentos para poder acessar a aba! Assim ter a autenticar a idade do adolescente e não permitir que +19 acessem a aba dos adolescentes! Pois a comunidade LGBT…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a profile field for smoking/cigs ... Many of us have allergy issues and smoke/smell of cigs can trigger an onset of issues for us ...

New profile field : Smokers/cigs
    Many of us have allergy issues and smoke/cigs can trigger an onset of issues for us. Having a field for this category in profiles would be welcome by many. Thanks

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Restore distance viewer

I’m an unlimited user and one feature was as you scrolled down you’d see who was within how ms y metres/kms and their distance. In the last few hour the layout has changed and the distance viewer has gone. I was paying for unlimited because I wanted that feature now.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would love to be able to gift a membership to someone.

It would be nice to be able to gift a membership to someone.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stricter verification

I would like for Grindr to implement stricter verification for new and existing users in an effort to combat underage individuals posing as adults, bots, etc. I've heard a number of stories of men who have chatted with individuals who they thought were of legal age, only to find out upon meeting them that they're some horny teen. I'm proposing the implementation of verification measures such as ID (Government issued, driver's license, passport, etc), bank account, submitting a facial selfie with a piece of paper visible displaying a verification code, email verification, as well as changing the age requirements to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The cost of Grindr

I think you should do a reduction in your prices as they are absolutely outrageous!! I've always been happy with the basic one as I dont need to know if someones read my message or not, But, if your prices were lower more people would consider it. Why not try and and be the same prices as fellow apps, or just slightly at a higher rate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add distance to cascade

Revert the cascade back to seeing distance as you scroll.

Not sure what prompted you to keep distance visible on the favorites page and profiles (if user has it enabled) but remove it from the cascade in 7.11.1. It was helpful to visually see when I went from profiles a distance away of 10 miles to 45 miles.

Why not put the distance in a container in the left side of the screen across from the up button? This would add symmetry to the cascade and balance it out.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change grid sorting from distance to driving distance

I live on Long Island and often talk to people in Connecticut who are marked as much as 1/4 of the actual distance I would need to drive to get to them. Changing the distance to a google maps type driving distance would help with finding people who are actually closest

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Block the screenshot of profile photos

Prevent our profile photos from being stolen by hackers by blocking the screen capture function

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Refresh with Mask

We use to be able to hit the mask at the bottom for a refresh of our home screen. It doesn’t work with this iteration.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop the vibration notification when someone views my profile

I don’t like the “viewed you” section. I sure as hell don’t want a vibration notification for it. Get rid of it or have an option to turn it off.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Inbox filter: one-sided chats

Most people never respond for one reason or another, so it’d be nice to easily filter out those chats from our crowded inboxes.

352 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Incentivize members to fill out their entire profile

Give members incentives for completing each field on their profile. One option is to reward members with 10% more guys on their cascade per field completed. (First-time users who have not yet created a profile, for example, will unlock more and more profiles on their local grid the more they fill in their profile. Once all fields have been specified, all locked profiles on their cascade will be unlocked.) This is a standard feature enacted by numerous online social and dating services. Having mechanisms in place that encourage members to fill out their full profile will help put an end…

299 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Swipe right to go back

The current version no longer allows you to go back by swiping right. The only way to go back is to tap the left facing arrow.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base