Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spam should be filtered

Either you should set up an algorithm that will prevent things like malelocal.com and other pay sites from being in the profile text or allow us the option to report the text of a profile. They have now started putting it in the text then tapping someone but no conversation to report.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

56 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. REMOVE IMEI BAN

IMEI ( device ) Banning should not be a thing.

I have an issue with two people in my area who don’t like me because I’m not attracted to them and they continue to report me which gets my accounts banned over and over and now for no reason my device has been banned

1. Users should be made aware of why they were banned nobody reads the user agreements tell me what, if anything, I did wrong

2. Give a way too plead this instead of just being faced with a “your account was banned” message with nothing to do but…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The option not to have music played when you open Grindr

It’s hard to be discreet when the music starts playing when you open Grindr. Please have an option to disable the music being played.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Report users who use fake pictures or fake profile and their accounts will be deleted when they receive multiple reports

Report users who use fake pictures or fake profile and their accounts will be deleted when they receive multiple reports

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Report notification

Get notified when a report goes through and the Said reported profile receives a suspension. Countless times I’ve had to deal with racist guys who I report but they shorty block me after they’ve said all of their racist slurs. This would help the user know if their report went through and if justice was served, and all around it would make the app more safer and better.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Web Based Grindr

Just some feedback. I love Grindr but the way the web based has been design still push us to have an APP in our phones that is exactly what some of us cant have. A4A came before you guys and they didn't update themselves and you guys kick their *** however A4A web based is solve the problem for those of us that can not have the app in the phones at all. If you guys create a web based that does not require the use of the APP, I can assure you that we will pay monthly no questions…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Scammers

Hello I just want to see if they could find a way to stop all these catfish guy and scammer. Yesterday 8/20/20 some one catfish me and end up finding my Facebook and started threaten me to send him money or he’s going to send out my *** pics he got from here.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Restore expiring pics

We used to get 3 expiring pictures a day which means a lot in a very homophobic country

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back expired photo/let filters work

Bring back expired photos and offer more than 3 for non paying members. Also, if someone sets a filter for whatever reason be it age race weight looking for whatever, don’t let others see that profile if they don’t fit into that filter. Tired of setting filters that only work for me to see specific guys, yet everyone I DON’T want to talk to still reach out to me and I have to waste blocks when they shouldn’t get to see me. That’s dumb af.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Get rid of all the fake massage therapist scam accounts

Get rid of all the fake massage therapist scam accounts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Spammed

spam and fake accounts are bothersome and annoying. I left the site because of this very reason. I would like some type of security filter in place when guys create their accounts to filter out scammers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Trackers need to be Abolished

Stop using 500 trackers when you pay large amounts of money for paid membership. It’s a huge invasion of privacy. Despicable. If people really understood what their data I was being used for not a single person would be on this platform.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Give people a real reason with real proof when banned

You guys have fail to protect the victim of cyber bullying
    By not having their back and taking the easy solution of banding their account all based on someone else’s testimony. I have spend money and have many guys who I only contact through the app because of distance
    You guys have even robbed me of closure with people with no explanation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove incognito profile

Not able to see who has an incognito profile who is basically spying others

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop The Robots Profiles NOW!!

There are thousands of robot profiles scamming with fake websites listed in their profiles. Despite, there is a 'Report User' limit imposed by Grinder that limits the amount of reports you can submit. Grinder needs to take more action to protect us all from these scam profiles!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let people verify their profile.

Let people verify their profile so you can tell who is real and who is using photos that doesn't belong to them. Please add this. I'm sick of people using photos of other users. Please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add contact tracing for STDs

Something similar to the new york contact tracing app. If two users who have chatted and are in the same location for more than 15 minutes (or some time frame), grindr saves the data. Users can then report STIs anonymously in the app and have them sent to all possible hookups. there can maybe be a risk of exposure metric: if there were 30 grindr users in one place its most likely a bar and not a hookup. If users were in the same building but haven't chatted then they probably didn't meet up, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Down to the feat distance location

Too expensive and creepy this is basically spy wear please remove the down to the ft away distance feature instead when someone less than a mile just put nearby

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Listen more carefully to reported fakers

I keep reporting a faker ans you guys don't listen. He is using a part of my picture as profile picture, but i can prove it's my picture because i have the original, so give An email or what ever to prove it, i Will gladly send you proof for this faker

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Status of profiles reported in Grindr Help

Whenever I report a profile, I don’t get to know what happened with the profile. Did Grindr moderators take any action or not. The current process is not very transparent. I believe if this feature is added people will be proactive about reporting the profiles. In fact the users who got reported should also see how many people have reported them and what they should/shouldn’t do to stop being reported in future. Its more like spreading awareness about things you are doing wrong and wrong things you are doing.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base