Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.

(Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

3,203 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it cheaper to buy

To where it doesn't cost as much as they say

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View who I’ve tapped.

Have a screen to show who we’ve tapped, similar to how we can see who we have favorited. I think this would be great to see especially when traveling and being able to get back home and reconnect with those we tapped.

589 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sexual activity options

Would be nice to have a section to choose our sexual activities likes, similar to the "Looking for" section.
    Include multiple choice options such as: anal, oral, light fun, rimming, no sex, no anal, bareback, etc.
    I think that would guide guys in finding like minded guys.
    Also it will free up space in typing in the 255 character box.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More Filters for Grindr Unlimited Users

Filters that could be only for Extra/Unlimited:
    Ethnicity
    Hair Color
    Max Distance Limit
    Vaccinated for COVID-19
    For trans individuals if they are MTF or FTM
    Foot Size
    Penis Size
    Waist Size
    Sex practice (safe only, bareback only, need discussion)
    Fetishes (ABDL, Age Difference, Armpits, BDSM, Car Sex, Chastity, Choking, Crossdressing, Cuckhold, Dirty Talk, Dom/Sub, Exhibitionism, Fat, Farting, Feeder-Gainers, Feet, Furry, Gangbang, Group, Jockstraps, Massage, Piercings, Public, Rape Fantasy, Role Play, Scat, Shoes, Smoking, Spanking, Tattoos, Underwear, Voyeurism, Water Sports, Worship)

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Separate section for trans people and their admirers

I think trans men and trans women along with people who are trans-attracted deserve to have their own separate posting section. That way, trans community members and their admirers can better easily connect with one another. It would be beneficial and make sense to give trans people and their seekers their own platform, connected to the rest of Grindr but as a section within the existing app. You could call it GrindrTrans or something.

1,738 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

157 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Distance Reciprocity - users should only get to see other users’ distance if they are showing their own

Unless located in a country with anti-gay legislation, users hiding their distance should not get to see distance on other profiles. This would inspire a much-needed culture of fair play and reciprocity on the app, while also incentivizing members to stop hiding and stop wasting people’s time. (Not to mention that with distance shown on more profiles, browsing would be easier and the overall user experience would improve.)

2,399 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reinstate ethnicity filter

Removal of ethnicity filter discriminates against my personal sexual preference. If you remove the ethnicity filter based on percrieved discrimination (this is after all Grindr and not the bloody Times Magazine); stop ridiing the political and woke band wagon and brown nosing to said political pressure. If you want to truely take a stand against discrimination then remove ALL the filters as they too are discriminatory. Discrimination doesnt only apply to race. Your removal of the filter has discriminated against my preference and my freedom of choice.  So grow a backbone, drop the political insanity and either reinstate the filter…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ethnicity filter

I would like to have that filter back, I am a latino in his 30's I have traveled a lot and have developed certain tendency to specific ethnicities that for mostly cultural reasons I feel very attracted to. I am a very open person that condemn racism and discrimination but I do not see how taking down the filter alone works on the fight against exclusion and discrimination. I actually believe this might even deepen the invisibility of minorities from the view of people that could be really interested on interacting with who is different, as well as, obstructing the…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add warning and reason for a ban

I got banned for no reason out of the blue with no warning or explanation. I think sometimes someone just gets their feelings hurt cause I don’t respond or say I’m not interested and they report people for that. I’m not doing anything wrong but got banned. Why? Make this stop! So annoying!

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Erase all photos ever sent

It would be important from a security perspective that any user has the option to have all the content erased from all conversations (especially pictures). That way privacy can be maintained for discreet people and if you decide to log out for a while then no one has access to the photos you sent while you're away from the app.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back the search by ethnicity function.

Bring back the ethnicity function. This was very popular and useful but seems to have been removed. Why? What is the difference between searching for height, position, body type and ethnicity? Even for paying customers it isn't available?

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add 'kink' to tribes!

There is the leather option but that is just 1 kind of kink so it's a very narrow field. A few people use that tribe for kink but alot of people are intimidated by this because they aren't into leather and see it as "too extreme" for them. I'm surprised it hasn't already been made into a tribe if im honest!

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make subscriptions cheaper.

It's getting too expensive...especially for long term users. Feels like just another money grab from the gay community.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Being able to send videos through chat

It would be nice to be able to send videos through chat. Most of the videos that many people would like to share are probably traveling, cooking, hiking, nature, vacation, pet, sports videos. The list goes on, it doesn’t have to be inappropriate videos that we share.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change notification ringtone

Please give us the option to change the notification sound. It becomes awkward at times when we receive a notification in public.

1,642 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I’d like the ethnicity filter back - except you have to be smart about it.

The ethnicity filter can be back with a small change so you can stop people from filtering out people of color.

It has been impossible for me, as a person of color, to find other people of color. I am an Asian man who are interested in black men and i live in a predominantly white area. It’s been impossible.

The whole reason why the filter was bad was people filtering out people of color. So small tweaks can restore it and still make it not racist:

-You can make the ethnicity filter temporary by one search. So you can’t…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring back ethnicity filter!!!

Bring back ethnicity filter or reduce prices. That's literally why people subscribe to XTRA/Unlimited - to be able to search for what they like. Fix it.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Grinder needs to make profile face pics mandatory to have a profile

Grinder needs to make profile face pics mandatory. To have a grinder profile

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. cost

The cost of Xtra and unlimited is too high. I’d like to use the paid service but the idea of paying nearly $50 a month just to find a dude to screw me is too high.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base