Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. verified users only

verified users only search....

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pause subscription

For those of us XTRA/Unlimited subscribers who need to take a break from Grindr due to work-related, health-related, or relationship-related reasons, it would be helpful if we could freeze our subscription so we don’t lose the remaining time we’ve paid for. Since we can’t request refunds, at least don’t penalize us when conflicts arise in our personal life that demand us to step away from the app for a bit. You can still keep our money, just give us the option to freeze. This would be especially helpful for those of us on year-long subscriptions.
    (To prevent users from freezing…

967 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it cheaper to buy

To where it doesn't cost as much as they say

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Filter Out Trans From Listing

There seriously needs to be an optional means of filtering out the Transgendered, the female and the non-gays.

This is primarily a gay dating site but that is not the point. The majority of use are males who are looking for males but that too is not the point.

The point is not quite that in bygone years virtually all of those using Grindr were gay male but now a very high percentage are in either varying degrees of non-gay or non-male mode, but that we are limited to only being able to view the nearest 100 or 600 profiles…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Read Receipts 4 ALL

Grindr needs a revival... 2.0 Days werent nearly as BS as it is these days...

Read receipts for all users will allow for the app to become a lot more serious

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Restore the distance while scrollinh

As your scrolling down the distance showed up so you could see how far the person was from you before clicking their pic

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Being blocked shouldn’t erase the chat on my side.

If someone blocks me, I also lose all the chat I had with that person. But what if the person has been threatening me and I got proof in the chat about a crime or anything like that... if they block me, I lose it all. It shouldn’t be like that!!!

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop the scammers. Seem to getting more every day

Some how stop the scammers wanting me to go a 3rd party site for sex. I continue to block them but more keep coming rhrough

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More Body Type Options!

The current body type options aren’t exactly what a lot of us would prefer to use. I’ve seen a lot of Bios that say “if there was a thick body type option id choose it” so I know I’m not the only one who thinks the options need some updating! My personal suggestion for either swapping some of the ones currently available or just to be added would be
    1- Thicc
    2- Slim thicc
    3- dad bod
    4- Chub
    5- tall / lengthy

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 'Right Now' means RIGHT NOW!

The problem:

I want to chat with guys who actually want to meet up right now. The 'Right Now' status really just means 'Guess if I'm horny and if I am, which is not guaranteed at all, then... Maybe'.

Proposed feature:

Make 'Right Now' an expiring status (say 30 min) triggered by an action button that users can turn on when they are actually looking for right now.

Tech notes:

Don't over engineer this with cron jobs and caching layers; have the client do the work.

1. Add a right-now-UTC-timestamp to the user obj that gets reset by the action button.
    22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Block someone after they block you

A lot of users play games, then block you. How about an option to block them as well, AFTER they block you? This way they can't unblock you and then start again with a new pic or profile.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Would like to search by dick size.

Would like to search for guys only with some size of dicks. It’s not a discrimination. By height we can search. If I could search by dick size it would save lots of time for me and for other guys. To do that a new field is needed. If you do it - ready to buy unlimited subscription for several years )))

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tap the Grindr symbol at the bottom to scroll back to the top near you

April 29 2021 you updated Grindr. When this happened you remove the tap to scroll all the way back to the top. Now if I'm at the end of my near me I have to scroll manually back to the top. Please re-enable that feature.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Verified Account

Much like how tinder verifies the users by submitting a photo to be approved by Grindr employees to verify that the person that is on the account profile is the person behind the account itself. No one likes a catfish and it would greatly improve the safety of being on this app.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stricter verification

I would like for Grindr to implement stricter verification for new and existing users in an effort to combat underage individuals posing as adults, bots, etc. I've heard a number of stories of men who have chatted with individuals who they thought were of legal age, only to find out upon meeting them that they're some horny teen. I'm proposing the implementation of verification measures such as ID (Government issued, driver's license, passport, etc), bank account, submitting a facial selfie with a piece of paper visible displaying a verification code, email verification, as well as changing the age requirements to…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I only want to see men!!!

As a gay man, I'd like to see men only. However, I don't see a way to filter out those identifying or dressing as women?

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Locked Photos Folder

Add an option for a folder with private photos that we can share with other profiles we choose with the ability to also unshare. It gets tiring sending multiple photos to every other person you talk to.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Vote for verification with an ID card, driver's license or mobile number !

Have you ever considered that it is normal to verify a person with some kind of document and to limit the misuse of accounts and new accounts constantly? Vote to stop all crazy people who are constantly creating new accounts and harassing other users by insulting and manipulating, let's stop anonymity and madness in some way by banning IP address, email, phone number or personal data from documents! Thanks

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base