Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please restore ethnicity filter

I am Asian, and I would like to have the ethnicity filter option back. As a "minority", I don't think the filter option is racist. It offers me choices. Sometimes I want to search for Asians for example,, and if there is this option, it will make my search much easier to find.

6,279 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1416 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Age filter

There's an age filter that filters the age I'm looking for. There should be an age filter of the age the others are looking for. It's easier to find someone looking for my age range.

3,948 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

296 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Verification

Add a verification badge that verifies the users face like bumble & tinder have. It will get rid of bots & the fake people using others profile pictures.

1,450 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. “Not interested” tap option

Taps. Currently we have the flame, devil and friendly hello tap option. Why don’t we have a “not interested” tap option too? A lot of people have problems with being ignored by others when someone isn’t interested in them. However, people also cannot be bothered to reject others with words - it’s too much effort. This update to the tap mechanism could kill two birds with one stone. It makes it less time/energy consuming to reject people with just a click of a button. AND the guys who feel invalidated when being ignored, can get an answer - instead of…

756 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The cost of Grindr

I think you should do a reduction in your prices as they are absolutely outrageous!! I've always been happy with the basic one as I dont need to know if someones read my message or not, But, if your prices were lower more people would consider it. Why not try and and be the same prices as fellow apps, or just slightly at a higher rate.

250 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Side position

I, along with thousands of other gays, am a side. Unlike tops or bottoms, we don’t enjoy partaking in anal sex. Unfortunately the only options available under “position” all refer to anal sex. It’d be very helpful to include an “oral only” or “side” or anything really, so that we don’t have to explain ourselves to everyone who messages us.

676 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop Spam

The huge number of spam messages on a daily basis is completely unacceptable.

Despite numerous reports, Grindr hasn't done anything about this.

It would be as simple as parsing all messages through a URL filter.

Why do paying users of Grindr have to endure this?

Plus, unlike other apps, Grindr doesn't reward users for reporting spam.

317 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give warnings of any violation

After being a long-standing user of Grindr, making use of all it has to offer in a respectful and honest way, two days ago my account got randomly banned. No warning. My profile had not changed and in my mind did not overtly break the guidelines. I would like warnings on such drastic action please...as this would help users to rectify any unintentional violation of Grindr‘a rules or guidelines. Removing a users account immediately without warning wipes away the access to a supportive network of people that user has come to know and trust. It also isolates the user at…

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Return of the distance information in grid view

I really miss the distance measurement that’s been removed from the grid view.

It was visible when scrolling down the “Nearby”grid. It was where the “Fresh” tab is placed now. Having it back would be helpful.

Grindr Support said I should post here and see if you agree.

Let me know. Thanks.

275 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spam

Why you do not block automatically some spam messages there are always the same , containing always same website addresses like fuckguy.net, ....
    I mean what's the point for us to signal spam messages including our conversation if you fo not take any measure to stop it .
    So easy to track profiles that generates messages containing an url or something that looks like

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Lower the price of Unlimited

40 bucks a month, double that of Xtra for only a few more features is a straight up money grab.

You should lower Xtra to $10 a month and Unlimited to 20. You’d have way more subscriptions.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Simultaneous photo sending/unlocking

Trading photos is a pain. There's always a debate about who is going to send theirs first. There should be an option to send another user your photo but that photo only gets shown or unlocked to them if they have sent one of their own to you. Both photos unlock simultaneously.

I could see the notification saying, "this user has chosen a photo to send to you through the fair photo trade option. If you wish to make a fair trade choose a photo to send them in return and we will unlock both simultaneously"

This would reduce the…

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. “Not interested” instead of “Blocked”

Change the verbiage of the Blocked button to say not interested so it doesn’t feel as cruel to block someone. I don’t want to start conversations with guys who message me if I’m not interested in them, but I also don’t want to leave them hanging. The thing that happens when you block someone is really the best option. We become out of sight, out of mind from each other. But the word Block sounds a little harsher than it needs to be. Essentially I’m just not interested. Whether I’m not interested because you’re a hot muscle jock and I’m…

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Double standards on profile picture

Grindr has double standards on profile profile

Grindr no nudity allowed as a profile picture
    Yet if you have a sexy body they bend the rules

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

contact support  ·  1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Notify me when action has been taken against a user I blocked

I would like some kind of progress or notification that action has been taken against people who I have blocked. I receive far too many nude photos and I want to see that slow down.

495 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share cruising areas info

If you add section where people can share cruising areas in the world would be great. For people XTRA/Unlimited should be for free this info. People who are exhibitionists like me we need info about places where we can have safe fun and we can be more free. Other gay apps have same section and it's really cool. I don't want to pay double for Grindr and for other app as well...

489 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Early spam/fraudulent account detection

The amount of spammers/scammers has EXPLODED and become unbearable.

It would be great if Grindr engineers used some ML (machine learning) models to preemptively flag potential spammers/scammers and then ban/remove accounts when only 1-2 users report them as spam, instead of the current system of what seems like "manual verification" and probably wait for "enough" users to report a profile.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Profile Reciprocity - users should only get to see and filter by the profile fields they've included in their own profile

Unless located in a country with anti-gay legislation, members with unspecified fields on their profile should not get to see or filter by those fields on other profiles. This would encourage members to fully complete their profile, in a way that supports their privacy and discretion without a mandate. It would also inspire a much-needed culture of fair play and non-discrimination on the app.
    Something like this needs to be done to help put an end to incomplete and blank profiles. With more detailed profiles available in the community, members would enjoy easier browsing, more effective filtering, and overall better…

2,933 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. No puedo abrir los enlaces de Twitter

Cuándo algún perfil tiene vinculada su cuenta Twitter no la puedo abrir.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.

(Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

3,199 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 143 144
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base