Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More Body Type Options!

The current body type options aren’t exactly what a lot of us would prefer to use. I’ve seen a lot of Bios that say “if there was a thick body type option id choose it” so I know I’m not the only one who thinks the options need some updating! My personal suggestion for either swapping some of the ones currently available or just to be added would be
    1- Thicc
    2- Slim thicc
    3- dad bod
    4- Chub
    5- tall / lengthy

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ethnicity filter

I would like to have that filter back, I am a latino in his 30's I have traveled a lot and have developed certain tendency to specific ethnicities that for mostly cultural reasons I feel very attracted to. I am a very open person that condemn racism and discrimination but I do not see how taking down the filter alone works on the fight against exclusion and discrimination. I actually believe this might even deepen the invisibility of minorities from the view of people that could be really interested on interacting with who is different, as well as, obstructing the…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter Out Trans From Listing

There seriously needs to be an optional means of filtering out the Transgendered, the female and the non-gays.

This is primarily a gay dating site but that is not the point. The majority of use are males who are looking for males but that too is not the point.

The point is not quite that in bygone years virtually all of those using Grindr were gay male but now a very high percentage are in either varying degrees of non-gay or non-male mode, but that we are limited to only being able to view the nearest 100 or 600 profiles…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Would like to search by dick size.

Would like to search for guys only with some size of dicks. It’s not a discrimination. By height we can search. If I could search by dick size it would save lots of time for me and for other guys. To do that a new field is needed. If you do it - ready to buy unlimited subscription for several years )))

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The "Trans" tribe should be exclusive to trans people, as it says.

The trans tribe, as it states, is and should be only for trans people. It is not for cis people seeking trans people or even crossdressers. For crossdressers, it should be it's own category. The trans tribe should be special in a way, because it isn't an "interest" like "geek". Let trans people have their own space in the app to not be infiltrated by cis people.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back the search by ethnicity function.

Bring back the ethnicity function. This was very popular and useful but seems to have been removed. Why? What is the difference between searching for height, position, body type and ethnicity? Even for paying customers it isn't available?

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. can’t search for specific users

search function for keywords in users’ bios.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Two new tribes for chub lovers/ chub people

There should be two new tribes for chasers (people who like fat guys) and chubs (people who are fat) because it’s hard to find people otherwise

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Modify taps

I think the biggest reason so many guys hate taps is that they send a push notification/put a notification on the app icon just like new messages. It’s annoying to THINK you have a new message and open the app just to discover it’s just a tap, particularly if you don’t like or respond to taps. Give us the option to either NOT notify us of new taps, or just toggle off taps altogether. That way those who like them can keep them, and those who don’t can turn them off, or at least ignore them if they don’t want…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How come chaser isnt in tribes? Some guys like heavy dudes and its hard to find that fit guy fat guy dynamic. Add chaser to the tribes list

Some guys like heavy dudes and its hard to find that fit guy fat guy dynamic. Add chaser to the tribes list

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Profile field for mobile or not

This would help a lot in annoying situations where people say “your place” but they don’t drive!

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sex parties

Sex parties! You should have some kind of sex party option.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Messages

Quit deleting messages after we logged out completely and also we should be able to talk to other people in different areas without a subscr

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ethnicity filter

Pretty self explanatory

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make this a male gay app for men

Back in 2009, one of the original Grindr rules was that you had to be of age (usually 18) and male. MALE! What’s a male? Ohhh my goodness how could Grindr be so exclusive! Isn’t it ironic how a woke ignorant culture of insanely evolving political correctness is eroding even the most basic, common sense thoughts about what a dick for dick means. I’m beyond fed up with trying to pacify everyone’s ever changing rules. Cos, sis, tranny intersect purple blue and hamsters. Oh and while we are are it, where are the lesbians and men seeking women, (penis for…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Race and ethnicity

I am a black man and Grindr has no idea how it made it difficult to find people who look like me to relate to. The removing of race in order to reduce racism made things worst for us people of color. Grindr was a way to interact and promotes black Asian Hispanic love now you reduced it to a fake color blind utopia. I'm not paying if I can't filter to find my people.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add distance to cascade

Revert the cascade back to seeing distance as you scroll.

Not sure what prompted you to keep distance visible on the favorites page and profiles (if user has it enabled) but remove it from the cascade in 7.11.1. It was helpful to visually see when I went from profiles a distance away of 10 miles to 45 miles.

Why not put the distance in a container in the left side of the screen across from the up button? This would add symmetry to the cascade and balance it out.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please restore ethnicity filter

Please restore ethnicity filter

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ethnicity filter

I’m not a huge fan of allowing the gays to contribute to this heteronormative expression of “not my type” -ing with this filter but I’ve been “trapped” before not knowing what to say when pictures don’t reveal ethnicity and it contributed to an awkward conversation of how this “doesn’t work for me.” I suppose it’s racist 🤷‍♂️ but whether it’s preconceived notions that the White cis-male Christ loving and fucking structure have pounded in my skull all my life, - … grinder is not the place to have that dialogue or to be “woke” I mean it’s a Fuck site…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base