Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Profile field for mobile or not

This would help a lot in annoying situations where people say “your place” but they don’t drive!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unlock security

Unlock with Face ID in iPhone thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Simultaneous photo sending/unlocking

Trading photos is a pain. There's always a debate about who is going to send theirs first. There should be an option to send another user your photo but that photo only gets shown or unlocked to them if they have sent one of their own to you. Both photos unlock simultaneously.

I could see the notification saying, "this user has chosen a photo to send to you through the fair photo trade option. If you wish to make a fair trade choose a photo to send them in return and we will unlock both simultaneously"

This would reduce the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. REMOVE TRANS!!!

Look I ain't Discriminsting against Transgender People, But I Strongly Recommend They Get Their Own App. My Issue Is That Straight Men Come on This App Looking For "Trans Only". I thought This was Supposed To be an app For Gay Men Only. You dont See Lesbians on Here, Why Should Trans Be on Here? They need Their Own Seperate App. There's Taini for Multiple People Of The LGBTQ Community, But This App was Meant To Be Striclty For Gay Men Only. That's Changing, So Is The App. I know Theres Filters, But My Issue is That Guys Who Hit…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Being blocked shouldn’t erase the chat on my side.

If someone blocks me, I also lose all the chat I had with that person. But what if the person has been threatening me and I got proof in the chat about a crime or anything like that... if they block me, I lose it all. It shouldn’t be like that!!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Weekly subscriptions

Have weekly subscriptions not just monthly

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The "Trans" tribe should be exclusive to trans people, as it says.

The trans tribe, as it states, is and should be only for trans people. It is not for cis people seeking trans people or even crossdressers. For crossdressers, it should be it's own category. The trans tribe should be special in a way, because it isn't an "interest" like "geek". Let trans people have their own space in the app to not be infiltrated by cis people.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Trackers need to be Abolished

Stop using 500 trackers when you pay large amounts of money for paid membership. It’s a huge invasion of privacy. Despicable. If people really understood what their data I was being used for not a single person would be on this platform.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scroll back to the top when you tap icons on the bottom

When you double tap the grindr icon on the bottom, you should be able to scroll back to the top. This used to be the case but was changed with the latest update. It’s very inconvenient.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Tap the Grindr symbol at the bottom to scroll back to the top near you

April 29 2021 you updated Grindr. When this happened you remove the tap to scroll all the way back to the top. Now if I'm at the end of my near me I have to scroll manually back to the top. Please re-enable that feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable use of GPS (phone only) for location

Currently, Grindr stupidly insists you have you location settings on the battery draining "high" accuracy setting, which is GPS plus the Google data gathering machine of Wi-Fi. This needs to be changed to allow GPS only. GPS gives high accuracy anyway so there is no need for anything more which offers no improvement except for Google's finances. Having your location data from an app such as this move outside Grindr's or your phone's realm is a terrible risk, particularly in countries where homosexuality is illegal. We also have the right to determine how location is determined, this should not be…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Vote for verification with an ID card, driver's license or mobile number !

Have you ever considered that it is normal to verify a person with some kind of document and to limit the misuse of accounts and new accounts constantly? Vote to stop all crazy people who are constantly creating new accounts and harassing other users by insulting and manipulating, let's stop anonymity and madness in some way by banning IP address, email, phone number or personal data from documents! Thanks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Backup Chats to Any Cloud Service

So I have an Android phone, and back up to Google Drive daily. I want to buy an iPhone, but if I do, I won't be able to restore my chats to my new phone because Grindr only backs up to that specific cloud provider!

Grindr - please revisit the backup option so that we can restore to any device, regardless of the operating system!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you have blocked someone but they can still view your profile 😠

When you block someone, it should mean just that. They are blocked from seeing you , not blocked but can still view your profile 🤦‍♂️

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reinstate ethnicity filter

Removal of ethnicity filter discriminates against my personal sexual preference. If you remove the ethnicity filter based on percrieved discrimination (this is after all Grindr and not the bloody Times Magazine); stop ridiing the political and woke band wagon and brown nosing to said political pressure. If you want to truely take a stand against discrimination then remove ALL the filters as they too are discriminatory. Discrimination doesnt only apply to race. Your removal of the filter has discriminated against my preference and my freedom of choice.  So grow a backbone, drop the political insanity and either reinstate the filter…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reduce membership pricing

Make memberships more affordable, make it to where you can go incognito without paying extra, make it to where you can have a basic membership with the extras if you watch a certain amount of advertisements in full, Target spam messages promoting other websites

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The ability to message someone you unblocked

You should have the option to bring back messages or not when unblocking someone or at least give away to start a new chat incase you accidentally block someone and they are lost forever as you try to refind them again and they just think you have randomly blocked them

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Subtle chat/browsing mode

I would love it if Grindr had a plain looking UI option. I know other apps have a dark mode but what if grindr could have a light mode without the obvious dark background and orange and blue chat bubbles? I would love to be able to use Grindr more discreetly in public. Make it happen!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Blocked users still show on grid and still send messages

I blocked a user and the profile still shows on the grid however if I tap the users image Im taken to a screen that says the user is blocked and it asks if I’d like to unblock them. The same user is also still able to send messages and taps. This is occurring on multiple blocked profiles.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base