Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Second account on same device

Need easy ability to have 2 accounts share one device

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change grid sorting from distance to driving distance

I live on Long Island and often talk to people in Connecticut who are marked as much as 1/4 of the actual distance I would need to drive to get to them. Changing the distance to a google maps type driving distance would help with finding people who are actually closest

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How about a COVID-19 vaccination status

How about a COVID-19 vaccination status

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop losing notes on favorite profiles

My notes on favourite profiles keep getting erased. They disappear almost every two days now. Why can't you fix these bugs? Reliability is a BASIC function of any app.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Screenshot Notifications/Blocking

Users should be notified of/have the ability to block other users from non-consensual screenshots of the photos we send, our chats, and our profiles.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Threesome spot

Have a spot in the profile that indicates if the person is into threesomes or group play.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Refresh with Mask

We use to be able to hit the mask at the bottom for a refresh of our home screen. It doesn’t work with this iteration.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restore distance viewer

I’m an unlimited user and one feature was as you scrolled down you’d see who was within how ms y metres/kms and their distance. In the last few hour the layout has changed and the distance viewer has gone. I was paying for unlimited because I wanted that feature now.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. can’t search for specific users

search function for keywords in users’ bios.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. one-click 'no thanks/ not my type' button

Please add a ONE-CLICK 'no thanks/ not my type' button in the inbox, BEFORE even opening the message, also in the taps tab. Even Romeo has done this now, so why can't you do it?

It could be next to the 'delete' button. If it's two-clicks or only available after opening the message, more semi-asshole guys won't bother to even click it, and then it won't make a difference. It has to be easier than opening the message and out again to remove the notification.

Saved messages is not a realistic solution, because that takes 4-5 clicks to say 'no…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Scroll back to the top when you tap icons on the bottom

When you double tap the grindr icon on the bottom, you should be able to scroll back to the top. This used to be the case but was changed with the latest update. It’s very inconvenient.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove straight men and trans woman from my grid/visibility

The fact that I’m stumbling onto multiple “straight men” and “trans woman” profiles is troubling and upsetting. I’ve had straight men tell me they are not interested in “faggots”.

Are you kidding me. THIS MUST BE ADDRESSED IMMEDIATELY! I’m not saying to remove them from the app. But there should be a filter ability for me to:
    1. Hide straight men and trans woman from my grad
    2. PREVENT THESE GROUPS FROM SEEING MY PROFILE.

I have multiple trans woman sending me NSFW pics pre/post constructive surgery, begging to hook up. I do not feel comfortable on the app anymore.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I’d like the ethnicity filter back - except you have to be smart about it.

The ethnicity filter can be back with a small change so you can stop people from filtering out people of color.

It has been impossible for me, as a person of color, to find other people of color. I am an Asian man who are interested in black men and i live in a predominantly white area. It’s been impossible.

The whole reason why the filter was bad was people filtering out people of color. So small tweaks can restore it and still make it not racist:

-You can make the ethnicity filter temporary by one search. So you can’t…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The option not to have music played when you open Grindr

It’s hard to be discreet when the music starts playing when you open Grindr. Please have an option to disable the music being played.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add distance to cascade

Revert the cascade back to seeing distance as you scroll.

Not sure what prompted you to keep distance visible on the favorites page and profiles (if user has it enabled) but remove it from the cascade in 7.11.1. It was helpful to visually see when I went from profiles a distance away of 10 miles to 45 miles.

Why not put the distance in a container in the left side of the screen across from the up button? This would add symmetry to the cascade and balance it out.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. “Looking for” option that has various physical feature options

I’d like to be able to search for guys who are interested in chubs and bears, or guys who are into twinks, or hairy, etc

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Get rid of the creepy "viewed you" feature

The "viewed you" feature really detracts from the user experience, especially in its latest version. It takes all privacy away from browsing. You should give users the ability to opt out of it or at least make it less intrusive. Seems like you work tirelessly to male this app incrementally less pleasant to use.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Badge and Filter for Visitors

When we're traveling away from our home city, an icon like a small plane should appear in our profile thumbnail that indicates we're a visitor. (Members should also be able to manually mark themselves as a Visitor—especially if they don't have their home city specified for Grindr to mark them automatically.) To reduce any privacy/security concerns, users can disable the automatic indicator if they choose.
    We should also be able to filter for Visitors. It would increase connections x1000 and help us find better matches depending on whatever we're looking for at the moment.

8,223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  14 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Choose a different colour other then orange so it’s less obvious to everyone that you are on Grindr

When using the app how about being able to choose a different colour other then orange - purely so that it’s more discreet…?!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base