Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to add a picture from your chat to one of your favorites who have blank profiles

It would be great to have the ability to replace a picture of blank favorites or someone with a landscape photo to a picture of them from your chat. Then it would help you recognize them right away. And it would be just for you to see.
    There are too many blank or landscape profiles out there.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Know your status

Make it so someone has to use their ID and their STD paperwork to prove that they are negative for STDs monthly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Chat

We use the app on the same count from 2 differents phone
    The chat is not working
    Sometime the chat appear on one phone and not on the other
    Which is lame..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The ad pop ups

Ads pop up almost every time you click a profile. Ads in the grid that pop up if you scroll across them in any way.. the ones that take up 6-9 cubes. Why continue to make the app suck? Haven’t you realized that some of us refuse to pay the ridiculous prices for an “add free” version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. That thou the city has hotten bigger the people are to dl

No idea but it would be nice if grindr had an exclusive trans site. Where trans and the people who support them can gather.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. apple maps satellite view

Option to view APPLE MAPS SATELLITE VIEW on recieved and sent locations

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Express vpn

Hi i would want you to call upp express VPN and make sure your app works with it because now it very seldom does

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please restore the location

I am surprised that you have removed the location indicator from the app since adding the fresh column to the list and as a result somehow your new version is now without the much needed location. Instead you deemed it necessary for us to have open any random profile so that we can verify our distance from our own location. Now does this seem somewhat illogical and sensible to you??
    No?
    Neither did I so please restore the location if it means that fresh is going to have to go then so be it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "My views" feature

Similar to scruff, you should be able to see who the profiles you've viewed throughout the day. It would make it a hell of a lot easier to find people you chatted with but somehow lost the conversation with. No, this shouldn't be premium or Xtra features, it should be free.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let users type their own ethnicities

Outside of the USA, people don't ethnically identify with their race. There are thousands of ethnicities all across the globe. If you want this to be an international app, allow people to enter their own ethnicities, similar to the gender/pronoun feature. It's only fair. People are more than "black" or "white." You shouldn't push people into these boxes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please fix 'viewed me' bug

Currently the 'viewed me' feature shows the latest viewer upon opening the app, even if that person has subsequently blocked. Please fix this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have an option to not receive photos from users

I'm getting really sick of unsolicited nude photos and there should definitely be some option so that people physically cannot send photos to you until you add them to a whitelist of sorts

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The number of accounts in a particular city

Hello, I'm from Poland and I've noticed that the number of accounts isn't directly proportional to the number of population in every city. Poland is very anti-gay, homophobic country and different cities are marked by different tolerance and LGBT support levels. It'd be cool to find out where do I have bigger chances to find a partner.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Grindr Icon flashes on the screen when you press the calculator icon before asking for my password.

Don't flash the Grindr Icon on the screen when someone press to he secret icon. If I have PIN set up it should just directly to asking for the pin. Sort of defeats the purpose.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide muted chats

I would like an option to filter my chats and hide the muted chats. I like to pass a good time in the app, but I have a lot of unwanted chats and that disturbs me. I know the whole community would like this feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Not being able to tap or chat to people who view you

I if we could view or tap back or speak to people who view us that would be useful as often you can never find them on the grid afterwards if they are out of your search area. Also would be useful if those who tapped you had a different coloured square shown do that you could identify them at some point. This is the most frustrating part of this app which should be available on xtra as opposed to be directed to the page to upgrade as this seems more of an extra benefit as there appear to be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Photo organization

when you add photos to your profile that you can send out to other accounts, they're listed in the order that you add them, with the newest photos you add being at the top. I think it would be really helpful if once the photos were in your bank of photos, you could rearrange them and put them in any order you want, that way the ones you send the most you could put at the top instead of having to scroll through them all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Re-sorting sendable images

Hey, some feedback on an improvement: make sendable images able to be re-ordered with touch and hold (or something similar). This is already a feature on profile images but would love to see it on sendable chat images.

It's a bit annoying having to scroll through images to send my "most sent" ones, chronology of upload is not a very intuitive design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keep ppl blocked after logging out and back in… bc they’re annoying and/or weird.

You would think it would occur to someone that a users would want the weirdos they blocked to STAY BLOCKED 😂. I find it the nicest way of saying I’m not interested. And who wants to deal with the awkwardness of talking to them again after they realize you blocked them.🙄 Believe it or not, some of them just don’t get it! 😭 So please Grindr, spare us this grief… preferably ASAP. ☺️

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tradutor

Função de tradução. Exemplo: Eu escrevo em português e a pessoa recebe o que eu falei na língua dela. Igual tinha no app MOOVZ e tem no app ABLO.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base