Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dominant vs Submissive

Why don't you have a sliding scale of options to state how dominant or submissive someone is, alongside the option of stating that they might switch between the two?

➜ Very dominant
    ➜ Fairly dominant
    ➜ Neither dominant nor submissive
    ➜ Fairly submissive
    ➜ Very submissive
    ➜ Switch - can be either dominant or submissive
    ➜ none of your business
    ➜ Don't know

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Filter Out NSFW Profile Pics

I mostly used Grindr to make new friends, and occasionally to go on dates. I don’t really use it for hook-ups, and I wish there was a way for me to scroll through the app without having to see so many NSFW profile photos (i.e. ass photos, crotch shots, underwear pics etc.). It makes it really hard to open the app at all in a public setting. One solution would be to make the ‘Face Photo Only’ filter free to all, or perhaps a new free filter could be developed that would detect and hide pictures with nudity.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Trans setting

Maybe just me but Trans is being used for
    MtF and FtM but also for people who just like to dress as other sex.

Could we get this so can choose and see?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Blocking someone while browsing

I would like there to be an option to block people while you are browsing the “nearby” section. So if you press and hold you can have block/report as an option.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Filter to view likes

Adding a filter for what gender you identify different from the tribe filter.
    For example if I’m a trans woman who’s interested in cis men adding that filter option to filter out the trans women because I’m not necessarily looking for trans women.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Status: At Work / Not Looking.

Tired of searching for guys and being told “I’m at work!” Like how am I supposed to know that?!?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Category called ‘Wide’

New category called Wide: just a bit opposite of side, someone who doesn’t enjoy giving oral and is interested only in the real deal, which is fucking using condom/on prep. I know many people who are not interested in sucking just to get some dick. I feel it’s kinda derogatory when the top is not interested in satisfying the bottom mutually with oral sex (rimming). Also, lot of STD are transmitted through oral sex than anal if uses proper protection. This would category will really help many bottoms who are often looked down and called cock suckers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Verse Side position

Please allow for position "Verse Side" to indicate that you're versatile but primarily a "side". Just how some people identify as "verse top" or "verse bottom", a "verse side" option would be very helpful, as it's a spectrum.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Location filter between

It's going too much long distance,still there are nearby between 5to 8 miles still most of the people are from 999miles away,why anyone wants a foreign country?we need to filter between location so we can find people between the selected miles..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fresh Faces

Please remove Fresh Faces or provide an opt out. Fresh Faces is annoying and not at all useful. I don’t want to be forced into Fresh Faces just because it change a photo. When I’m in Fresh Faces, all my messages come from 20 miles away or more. Not helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back block and message option

Bring back the option to block people from view me. Not only did you take away the blocked feature but you are forcing me to interact with someone when it is ultimately my choice who i want to talk to or view me. And why add a quick message option if i have to be a pro member to use it on a page that views me. I swear y’all come up with more ways to make more money, but not to make the app more enjoyable. Just gets worse with every update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. No Etnicity filter. If you are long time paying customer. You should be able to filter in or out your preferences and/or your non-interest

No Etnicity filter. If you are long time paying customer. You should be able to filter in or out your preferences and/or your non-interest
    Likes and dislikes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show people from neighboring countries at the border and not from the original home country

The biggest problem with the app is that if you live with another country border, it will show you people from that neighboring country and not from your home country. I want to pay money in the application but I will not waste my money in a failed and weak system

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A fatal flaw in the way Grindr works

There is a big flaw in the Grindr system or the way it works. It is true that the display of people pages is related to the geographical location, but the biggest problem for people who live in the borders with common countries will get the accounts of people from the neighboring country as well, and this is the defect of the Grindr system. I live in Germany With the border with the Czech Republic and the application only shows me accounts from the Czech state, I am in Germany and not in the Czech Republic. Please work to solve…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove the most recent paywall to fresh grid and other grid

Remove the most recent update to the pay wall on fresh and standard grids,

I live out in the country, thanks to the most recent update I can now only actively message 9 people whereas before I could of messaged a lot more, I can’t see the point in keeping this app if I can’t use it to message people Anymore, literally failing at your primary service

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Filter for desire

Desire (low, average or high for frequency for intimacy) is such an important variable, especially for long-term compatibility. Please consider adding.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search the Profile with any keyword

We need to search profile with any keyword.. this option is available now in chat only .. we are requesting you to add this option in profile as well . Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add tribes for fem and cd

Add tribes for fem and cd

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hide non-matches

Instead of blocking a profile altogether, you should be able to hide users who have either not responded to your messages or are not interested. It’s a constant reminder and hit to your ego when you see a user that interests you…only to realize you already messaged them and they’re not interested

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base