Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Race filters

Hi there race filters helps people chose whom they prefer! Please reinstate!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Separate section for trans people and their admirers

I think trans men and trans women along with people who are trans-attracted deserve to have their own separate posting section. That way, trans community members and their admirers can better easily connect with one another. It would be beneficial and make sense to give trans people and their seekers their own platform, connected to the rest of Grindr but as a section within the existing app. You could call it GrindrTrans or something.

2,177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

243 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Separate trans men from trans women have them in two different categories

Trans men and Trans women should be two different categories 👍

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. More Body Type Options!

The current body type options aren’t exactly what a lot of us would prefer to use. I’ve seen a lot of Bios that say “if there was a thick body type option id choose it” so I know I’m not the only one who thinks the options need some updating! My personal suggestion for either swapping some of the ones currently available or just to be added would be
    1- Thicc
    2- Slim thicc
    3- dad bod
    4- Chub
    5- tall / lengthy

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.

(Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

3,339 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hashtags - giving and taking

Hashtags are quite unclear so far. For example #big
    Does that mean, that I am big or that I am looking for big?
    Not all big guys look for other big guys. Not only big guys are interrested in big guys.
    Also you should group the tags to catergories so you can tell if that particular hashtag is about sexual preference or hobby. Maybe you can do that easily with different colours.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would like to search by dick size.

Would like to search for guys only with some size of dicks. It’s not a discrimination. By height we can search. If I could search by dick size it would save lots of time for me and for other guys. To do that a new field is needed. If you do it - ready to buy unlimited subscription for several years )))

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. An option to search a person by their profile name would help a lot

An option to search a person by their profile name would help a lot

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Lack of search option on paid version. This is literally the only i app I use without a basic search option

How can an app that has a paid version not have even the most basic search options?

Just the ability to search for user names would be very helpful!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include a lesbian section

Please add a section under Stats that says Expectations:
    Prefers
    then people can put a checklist: cis women, butch women, nonbinary persons, nonbinary femmes, nonbinary mascs, gender fluid persons, trans mascs, trans femmes, trans woman, trans man, etc.
    That way we’re only available to people of those genders who want us and we only see people of those genders that we mutually want.

That way lesbians or other queer AFAB or trans women can look for each other, etc.

Lesbians do not have any app to date that is like Grindr and we need it because we are less likely…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. These “no men” posts

As a gay user, I love that Grindr promotes a safe space for all… However, the amount of straight men on this app looking for “not men” is fckng ridiculous at this point. Please find a way for us to filter them, they really should be on they’re own app as they’re not gay but if you want to welcome them to our safe space please create a filter.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix "fresh" from 9 to 30

Ver 18.6 only has 9 fresh then Xtra this is way too small. I am doing lots of blocking.
    Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Gender Filter

Ability to filter users based on their gender identity; Man/Woman, Trans Man/Trans Woman, Non-binary/Other.

This would allow gay and straight people to only see users of their preferred gender. It would also make it easier for trans people only looking for other trans people, since the 'Trans' Tribe is full of cis men looking for trans women.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Distance filter for everyone!

Nearest profiles I keep getting are over 100km away! Very rarely do I see someone from my area or at the very least the next city (25km) I’m also aware that the app doesn’t show me everyone, as i have a bunch of friends that live nearby that also use Grindr and they either can’t see me while I can see them, or the other way around despite having filters off for testing purposes. I also receive taps from profiles with tags I have filtered and are near, but I couldn’t see them prior to receiving the tap from them.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change notification ringtone

Please give us the option to change the notification sound. It becomes awkward at times when we receive a notification in public.

1,855 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Boost

Something to show someone is using the boost feature, like a different colour grid section or something, so many guys don't show their difference so it's hard to know of someone is actually close or just using boost

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pre-filtered matches

A person should be able to set their preferences, and we should have a view of all potential matches. In other words if I’m not their type…age…race etc…filter them out of my custom view. I’m tired of messaging people where they look at your profile and don’t respond.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Geographical constraints in search

I live in an area of a border to another country. There is a long canal separating to major cities and countries, and very often I see people very close < 2km, but on the other side of the canal. That would require me traveling 10km south to the bridge, crossing an international border and driving up again 10km to meet the person. While gps shows that we are close in a radius, often borders, rivers and other geographical landscapes make way far than possible to meet, making it impossible due to lack of transportation. Being able to constraints a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base