Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ethnicity Preference

While I applaud the long needed focus on removing cultural bias toward any ethnicity, my preference for someone to date regarding ethnicity is in the same category as my preference for age and body type. It is simply a ****** attraction reference akin to my attraction to men vs women. I would suggest the removal of ethnicity filters is a step too far. Any respectful thoughts would be appreciated.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ethnicity Filter

I have read Grinders comments about removing the 'ethnicity' in solidarity with the black lives matter campaign. I think this is a terrible idea. Ethnicity does not equate to racism. Far from encouraging freedom of choice, it actually limits freedom of choice and would also serve to isolate many people and groups. You cannot and should not be able to prescribe physical preferences or force people to conform to your ideas. People (black, white, asian, old, young, transgender or bi) are entitled to choose who they interact with. This is a fundamental freedom in any free society.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ethnicity option !

what happens with ethnicity option we all have ****** preferences we cant be forced to have relationships with ppl we dont feels attracted!!
    That option need to get back !

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ethnicity filter

Please please please restore the ethnicity filter. This app isn’t really worth it to me without it. It is a nice way for me to find guys that aren’t very close to me and because of it I’ve made some amazing friendships.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back the ethnicity filter

Bring back option to filter by race or ethnicity identity.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. تطوير زر تقارير الابلاغ بضغطة زر واحدة

يغلق الحساب فورا عند ارسال تقرير الابلا عن منتحلين الشخصيات والقاصرين و الحسابات المؤذية . عند الضغط على ابلغ عن وإرسال سبب الإبلاغ يغلق الحساب المسيئ فورا بنفس الوقت كما كان في الاصدارات السابقة القديمة ب 2017 و 2018

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ethnicity Filters are no different from other filters

Although I totally appreciate and respect the gesture of deleting the ethnicity filter, especially during this heightened time of awareness about racism and bigotry, this is a short-sighted fix. The Grindr app is full of exclusionary filters (i.e. body type, sero status, "tribes"). An app that is designed to shrink the field of profiles so that users can isolate what they're looking for is the essence of the app. Trying to pacify a desire related to race because it's the major issue of the day is patronizing and counterproductive on this platform. Whether it's a gender identity preference, relationship status…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ethnicity filter

Not racist- but I know what I Like
    Bring back the ethnicity filter - this is a *** app- we al have who we are sexually attracted to- having to scroll through face we will never want is a waste of time - and as a PAYING memeber this was a feature I PAID for

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. مشاكل تقارير الابلاغ واغلاق الحساب المؤذي بضغطة زر واحدةح

إصلاح مشاكل تقارير الابلاغ وإعادتها كما كانت في التطبيق التجريبي عند الإبلاغ عن حساب مؤذي ينغلق فورا دون الحاجة لمراسلة فريق الدعم

190 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ethnicity Search

Bring back ethnicities search… It’s not up to you to decide what I like! Also, you’re choosing ethnicity to be so high and mighty about but you’re leaving in weight height and age? Come on people!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. اصلاح مشاكل تقارير البلاغات واعادتها كما كانت ب 2017 و2018 بضغط زر واحدة ينغلق الحساب المؤذي

لقد قمت بلابلاغ اكثر من مرة عن اطفال قاصرين من داخل التطبيق وكذالك ارسلت تقارير لفريق الدعم وقمت بتصوير الشاشة لكن لا فائدة لم يفعلو شيئا ولم تغلق حساباتهم لماذا ؟ بعد التحديثات الأخيرة أصبحت تقارير الابلاغ لا تعمل عند الضغط عليها يظهر فقط تم الإبلاغ لكن غير فعال لا ينحظر الحساب الذي ينتهك قوانين البرنامج ، ارجو حل هذه المشكلة فورا ومعالجتها وإعادة تقارير البلاغات كما كانت سابقا في 2017 و 2018 عند إرسال تقرير إبلاغ عن شخص ينتهك الحقوق ينحظر فورا ، ارجو إعادة النظر في الأمر

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. restore ethnicity search

Ethnicity is a preference and now I have to scroll through 2000 white guys unnecessarrily.

i will cancel i pay premium not free...

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ethnicity

Have you figured out a way to role back your cowardly rollback of ethnicity search fetures?

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. تصليح مشاكل تقارير الابلاغ واعادتها كما كانت سابقا

تطوير البلاغ بضغطة زر واحدة تنغلق الحسابات التي تخالف شروط وقوانين البرنامج واعادته فعال كما كان سابقا في الإصدارات القديمة دون مرآسلة فريق الدعم

176 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ethnicity

Stop the idiotic social engineering. Removing ethnicity doesn’t magically make people change their tastes. Stop insulting the intelligence of users who pay for your app. Disgraceful.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back Ethnicity Filter!

I prefer another ethnicity! I’m fully supportive of BML but if someone has a ****** preference. If you’ve stopped this filter, stop the age filter too.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. اصلاح مشاكل تقارير الابلاغ ارجوكم

I was informed from within the application on an account impersonating my personality more than twenty times, but his account was not closed, why? I am tired of the large number of reporting reports and you did nothing and the account was not closed, and I also sent the support team a message and did nothing 😡 After the recent updates, the application became a garbage There is a bug and problems in the reporting list When sending a report to report abusive accounts do not prohibit their accounts is not the same as it was previously The application before…

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mock location

Dear Grindr,
    This an important message. I understand that in the recent update Grindr has disallowed usage of "Mock GPS". But Please lend me an ear for a minute.
    There are many like me who still have to live and work in insensitive areas. Where local people are insensitive, apathetic and hateful towards LGBT community.
    My recent experience of using the app in the small town I'm working at was bitter. Everyday I get followed by a local Gay guy from my office to my local residence. Another guy ended up blackmailing me and it was reported too.

My point…

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. إرجاع تقارير الإبلاغ كما كانت في الإصدار التجريبي بضغطة زر واحدة تنغلق الحسابات المؤذية عند التبيلغ عنها فورا دون تحديد وقت معين لاغلاقها

Reporting reports are returned as they were in the trial version with one click of a harmful account closes when reporting it immediately without specifying a specific time to close it, the harmful accounts are closed as soon as the report is sent about it

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. اعادة البلاغ كما كان سابقا ، عندما اضغط ع زر الابلاغ عن شخصي يسيئ لي ينحظر فورا دون الحاجة الى مراسلة فريق الدعن

عند الإبلاغ عن الحسابات الزائفة والمسيح ومنتخب الشخصيات تنحضر فورا بأبلاغ واحد . كما في السابق

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base