Skip to content

Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1028 results found

1. automatically block contact list

give the option to import your contacts list to automatically block all of them, like tinder does too...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Block back" Block a Blocker

This blocking process needs some clear thought.

When a user initiates a block he can unblock anytime he wants and view, contact, harass or otherwise stalk the user he previously blocked. Furthermore, the person being blocked loses the entire chat. We have a right to that data. It is a direct conversation and we are entitled to access.

At a minimum, blocked users should:
    1. Have access to all the data passed between the concerned parties including but not limited to text, pics, gifs, memes etc.

B. The user that got blocked should have the ability to block the user…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it possible to be invisible to other people in certain geographic areas like work or home for privacy.

This would allow you to not be seen by people near your home (neighbors) or coworkers. But even more importantly, for people like me who work in education, we wouldn’t have to worry about our students finding us if we forget to swipe the app closed before heading to work or something. Our students wouldn’t be able to find us by opening the app with a fake account they’ve created (not that hard to fake their age) and all the sudden there we are connected in a very inappropriate way because of our close proximity in that moment. I’m sure…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Web version available to all for free.

Some of us live in dangerous areas and/or in the closet.
    We cannot DOWNLOAD the APP on our PHONES and risk getting caught; THEREFORE make the WEB VERSION available to all for free.
    For once quit being CUNTS. It is very Crucial and important, UNDERSTAND THAT this is a matter of life or death to some us. LITERALLY.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Instagram link should require VERIFICATION

You should be required to VERIFY YOUR INSTAGRAM LINK with the login process!

(It's crazy to me that this is not in place like on Tinder)
    Verification is so important, partly for our safety to avoid catfishers with malicious intent.
    But most of all for the VICTIMS of identity theft and defamation. It's crazy to me that you will allow anyone to personate someone with a profile link.

There are so many people, straight and gay, that report this problem on public forums, and how this abuse is a big issue to them.

Grindr, you have a responsibility here!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Access to Grindr only by verified users with face pics

Make Grindr only accessible to those who have face photos and can verify their identification via drivers license or passport this will stop abuse of the app and deter bots and underage users which are prolific on this app

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Users that don’t have a face picture or body picture being able to view my Profile and also identity should be verified bcuz of catfishers

Users that don’t have a face picture or body picture being able to view my Profile and also identity should be verified bcuz of catfishers.

I hate that blank profiles gets to view my profile and message me at that. I gotta keep blocking people like that and it’s annoying.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sir please sorry ab aage kabhi se aysa kuch nhi hoga aap Account banned ko hata do plas

Sir please sorry ab aage kabhi se aysa kuch nhi hoga aap Account banned ko hata do plzz mujhe nhi pata ki mera account banned kyu hua h no idea pr sir Banned hata do thnku soo much Grindr

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make ability to report users who have already blocked you available everywhere

I was almost scammed by someone (to use a supposed verification website but that required your card info even though it was “free”) but before I could report them I was blocked. Apparently there is a “report recent chats” feature that lets you report people who’ve blocked you, but it’s “only available in select locations”. Make it available everywhere so we can keep this app safe!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Feature to report accounts that engage in harmful behaviour

I kindly request the implementation of a reporting feature that specifically addresses cases of cyberbullying and privacy violations. This feature aims to empower users to report accounts that engage in harmful behaviors, such as cyberbullying and the unauthorized exposure of private information, such as real names, addresses, contact details, etc.

Why This Feature is Important:
    In recent years, the rise of cyberbullying and privacy violations has become a serious concern for users across various online platforms. These harmful actions not only cause emotional distress but also pose a threat to the safety and well-being of affected individuals. By providing an…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Expiry pieces option for free user or all

This app should have expiry pics option for free user and expiry pics should be unlimited send

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Prevent screenshotting

I put my pics in an album for a reason. People are screenshotting my private pics by liking the photo, which shows up in the chat log then being able to open up the pic and screenshotting it. Fix this shit Grindr, it's not good enough.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Having to weed out the scammers/impersonators. Have Verified Identity tags on profiles and video chat capability.

As a PAYING member of this type of social app, it's my strongly held belief that it is that corporation's DUTY to ensure that the person I'm having a typed convo with, is VERIFIABLY the same person portrayed in the profile. You can do that proactively by providing an avenue for verifying identity like many other sites do, using 3rd party ID verification providers. Secondly, this and other sites aggressively warn users not to leave the app or site to talk because "that's a warning sign of scammers." Ok, then give me the tools to proactively verify identity without having…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Seria ótimo, perfil somente com fotos de rosto

Seria melhor perfil somente com fotos de rosto, por segurança. Tem muitos com ma intenção no aplicativo, sem perfil, descrição etc.. Isso acaba prejudicando.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. banning people

It’s wrong that a lot of my friends and I have noticed you don’t actually investigate when people we may not even interact with even can just make a profile up and complain about someone falsely and have them banned without Grindr staff even investigating the claim. We have folllwed all rules and regulations but in this world people may feel rejected for simply then not being your type and are vindictive people who are insecure taking it to that extreme knowing you will ban them for good. Loyal customers that pay? How does that make sense and you are…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 step authentication verification

2 step authentication verification

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Block the user

This is not idea but rather complaint. A user just asked my no. Ani when i refused he told me he will defame me. Report my id and reveal personal info. And then he blocked me. Now i dont have access to his id, how can i even report the account. And if in case if he misuses my info. Who will be responsible. No feature to report such accounts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cyberflashing/Harassment

Cyberflashing is a serious problem of privacy violation and sexual harassment. Too many people sending nude photos without consent on this app. The category "Accept NSFW Pics" is useless.

I think the definitive solution for this problem is that you can't receive photos if your category "Accept NSFW Pics" is "Never".
    And you can't send photos to someone who set this option to "Never".

This is a critical function the community needs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deletion of photos from conversations if you delete them from a private gallery/media

Photos that you send to someone and then get deleted from a private gallery/media should disappear from the entire conversation in all people, not like it is currently that all photos stay and it should show that they are unavailable. Something similar to how it is on a gallery basis when you stop sharing an album and can't access it. In general, the problem is that photos should delete themselves with everyone after you delete them with yourself from the gallery/media

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add notes on blocked user

It would be nice to be able to add notes on blocked users to describe why we blocked them

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base