Skip to content

Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1039 results found

1. Location/ Discreet App Safety

Firstly being very sophisticated about go'v location and app installation protection. I have seen reports of Grindr attack in Jamaica, and the app is certainly lethal in places like Iran. Please, we must keep our brothers safe. I hope you will be able to scramble location and device data in a way which you can surreptitiously confirm will ongoingly fool go'v tech. This app is monitored in all countries, and in these less deadly nations, it is essential that Grindr become unrecognized to the OS and in particular Google and Google Play via discreet app icon. Please protect us from…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Users stealing photos

I was talking to a guy, I asked for a photo of his body and he sent me a picture of me. Some days before I was talking to another guy and when I sent a pic he told me another user had sent him the same photo. This was not the first time it had happened. Anyway, I reported the guy's profile, took a picture of his profile and made it my own profile pic in order to warn other users. My account got terminated, while he's continues to be online. Grindr should take a look at their privacy…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Blocking people that viewed you

With a recent update of yours you are no longer able to view the most recent profile that viewed you without paying your subscription fee. My abusive ex is now tracking me through this app and im not able to block whatever profiles he creates unless he messages or taps. I dont understand how this new change is safer for our community in general.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. VERIFICAÇÃO DE IDENTIDADE E AUTENTICIDADE

Considerando os recentes atos criminosos perpetrados por perfis falsos, ocorridos em Porto Alegre/RS, conforme amplamente divulgado na mídia, já passou da hora de o Grindr criar ferramentas para confirmar a identidade do usuário e sua autenticidade.

Vejam a notícia:

https://g1.globo.com/rs/rio-grande-do-sul/noticia/2022/10/09/trauma-brutal-diz-homem-que-relatou-agressoes-apos-marcar-encontro-por-app-em-porto-alegre.ghtml?fbclid=IwAR0iD9cQpd9jsGrqTMsjqlrEHzOVdR18FsZC2Ss8SXfW3R5mNFJ7K9VLRw0

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Some types of users. I make a 6: a straight guy looking for Trans girls but not gay men. Normally I think he should have the option of not b

a passive filter that makes the user invisible (therefore not contactable) towards certain types of users, such as tribes or even physical characteristics or sexual orientations. Take for example a straight guy who is looking for trans girls and they are those. He may be bothered by receiving messages by men she has no interest in .. obviously it could also be the opposite. in short, I believe that each of us has the right to choose who can or cannot be seen and contacted.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. HIV Status

This is NOT for EVERYONE TO KNOW AND HAVE PUBLISHED on ones profile! It invades and breaks privacy issues on several levels. The only parties that need to know are those involved sexually with eachother!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Validate Emails before profiles go live. (As you have to do to use this function)

I find it really bad that Grindr still doesn't require emails to be validated before profiles actually go live and rely instead on the click on the sidewalks/hills/bikes etc.

To join this forum you have to have validated your email address via the trusted click on an email one time link you received before you can post, however, It seems that having more profiles on the site (even though many are catfish, fakes or cheating bf's) makes the app look busier than the competition possibly and draws people in and then hopefully keep the business.

There are so many fake,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unsharing an album sends a message.

People you no longer want to share your private pics with get a special message when you stop sharing. This encourages unwanted additional messages

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Being able to change your location

Being able to change your location. It would be nice if I can put in a zip code and it show me in that area.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. blocking people by contacts

I would like to block potential people on gridnr that sign up using their phone number. Like ex’s and stuff like that

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Rating Profile!

Allow to ensure the great experience with your date! Measured out of 5 stars. Ratings anonymously of both parts, bringing in a fun way the ability to meet safest and real profiles!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The fact people are blanking profiles to set people up and then repot them after barrowing thire shit or asking or takeing it while im aslee

This has gotten me beat up by my house guest and the police won't do anything about it I have stiches in my face I mean I put my pictures up for view and every one's sitting around laughing knowing I already had brain damnage key word had and I only have one lungs so while y'all have 2lung and he dose to it's all I can do to protect my self while they keep pressing everything to have a revengeful comment that he thinks exacuses him from one or any laws or repercussions while he continues to do stand…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Exact distance shouldn't be shown for people less than a km away

Ive had issues with creeps who can see I'm 20 meters away and essentially msg bomb me or comment on my appearance when I'm out. It's creepy and I think it's really unsafe to have an exact distance shown for those that are closer than a km from you. Tinder has this feature too

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Threat and asking for money ! FRIGHTENING REAL EXPERIENCE 12/9/21

I was the recent (almost) victim this past weekend of THREAT and ASKING FOR MONEY. Look, we all know that this is 98% a sex site. After a very "descriptive" conversation with a Grindr member, a dude gave me his telephone number with Area Code 657 and told me to call him. (I did NOT give him mine.) I called it and was told that the "Google Subscriber was not available." I messaged him back on Grindr and was told "I have company right now and cannot talk " THE NEXT DAY, I received a call on my cell phone…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Privacy Switch

Privacy Switch to hide anyone with in 750-1000ft of your location. Mainly to avoid near by neighbors.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Someone hacking and removing people while im messaging them

Make sure to have antihacking blockers to remove unnecessary profiles who are just hacking and catfish's

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BLANK PROFILE PIC = NO ONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO CREATE A PROFILE WITHOUT < FIRST> UPLOADING A PARTIAL BODY OR PARTIAL FACE PIC

BLANK PROFILES SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. PICS OF RANDOM MOUNTAINS, CARS, ect,. SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO EVEN CREATE AN ACCOUNT… (( PERIOD))!!!!

NO ONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO CREATE A PROFILE WITHOUT FIRST UPLOADING A PARTIAL OR FULL BODY OR PARTIAL OR FULL FACE PIC…. END OF STORY!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Let you know who blocked you

I understand that you can’t interact with someone that blocked you, but you should be able to see who has blocked you in case you have to report an account

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Prevent gang bullying

Manytimes a group of users will gang up on a victim user.. to play around, or keep him busy, or confused. It would be great if Grindr had an option to report these cases or for Grindr to help the victim by giving an alert of some sort informing him that its likely that most messages are coming from the same group of people to not fall for their trap.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. FAKE ID THROUGH FRONT CAMERA

Fake people are always present, and the biggest problem of this app.
    There’s the need of an AI system that verifies INTERNALLY the face of the person through the front camera for every photo added containing a face (this would be totally private and it would mantain privacy).
    In this way if i ask for a facepic to anyone it will be shure it’s him. If the photo added didn’t contain a face this tool would not be used, but at least i would know it’s not a fake from his sending of a face picture, that surely would correspond…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base