Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display unique user identifiers, disallow empty name

As a programmer, I find it not sensible that it's possible for this (common!) situation to exist: two or more nearby users share the same name (usually an empty name) with no profile pic, so you can't distinguish between these people unless you add a note about them or message them a unique message. Some sort of unique tag can be implemented like in discord , this should be very easy to achieve programming wise.
    Another idea to help avoid this situation with only a quick glance at user list is to disallow empty name. So the unique idebtifier can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include other options for “position”

So I’m a guy who’s really not into anal. It’s assumed that all guys look for anal on Grindr, but some of us are gay, wanna have fun, but not fuck anally. So I suggest adding some other options to the “position” list so this is clear from the beginning and we, too, can indicate what we’re into. For example “oral play” “handjobs” or “rimming” could be added.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. “Queer“ Tribe

New Tribe „Queer“ for everyone who does not identify as stereotypical heteronormative and as an addition to the trans tribe 😊

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Profile setup

Be able to setup who can view your profile. Following categories for example.
    Age. Example 25-50
    Height example 5’6-6’2
    Body type. Example Average, Muscular
    Sexual Preference. Example Top
    Location Everyone or country of choice. United Kingdom.

When setting up your profile you can set up who can see your profile. This makes the matches make more sense.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Age filter

The age filtering system needs updating. I don't want people outside of my set age range seeing my profile. For instance I set my max to 35 I don't want someone 57 seeing my pricing and messaging me. I can't help I'm only attracted to certain age range and I don't want grandpas messaging me!!!! Please update that!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Changes to profiles.

My idea is for filters and Solicitation messaging. With the messages, grindr should implement something that would prohibit Solicitation. Filters wise, a selection of filters and or more profile selection should be free once a month for free account users and if someone should choose one month members, that one month selection should have no auto renewal or at least give the option to say yes or no to auto renewal at the time of membership purchase.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tribes are too stereotypical. Perhaps in more detailed questionnaire would help people find better matches

How about having people fill out some basic questions about themselves when they sign up for their account, such as their favorite music, movies, things to do, etc. And perhaps even certain questions that might help to determine a persons moral compass so that people won’t steal when I have them over

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove or allow “viewed you”

The viewed you section has been added since I’ve been off Grindr and now getting back on I thought it was smart but then soon saw the reality of it. Essentially works as a instant tap whether the user wants to tap them or not. Now this instant tap can also lead to over tapping which as you can see in the ideas section many people despise being tapped some to the point of finding it necessary to block another user therefore these viewed you notifications hinder users that go back to profiles later on either because they are scrolling,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. neg4poz tribe

For us who are neg on PrEP and open to poz and poz-undetectable guys

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unlock Private Pics Gallery

Just like Scruff and Adam4Adam let me have Private Photo Gallery that I can unlock to individual guys then relock when I’m done sharing those pics. One step easy way to share several personal photos all at one time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. an option to change the display settings.

there should be an option to change the display settings. grindr is known for its presentation. and having grindr out in the open is a lot different than having tinder or raya open in public. but with grindr, the black and orange. there should be an option to change the colors of the format when you have the app open. like an option for light blue instead of orange. or pink or idk. there should be the option lol. also the text is really bad. just the display needs some UP FUCKING DATING(: anyways, my names john joseph azemar im…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Different units of measure for distance and body measures

In Canada (and other regions too I'm sure), we use the metric system for distances (km), but imperial system for body height and weight (feet and lbs).

It's not easy to mentally convert miles in km, kg in pounds and cm in feet/inches.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sexual orientation as a profile category

Add a space for one's sexual orientation, right next to other characteristics such as gender identity and body type. Potentially include specific subsets such as "gay, attracted to masculinity" and "gay, attracted to males". Allow users to filter profiles based on sexual orientation.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Double message toggle

I saw a “not interested” tap idea which is really smart but I think a way to toggle other people’s ability to message you multiple times without you replying. This makes it impossible to ignore people you’re not interested in without having to block or mute them. I have guys messaging me 15 times in a row without me ever responding to them because they just don’t get the hint and can’t handle rejection, and I think making them unable to message me repeatedly with no feedback would make these people less annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add "Puppy" Tribe

There are more and more puppies and we have to see them
    Same as Rubber

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Inclusiveness

I am a latino man. ALL OF MY KIND ARE LOCKED BEHIND XTRA AND I CANNOT DATE ONE. You guys separate races! What is this??!! Why can I not reconnect with my culture on grindr UNLESS I PAY 20 DOLLARS A MONTH??!?! why aren't ALL races on xtra too? This is not the last time this will be brought up. Fix this. Before its EXPLOITED. White and black people should be paid for too

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a Tribe for cross dressers

So I along with other uses like to x dress but the closest tribe to this is trans. In order for me to find guys into it I have to put Trans in my tribes but I’m not trans or into trans.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There should be a gender filter

The problem is that a lot of men think they are very smart and choose the trans tribe as though they're trans too.
    So, no matter where you go, there are tons of horny men, whick sucks.
    There should be a gender button to exclude men who think they're "entitled".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hiv+ undetectable start date

It's a good step to show since when someone has undetectable hiv+ status, at least the start year; it's a measure how responsible are with their treatment, if had enough time to adjust their life and learn, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base