How can we improve your Grindr experience?

Go offline when closing the app

When closing the app, the profile tends to remain online for a while.
People think that one is rude for not answering when in reality you are not online.

339 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ryan H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At present, the only way to log out of Grindr's service is to Force Stop the app. There is no option to Exit or Log Off. This presents a problem for a lot of people and needs to be addressed immediately ahead of other "new feature" requests.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just discovered answer to my own question.....I wanted to delete a conversation from someone I didn't care for.. It seemed at first that the only way to do that was to delete your entire collection of messages...........NOT TRUE...go to screen with messages Read messages and DO NOT click on uppper right "Clear" (you'll lose all ) instead hold your finger on the one you want to delete...takes a second, but then swipe to left and the red delete slides in from right screen ... click on that and voila' , you've deleted the only one message and not the whole cache of messages.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So the only way to go offline is remove the app altogether. Is that correct? I agree with the previous user if that is correct , yes it is rude and a nuisance.

Feedback and Knowledge Base