How can we improve your Grindr experience?

Incognito mode.

Be able to appear offline/online with a tap to certain people. Bit like the feature on MSN messenger back in the day.

1,599 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it would be a nice option. Sometimes there are people online that you don't to see or even deal at that moment with without blocking them...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Idiotic idea. Would you go into a club painted in invisible paint or want to be approached by somebody who is invisible to you? No way.

That said, if it happens there should be a strict understanding that you cannot inivisiblise yourself to those you have previously spoken to.

• Alejandro Santiago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think incognito/offline should be an option but when it is selected the user can not interact with others. If a user in incognito/offline status sends a message to or pokes someone else, they then show as online to that user and can be replied to and/or reported if needed. I live in an area with a bunch of ***** old men. I try to be nice and let them know they aren’t my type but as soon as they see I am online they begin messaging me left and right. I do block as needed and have resorted to deleting my profile and starting a new one up some time later. Having the option to not appear online to people until I want to communicate with them is a benefit to me and others who don’t know when I will be deleting my profile due to others.

• Julius Mays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not okay with this. It’s creepy and scary to me. Here are enough people afraid to even put their pics on Grindr due to discretion and people creeping would NOT help that. You never know what someone’s situation is that makes them stay discreet.

If u let users on invisible everybody will do that ,
        Nobody will meet anyone anymore
        So please better no
        Or if you do , when they msg someone to turn automatically online for everybody

• Carter Breen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let users go 'offline' (appear invisible) if they want to just browse who's online around them, but if they want to send/receive messages, they must set their profile to 'online.' Scruff has this feature and it works great.

Incognito, yes but only for a minute or set period, then you are online regardless.

I presume you to bars and clubs wearing a burka so that you can stalk who you want to without anyone seeing who you are or what you look like.

Very bad idea. Either you have everybody online showing as online or none. It causes bad blood. Nobody should have the right to do to others based upon their visible status if others cannot do the same to them.

Bad idea. Someone who appears as offline it invisible can more easily harass other people.

Feedback and Knowledge Base