How can we improve your Grindr experience?

Timed Messages - disappear seconds after read

Allow user to select a setting which sets the time frame that a message exists in both users messages. User can select from a list “sent messages are” : permanent unless deleted, timed for:
Sender can select the length of the message. Timer can begin from when message is sent, OR from when message is delivered OR from when the message is read. time remaining until message expires is known to both users

6,362 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am against this. Please do not try to make Grindr become that stupid Snapchat where people just keep collecting pictures, having a wank then disappear!

Notify users if a screenshot was taken. Also include a larger watermark on uploaded photos, so if someone is trying to upload a photo that already has the watermark, then it's an indicator it was stolen and is trying to be passed off as their own. Require a profile picture be uploaded, even if it's not a face picture.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m against this as we need such pictures to use as evidence for catfishing. And remember screenshots can still be taken with a third party app or just another phone’s camera. Useless!!

Total wast of time people can still screenshot/use a different device to take a photo of the device with the picture on before it deletes and as a few people have said sometimes you like to go back and look to decide on things and there will be a lot more blank profiles and people who don’t want to share on here always ask for your snapchat

Excellent idea -currently I don’t send **** pics for the reason that people screen shot or copy and save. Grindr could easily invoke this fix and then I would merrily send out pics of my huge hot ****.

• Muhammad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just posted a similar request, in addition to this. The sender should get an alert if there is a screenshot taken..

• Just Hanging commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a good idea. I get why people do not like it. But it keeps some control with the sender and enables images to not be on a device if a child or uninformed family member or immigration official stumbles across the app and has a look.

• Bret Blatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dumb ppl can just screenshot it anyway. I like to go back and look at pics and take time to decide sometime. Dumbest idea ever

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea would be good. And to stop people using your pics. Once they seen your pic ,it be automatically deleted

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not retract it at anytime? Same with editing and deleting already sent messages..

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tap and Hold to be seen as a way to somewhat prevent screenshots. Privacy matters!

Being able to have certain chats deleted automatically after a specific time because u no longer are talking to thst person

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base