How can we improve your Grindr experience?

Chat Translate

When I travel to foreign speaking countries, I want to be able to chat with other users so I need a way to translate their messages and so they can translate my english messages.

3,376 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminGrindr Team (Grindr Team, Grindr) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Copypaste the messages to translator, what a problem!:)) I speak 6 languages, so you gotta start learning at least something NOW!:))

• yatuman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea but as a programmer, I would understand if this feature is not added. It would be reinventing the wheel, because there are tools like GBoard that will translate quickly.

Just download Gboard keyboard as an app. It translates any language to any other language you want instantly as you type. The translations are spot on too.

Need this and it will make life easier when travelling.... also one won't have to jump between the grindr and Google translate interfaces when trying to translate each other's texts.

• Haro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature to teanslate or be able to select which extra i want to purchase at a fraction of cost of upgrade

Google translate. It can translate text and allows you to write in their dialect. It's even got a speech function for multiple languages

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you need a translation, if you don't speak the same language there's no point in having any communication at all. Hooking up for *** only is the only option one has with someone who he can't communicate to and that is just sad.

Feedback and Knowledge Base