Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delivery & read receipt reliability improvements

Fix the message delivery status and read receipt bugs. The message status should update to "Delivered" once it has been delivered, and to "Read" once it's been opened.
    The status of a sent message is supposed to change from Sent to Delivered if the recipient has the app open, but many times I’ve seen people online even hours or days later, and my message still shows as Sent, leading me to assume they haven’t got it. So I send another message, which led to one guy telling me I’m impatient. This bug, combined with Grindr often losing messages altogether, keeps…

538 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

99 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Making the "who viewed me" feature optional

Very often I don't want someone to know that I viewed his profile, or I don't want him to know how often I view his profile, so he won't feel uncomfortable or "stalked".

In addition, sometimes I view a profile by mistake and don't want to make that person think I'm interested while I'm actually not. That can spare him disappointment after messaging a person who was not interested in him in the first place, and of course vice versa (I don't want to message a person who viewed my profile by mistake).

So you can add a feature which…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Travel Plans and Travellers List

Feature to create your travel plan to a particular city in advance before you go to that city along with dates and Your plan. The users in that city can see your travel plan in their city under a separate section of travellers in their city. All travellers in your city can be seen under a different section called travellers along with their plans and dates.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include Chub and chaser as a Community

As a member of the Chub/Chaser community I find it disappointing that Grindr doesn't include Chub's and chasers as a community. Many might not realize it but there are thousands of us out there that would love to finally be noticed by Grindr, as this would make it easier for us to find a partner.
    Thank you so much,
    -Josh

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop automatic refreshing

Sometimes when I return to the thumbnail feed after viewing a profile or using another app, I see a guy that I want to message, but then the feed automatically refreshes and the guy disappears :( Sometimes, if I am lucky I can find him again after searching carefully, but most of the time he is completely lost. This has caused me SO much frustration. PLEASE end this!
    (A possible alternative to automatic refreshing would be to make a 'refresh' icon hover at the top of the feed/screen when it comes time to refresh, but allow us USERS to click…

557 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to select 2 ethnicities

Because Middle Easterners can be classified as White, Latinos can be White or Black, and those who are Mixed will be able to specify.

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Credibility rating!

Everybody should be able to vote on what they think each other's credibility or honesty rating is. Too many people on here are flakes and only on here for fantasy sexting or they set up a date just to disappoint the person. The rating would show an average of what people think of them and if they are truthful and trustworthy.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Function to switch of “who’s viewed”

As someone who suffers with very low self esteem and Body dysmorphia it would be beneficial for my mental health and others to switch off “who’s viewed you”. Mainly as I can see that 30 people (for example) have viewed my profile but no one out of 30 have messaged me. This can be quite harmful to people’s mental health and wellbeing

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Block phone screen shotting, chat backup even apon block

Block screen shoting to prevent chat sharing.
    Save chat logs even apon block.

Seem counter productive but about everyone who falls under the discreet tribe gets it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Spam - Option to block international communication

Option to block international taps/messages to cut down on spam

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Delete fake accounts

Hey grindr.

Now there are problems again with MANY MANY profiles, WHO's profile search for chat, friends ans relationsship.. All fakes. Will you do. Something with it... I guess you did something.The last time the problem was there. Thanks :)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Instagram verification

There should be a way to have to verify that you are in fact the user of the Instagram that you link your account to. Someone is using my pics (which is another major problem), but they are also linking MY Instagram to make them seem even more credible.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Saved searches

Let us store our preferred filter settings

305 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I can no longer see the distance of people. this is very bad

I can no longer see the distance of people. this is very bad. Very very bad

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Estaría genial que no se pudieran hacer capturas de pantalla en los chat ni en las fotos, tanto del chat como las del perfil

Se evitaría mandar el usuario de redes sociales que no permitan capturar la pantalla, se evitaría el robo de las fotos para su posible uso ilegal o poco ético, así como evitar el miedo de enviar fotos a posibles perfiles falsos que se dedican al coleccionismo de fotos de usuarios de Grindr y otras redes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 521 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. REMOVE the "Who viewed you" info

Or at least make it optional that if you turn it off you wont see who viewed your profile and you won't be shown in his "who viewed you".
    Sometimes you just want to check out a guy's profile without letting him know...

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Moderators are blind and don't moderate at all!

Your moderators are actually blind, stupid or completely retarded. I kept trying to post a pic of me and my partner without any sexual suggestion in pup hoods and it kept getting rejected while you approve other profiles that clearly violates the rules such as naked chests, crotch shots and sexual pictures while I post something that only promotes something cute and adorable and gets rejected because its "sexually suggestive" it is not... Ban all your current idiotic moderators and replace them with moderators who actually moderate! and FFS remove the invasive ads please! the quality of Grindr is just…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Rooms for rent & roommate search

Housing can be hard to come by for some gay men. Give users a quality way to post rooms for rent and to search for rooms and roommates.

506 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base