Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Profile Image Quality and Composition

Profile images viewed in the grid view sometimes show more of the image composition compared to when viewed larger. The grid view is representing images in a square one-to-one ratio thumbnail appearance. But, when viewing the image larger, most smartphone screens are taller than wide, and therefore images submitted as 1028p x 1028p end up getting cropped. As far as I know, you are not able to drag to reposition, change the scale/zoom, or use multi-touch gestures like pinch to zoom, etc.

It seems an app that almost relies on images; the overall implementation could be more elegant. Allow higher…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Stop showing profiles of members not in my area

When I select an area in my city, I keep receiving profiles of members who are hundreds to thousands of miles away. Stop it. Want Only profiles of members in my area

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Unable to create or login an account

User authentication failed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Last update....app workimg slow

Hi. After update this app does go very slowly, does not react buttons amd sending msg is slow or does not work. + after putting "no ads" still multiple pops up. Msy should quit and choose another app more value ofy money

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Transition betwen chat view and profile view.

Transition between chat and back to profile view takes almost 4 seconds after pressing the back button. Please reduce this delay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My messages are not sending. I’m online but they won’t send. Is there a bug in the app right now?

Messages are not sending and it looks like I am on the app. I see people but the messages won’t send. I sent them to friends I’ve already chatted with and they are not sending at all.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Distance Controls

Allow a user to be able to set distance parameter for whom they are seeing. Meaning that I only want to see users who are within a set distance from me. And likewise for users who see me so we don’t waste our time viewing people outside of our desired location radius.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix the app to stop losing all conversations!

If my phone crashes or reboots, all conversations lost! That’s bad programming, what database do you use where you don’t close the file and leave it to be corrupted like that??
    Need as a result to offer more than just auto daily backups at this point at least hourly, or close the file after writing a record (message received) or repair database file on restart or whatever to fix this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When user does not have a profile pic and everything is in a locked album, their profile is unavailable.

Can you make it where there is always at least a dummy profile picture? I don't want to start a chat with somebody that I can't see anything about. I would like to at least be able to see their profile text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Grindr crashes my iPhone

My iPhone (Pro 13 Max) seems to be crashing while using Grindr, my phone freezes and I have to hard reset it. This only happens while using Grindr. Please fix problem (5th time this week)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bug reporting

The vote count indicator and button should NOT hide any portion of the title of the feature requests / bug reporting.

Why do I need to go to a web page to report a bug? Why Isn’t it built into the app? Now I have to sign in again? And I can’t use my thumbprint to sign in, so I have to look up my password again? Are you making it difficult to report bugs and feature request on purpose? Why not make it easier? I added a screenshot through the drop or click upload files, and I don’t see…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Albums should not have a share limit imposed

I thought my album is simply an easy to send collection of photos you already had permanently sitting there for you to pick from to send anyway. So just like attaching five photos to a message I had assumed you can add this album as many times as you like. Low and behold today the app told me I have to delete some sent albums before I can send more! It simply doesn’t make sense or make things easier. Say for years now I sent 10 photos manually in two batches of five to new contacts. They are on your…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. You'll be scrolling down through your favorites maybe checking out one of them. Then the app pushes you back up to the top. Waste of time

The user/subscriber should have more control over the app and not have to lose their place when they are scrolling a page whether it be their favorites, nearby, or fresh.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Profile BUG! I: have a partially-filled profile. When I try to add more text and then hit "Save" or "done", my new revision is NOT saved!!

Profile BUG! I: have a partially-filled profile. When I try to add more text and then hit "Save" or "done", my new revision is NOT saved!!

Please contact me at PBarone714@gmail.com

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Rubbish since album update

App was working fine up until the latest update for albums. Now it's not loading user pictures in grid view, you have to go into the person's profile to see if they have a pic, which is a tad tiresome

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cant message

New account and can't message anyone goes red and says in sent

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. bots seem to be tied to grindr platform

it appears that the bots that give gifs of sites...or bots that text a random site..or the regular one that says try this site....i report them on a daily basis as i bet you all do too...seems the bots are part of the grindr ad program...no reporting or blocking stops them..thus they are tied to the grindr income stream if some gullible user clicks or types it in....when you google the whois..they are really close to grindr...lol...so bots and heterosexual ads are part of the grindr income stream....as the owners are straight.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base