Skip to content

Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

971 results found

1. Allow users to opt out of being messaged by "recently joined" profiles unless a user initiated contact first

As Grindr allows users to have multiple profiles and unlimited or Xtra features transfer after a very short wait when switching profiles, the ability for abusive exes or stalkers to continue to pursue their victims by repeatedly creating new profiles to harass, bully, or threaten them renders the app unpleasant and at times unusable. Allowing individuals to opt out of being messaged by these profiles is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY as a free feature in the app to protect users. Or, better yet, since Grindr is capable of device banning individuals, why not allow users to opt out of being messaged or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I boton to tell poeple you and your partner only play together

To tell people you don't play with out your partner

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Banning abusive narcissists and stalkers maybe?

At a loss for words. My best friend was abused by a narcissist for over a year. He confronted his abuser and the narcissist retaliated by filing a temporary restraining order against my best friend over total lies. My best friend has been receiving texts from unknown numbers. He’s been threatened but then received photos of the parking lot where he works and of the street he lives on. Stalking 101 right? The texts referenced the narcissist by name and The narcissist had just popped up again after laying low for about two months. It’s not a coincidence. The narcissist…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. FAKE ID THROUGH FRONT CAMERA

Fake people are always present, and the biggest problem of this app.
    There’s the need of an AI system that verifies INTERNALLY the face of the person through the front camera for every photo added containing a face (this would be totally private and it would mantain privacy).
    In this way if i ask for a facepic to anyone it will be shure it’s him. If the photo added didn’t contain a face this tool would not be used, but at least i would know it’s not a fake from his sending of a face picture, that surely would correspond…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Discreet App Notification Sounds.

Have discreet app notification sounds for when you want notifications on. Similar to the discreet app icons. The Grindr notification sound has become a staple sound so it would be good to have options.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. People asking for nudes and the chats gets nowhwre.

People shouldn't be asked for nudes just for it to reach somewhere else for sale and that is a risk of privacy and safety.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Block phone or computer IP address

The block button should block that persons phone/computer instead of just that login. That way they can’t just create a new account and keep messaging you. I met this guy on here and things just didn’t work but he is psychologically obsessed and creates new profiles daily and uses fake pics the reason I know is because I will tap explorer and move to the area he lives and boom there is the profile he just messaged me from right at his house. It’s getting kinda scary actually. It’s been 6 months and he doesn’t give up!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Verification

Grindr to introduce a verification badge. Much like other social media networks that have verified a users identity. This would help with identity fraud and also other people using your photos.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hide/remove/unshare album shared with you

Oftentimes I receive albums that I do not wish to see. It would be nice to be able to remove those from view or “unshare” the album on their behalf. Maybe can include a little notification in the chat for the other user that said “X stopped viewing your album” that would be fine

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Unban people

A lot of people are banned unfair.
    Grindr support is not fair. They don't took time to investigate what happened. If you send: when I will be unbanned. They always answer the same: sorry to hear, we know banned can be really upset, unfortunality we can't give any info about your ban for privacy reasons. This decision is final the case is closed.

My idea will be too unban me!!!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to see someone's front page only for a period of time after blocking (for safety if you've given out your address or no./workplace

For a second time I've given a guy my address late at night to get a block.... great. Is he wasting my time? Is he still coming and this is a kink, or is he planning to rob me of my possessions. Wouldn't it be handy to not engage with a blocked profile but see if they're getting closer in the immediate aftermath, and maybe have one live button to report them for having attained personal or security relevant information and immediately ceased contact.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. show the registered date to prevent the user from having a fake account or a con artist

there are too many fake accounts from con artists. that wastes people's time and makes people take risks. showing the registered date of the user could let people know who is more likely to be real. thank you very much!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Verifying every user when they first sign up- too many profiles with NO pictures!

For verification purposes. Like tinder and MOST other dating/hookup apps have some sort of photo verification system to prove that it’s actually who you say you are. I am SO SICK OF ALL THESE USERS ON GRINDR WITH NO PHOTOS! in my opinion, I think it should be a requirement that if you want to be on Grindr then you need to have a clear, visible unaltered face picture of what you look like, so other members can see who all is in the room AND it’s especially annoying when those exact people with no pictures on their profile go…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change notificationSound Please!

Please allow user to change notification sound if desired, because it is so peculiar and sometimes i want to recibe notifications but i don’t want everyone identifies grindr sound!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notification sounds

Separate in-app sounds from notification sounds. With Android you can use system settings to change the notification sound, but then the memorable 'click' is always on when a message is sent. The latter should have the option to be switched off.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. HPV Vaccine Status

Add HPV vaccine (eg., Gardasil) as an option under “Vaccinated for” in user profiles along with Mpox, Covid, and Meningitis. May consider adding Hepatitis A and B vaccines too (eg., Twinrix).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to be invisible to other people in certain geographic areas like work or home for privacy.

This would allow you to not be seen by people near your home (neighbors) or coworkers. But even more importantly, for people like me who work in education, we wouldn’t have to worry about our students finding us if we forget to swipe the app closed before heading to work or something. Our students wouldn’t be able to find us by opening the app with a fake account they’ve created (not that hard to fake their age) and all the sudden there we are connected in a very inappropriate way because of our close proximity in that moment. I’m sure…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove access to older versions of the app which are easily hacked and can be used to view all photos in albums without being granted access

Apparently older versions of this are modified to an extent that creates very real privacy issues because it allows the user to video call any user without being notified on the other end. Allowing them to access the camera of any chosen user. If you guys need guidance on which exact versions are being exploited just email me and I'll get that info for you guys!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. people with pics of my profile in there phone

i think that we should be able to be notified when someone tries to screenshot our profile or screenshots anything pertaining our profile

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. AGE VERIFICATION

It's no secret that there are unfortunately a lot of underage teens who easily access this app and either lie about being 18 or admit it and people still don't care. Age verification using a drivers license, ID, or passport is very important so that people can be sure that they aren't being tricked and so that minors can be protected and not be able to easily access the app. Also so that older people do not lie about being younger. Transparency is very important especially in an app with such an intimate aspect to it. I hope this gets…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base