Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Grindr behind the times with not utilising Apple’s face recognition software instead relying on pin access code

Is there any chance Grindr will be looking at purchasing a licence from Apple for the use of their face recognition security feature to replace the current PIN code access? I hold my cyber security and privacy extremely high regard. Allowing this feature would further reduce potential unlawful activities by persons accessing someone’s grindr account. It would greatly improve confidence in the product in terms of doing al we can to protect individuals privacy. If free apps can utilise this security feature I’m sure a company like Grindr can easily do it. Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat - Meet - Photo Verify

Recently have noticed that a fair amount of users I have met up with are using extremely old photos that are dishonest about what they look like or completely cat fishing by using photos that aren’t them. There should be a way for two users to link their profiles if they decide to meet (who someone links up with stays private from public) so that after the meet up is done they can go in and answer a simple yes or no question . “Did user X appear or look relevant to profile pictures posted”. If they are given a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Should be allowed to warn other users about somebody esspically if they robbed me of my car

Well I was robbed by somebody I meet threw Grindr and so on my account. I got banned for posting pictures of this guy and telling people to be careful cause I wouldn't want it to happen to anybody else this man stole my car and THOUSANDS OF dollars worth of stuff in my car so I don't think it's fair that I got banned when I'm looking out and telling people to be cautious and to not trust the scum bag so I think it's only fair

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please give indication where someone is exploring from

When someone is messaging you and they’re using the Explore feature, please give an indication of how far away or their general location (not exact) - this should ultimately help weed out spammers and scammers out of the system.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. COVID-19 vaccine question

Good Morning

You should add a question to the profile that’s the answer is shown to all, have you received your 1st or 2nd or on waiting list for Covid vaccine

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have the option to not show as having viewed a profile.

It should be people's right to privacy and safety to have the option not to show to other lads as having viewed their profile. It's not about clicking on a profile only to realise its someone you wish you'd not clicked on like a work colleague, someone you're not interested in, a fiend etc. Perhaps a Whatsapp-like feature - if you choose to not show as having viewed then you can't see who viewed you?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Identifying fake people and false statements about pwople

I think we should have a means where we could identify if someone is for real or not ....if the account is very real the we tick verified ...
    Also take not of those people that do say false things about others just to get them off because they are not comfortable with the person

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fake profiles and impersonating. Have a way for users to verify themselves.

Have a way for users to verify themselves. Tinder bumble and hinge are all able to do this. It’s as simple as asking the user to take a picture of themselves holding up a hand gesture that matches the given prompt.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. COVID-19 test date and results under profile

Put a section under your profile if u have been recently tested for COVID-19 to let others know we’re you stand in the matter

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need a category for COVID vaccination

Need a category for COVID vaccination, like you do with HIV testing.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. End-User privacy protection

You guys have been having a LOT of bots and fake profiles created lately. A LOT of guys also are just trying to grab pics to use later on OR grab addresses and phone numbers.

Problem is that once it's sent... it's sent! If you realize their plan after OR if you give them your address to meet up or your number to call and they ghost... there's no getting it back.

So I am asking for two feature requests. The coding required for it is public share based now and has been around for almost a decade for both…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make pictures you send on the app unavailable outside the app

Make the pictures that we send and post of the app unavailable to send outside the app our privacy is in danger here. Scammers are using the pictures and videos to blackmail us outside the app please help protect so we can better use the app and feel safe and comfortable as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Does Grindr Listen?

Why does Grindr take so long to listen to customers’ concerns or ideas? Some “Completed” have taken YEARS.

1. Profile Verification to weed out bots
    2. Lower Prices
    3. Unlimited expiring photos for everyone (screen shot blocking and notification)

There are many more great ideas posted by REAL and concerned users. Please help us enjoy a better environment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Couple profile

My husband and I use the same profile to find interested guys. But the conversations he starts I cannot see in my cell and vice-versa… also, desde ding of the time each one of us is logged it happens that some replies come to me and I do not even know what was asked! Please, show the complete conversation in the different mobiles!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3rd party for sharing face pictures

I’m living in area where most of guys are not serious, some after sharing face pic he block you before you know his identity
    I’m thinking about a 3rd party to share face pic in the same time for both guys who chatting
    Looking for a fair way while sharing face pics
    It needs to be strict and ensure everyone is sharing his own face pic, I think you know how

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. NSFW warning banner for sending pictures

I like the “accepts NSFW pics” field in profiles, but a lot of people don’t read through profiles before sending messages and send them anyway. When someone tries to send pictures to a profile that they’ve never messaged before/haven’t messaged recently, and their NSFW preference is set to “not at first” or “never”, there should be a warning banner that appears within the photo selection tool to alert them. Hopefully this will stop unwanted NSFW pictures.

e.g. “This person doesn’t want to receive NSFW pics, keep it above the belt!”, “Wait until this person gives you the go-ahead to send…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 9318415430

Delhi Devli my location

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Subtle chat/browsing mode

I would love it if Grindr had a plain looking UI option. I know other apps have a dark mode but what if grindr could have a light mode without the obvious dark background and orange and blue chat bubbles? I would love to be able to use Grindr more discreetly in public. Make it happen!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Screenshot inhibiter

So I was wondering since there are so many scammers out there on your app abusing and hurting ppl like me, could you make it impossible to screenshot images. Some apps like the CBS sports app make the screen white if there is a screenshot. This would make it a little harder and would mean a lot less people get hurt.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Face Pic Visibility Feature

It would be great if profiles with face pics were not visible to profiles without face pics. Along with that, accounts should be verified to prevent users from using fake face pics. People should still be allowed to use the app without a face pic, but only interact with others who don’t show their faces.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base