Skip to content

Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1008 results found

1. Blocks are broken

Block feature not working, people I block are still there fix it's a matter of safety

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Permanent profile name

All profile names should be permanent and every one should have different profile original name that cannot be changed. This would eliminate multiple and fake profiles of people changing name all the time. This would also help with a verification of profiles. Everyone would need to submit their profile name to data base to make sure it doesn’t exist then it can be approved by grinder

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make grindrs user verified since in Mexico thiefs drug and kill grindr users

Im Mexico Grindr users have been robbed in the better cases , the worst many habe died by fake profiles or deleted accounts. Its time Grindr takes this in account, cases are arising check todays news in one of the moste serious newspaper web:

https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/metropoli/joven-concreta-cita-en-grindr-durante-encuentro-lo-secuestran-y-le-vacian-sus-tarjetas?fbclid=IwAR11aNNjbzFn5CQNIzcWNtMyVccOQkBjB0KU_BuSiPBT704uzTVsn8A306w

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatic spam flagger

Automatically scan each chat message for words like gift, steam, card, cash, etc ....
    If a word is detected, whoever sent it has their profile secretly flagged. Then, somebody at Grindr can block accordingly or whatever they need to do.
    If you want to pretend you care about privacy, you can have a pop-up come up saying we think you received chat message from a scammer, may we have access to the chat you had with them.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Present a stern warning to underage users for profiles claiming age 18 (or < 21)

If there’s not going to be any real verification, Underage users need to be informed of the serious risks to their own safety, and the potential to destroy lives of the adults they contact. Advise them that their parent/guardian will be notified and held liable for their behavior. AND that repeat offenders can be charged as adults for endangering the lives of those they contact. sometimes minors may reach out because they have suicidal thoughts or their lives are in danger. Remind them to seek help from parents, counselors, teachers, relatives, neighbors, or call 911.
    There are many legal and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Papilloma

Hello,

There is a big back of PAPILLOMA VIRUS in Paris.

It could be interesting to add the vaccin in the list (after monkeypox for exemple).

Thanks 😊

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better users cybercrime protection

I have an issue with cybercrime and some people who are allowing to themselfs to get into my profile and overtake control. I have new messages I have never sent, some I had sent just got disappeared, my photos are being erased and so on. What is the purpose of those kind of attacks is hard for me to guess but I can’t say I’m expecting less then see that in near future, unfortunately.
    Is there any insurance Grinder offers against cybercrime?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Restrict who can see me by age filter

Make it so we can restrict who is able to view our profiles based on an age filter. E.g making it so no one under 25 can view my profile.

This would be great for professionals who may work with people who use the app *e.g people who work with queer youth, teachers, counsellors (me) etc.
    it would be great to make it so my clients can’t see me/cross boundaries etc

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Speak Up rooms

Please make such safe spaces in the app where individuals experiencing bullying at school, college or other educational or workplace can share being anonymous. Every individual needs someone to vent out their concerns. I live in india where LGBTQ isn't much appreciated, i have seen news of young students committing suicide for getting bullied on basis of their sexual orientation. If such spaces exist then people getting bullied can share their concerns and people like me who are willing to help and can help such people. Add a chatrooms option only meant for helpline or safety of people belonging to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make it so people can screenshot conversations and pictures

Make it so ppl can screenshot conversations and pictures, make it so ppl can turn on an option that no one can take their conversation any where but the app. And/or have disappearing messages. Because ppl like to out others to be petty and it's not cool.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Wanna feel safe here on grindr, am from Egypt so nowe all get a very hard time with our own gender identity

Egypt nowadays doesn’t even safe for us am really confused and can’t even get ma own space on my Grindr account

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Gay

Hook ups are not working

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Report Cyberflashing

There should be an option to report Cyberflashing (sending nude photos without consent). The "Accept NSFW Pics" category is set to "Not At First" on my profile, but people don't always respect this. An option should be available to those people who don't respect this.

As a preventative option, how about at least show a warning within the app before sending a photo, depending on what option people have selected for "Accept NSFW Pics"?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expiring albums

It should be possible when I share an album, that I can define how long it will be available to one person. Or that it was defined as a default that the album would be available for a certain period of time. That way it wouldn't be necessary to keep revoking albums access, when you've reached the sharing limit.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why i got banned

Since, I'm not rude or I didn't abuse/harass anyone unless, they taunt me, I'm good for good and bad for bad, If I taunted someone, that means they either blackmailed ne or harassed me at first so I did what shoul md I've to do. Idk, with whom I did. But it is pointless to getting banned, since those type of convo are old like ages, now me having a peaceful community and chatting with people, what wrong with these people. Without giving any notification about this straightly banning me, without a reason, it's insane! I want to know the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. trans shouldn't be categorized as a "tribe" nor even be in searching filters

remove trans from tribes and filters, trans people are not a "tribe", this hugely contribute to objectification and puts people in danger.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Security parameters and spambots

In order to share credentials with another member this app should require a fingerprint enabling for verification alongside two step authentication to prevent scams and malware type things. This is a overseer idea because it's good image for wishing to protect people who use it and also helps protect people from ill-advisedly/negativly affecting thereself

digisafe

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Se muestre desde qué fecha es usuario de la aplicación

Hay personas que crean continuamente usuarios nuevos, da mas confianza saber que tanto tiempo tiene la persona en Grindr

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need an option to mark profiles we are not interested in. Not block or report.

Able to mark a profile with a red X where the gold star would normally go. That way even if they change up the name and picture the red X would still be there. There are folks on here that don't neccessarily need to be blocked or reported but we just arent interested in. The block feature only makes them mad making you a target if they are not well adjusted in the head.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base