Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. stop alerting users of viewed profile

There’s unnecessary anxiety when someone just wants to read a message and disregard it but the sender is alerted that their profile has been viewed by the reader, when it has not. Harassment ensues for ‘ignoring’ the sender because men are fragile.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deletion Of Messages In Inbox When Person Blocks Is Both A Criminal's Charter And Illegal

When I am messaging with someone they often prove to be dodgy and the more I talk the more I garner proof. Those up to no good reach a point where they may be as good as exposed and have said too much so they block you. Upon doing so all their chat with you disappears along with all evidence and their identity.

This is 100% wrong and makes Grindr a less safe place, disempowers users to make it safer and also happens to be illegal because messages in one's inbox are the property of the receiver in law just…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Blur ALL Screenshots for ALL users!

Blur ALL screenshots for all users!
    Sending expiring photo’s are great, if you’re paying for it?
    What I don’t understand is why grindr is putting their users at risk by not blurring ANY screenshots on the app.
    Us users put a lot of trust in the app and to feel safe we need to pay? Wow, literally putting a price on people’s safety.
    It doesn’t not matter if your a paying member of a free member, nothing should be allowed to be screenshot (pics/conversations).

Do better Grindr. DO BETTER.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pictures and media

So a friend of mine is also a Grindr user and he and another Grindr user agreed on meeting up with one another, during their time together the Grindr user (not my friend) stole all the items out of his wallet and replaced the wallet so it initially isn’t noticed someone took all of the contents then said goodbye and left then immediately after he deleted his profile (which clears all of the data from both you and the other sender/recipient) so after discovering he had been robbed my friend was unable to report the thief through the app, or…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add notes to individuals you blocked

When blocking individuals, we should be able to add a note as to why we blocked them for our personal use. This would be useful when blocking individuals who do not have pictures or usernames, or who have removed them. I have blocked people before and now I see a blank profile on my list an I can't remember why I blocked them. I generally do not unblock people once I've blocked them, but it would be nice to remember why they were blocked in the first place in case I decide to clear out my blocked list to make…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make tags hidden

Tags are fun but I don't want everyone to know what kinky stuff I'm into because it might deter them from speaking with me. If we have the option of hiding our tags from being visible to other, it would allow for us to show up in searches for our tags without them being visible to everyone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Face ID for iPhone users

For those who use an iPhone , Face ID should be an option available for the users who have the pin to unlock feature enabled . Who make my logging in experience so much quicker and easier ! Please consider it 🙏🏽 It’s the only app that I have to actually type in my password .

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. UNLIMITED BLOCKING

Give all users, premium or not, unlimited blocking. Sometime someone is harassing you and there nothing you can do because you ran out of free blocking. That most of time results in the members deleting his account. I know they can report but until you guys review it one already had to go to a lot of harassment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Verification extremely necessary

Way too many fake profiles. There needs to be a verification process as it helps a lot in making members feel safe chatting with and/or meeting people through the platform.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. disable accept chats from anyone

the amount of gross pictures and comments i get from people i never had any prior interaction with us absurd. i would like it if there was an option so that they could only message me if i tap them back. it would avoid many unwanted dick pics. doesn’t have to be universal, just an option for less spam

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Free Incognito

Can you please make the incognito app a free feature?!?!. I had an individual who I was not interested in know my location and I saw he was only 500 feet away from me as I was walking home alone. I would appreciate that this feature be free to ensure my safety and others at any given time should we choose to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Avoiding a setup to rob you

I met with a guy on Grindr and he spent the night.
    When I woke up I found he stole my truck.
    There should be a way to warn all users of people that do this sort of thing so others can avoid being a victim.
    It should be mandatory for ALL dating apps to have a system in place so people can know to avoid that person who is on here to find potential victims.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get rid of the creepy "viewed you" feature

The "viewed you" feature really detracts from the user experience, especially in its latest version. It takes all privacy away from browsing. You should give users the ability to opt out of it or at least make it less intrusive. Seems like you work tirelessly to male this app incrementally less pleasant to use.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. fack gps

Please allow Fake GPS/Mock Location for safety and security purposes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Second account on same device

Need easy ability to have 2 accounts share one device

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Covid 19 vaccination status

Stat - Covid 19 vaccinated. Yes or No. simple. Discussion can be had from there regarding all the details if required.

Squirt.org has it, get with the times Grindr. Unless you are showing your stance regarding the vaccine.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Upload a picture and check if fake profiles are using my pictures

You could be able to verify if someone is using your picture. You could upload a picture, check if someone os using and start a dispute.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. identity verification

Hello, I certify that in Grindr there should be an identity verification with the typical seal of authenticity and also that each profile can vote for another profile saying if they know that person in person

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Misusing another users' photos

Some are stealing photos of genuine users from social media like Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter and misusing them as profile picture in Grindr. In addition to this, they blackmail the genuine users that rob money to remove the picture. Grindr team should immediately ban the misusing user, once they are reported by the genuine innocent users.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can you PLEASE do something about the spam messages? Very annoying. I get the same message day after day even after reporting spam.

PLease find a better way to filter spam. Any time a user sends their first message and it is nothing but an URL, it should not be controversial to block these messages. Especially if it s the same url for spam that has been reported before.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base