Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screenshot protection

No Screenshots for 10-second photos, please.

The whole point of having a 10-second photo is so others can be discreet and safe about what they send to one another. If someone screenshots it, the whole idea of discreet safety flies out the window.

If you prohibit screenshots from 10-second photos it will create a more safe and honest environment for the LGBTQA+ community. Especially for those who are trying to be discreet and/or closeted due to pressuring and strict family/ religious status.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keeping DL, but safer to others

Keeping validation and verification between Grindr and user to keep DL but also giving to others who are not DL or have interest on DL guys the pace that their are not played for fake profiles. That way the platform still giving to DL users keep finding what they looking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Block development interference

Able to communicate freely with other members

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Message warning

Perhaps when there is a report of someone doing something wrong on the app that a warning email be sent of some sort to contact the user. It’s very frustrating. I feel like I am being banned because of my public figure in my local area and it’s discouraging to use this app. I pay for it and now I used half a month and have to pay in full when I never finished or got warning of any issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Catfish Probability

Give Grindr users a Catfish thumbs up or thumbs down emoji on every Grindr user's profile. As people interact, share pics, meet up, etc we can either vote a profile as Catfish or not. I'm so sick of realizing too late the person I've invested my time in has really let themselves go or aged a decade. It's a way we could look out for each other. Grindr could then take an algorithm of all the votes and post a probability of this user being a Catfish without compromising how frequently they meet people that they have shared pics with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Only allow guys in my filter options to see my profile

I don’t want faceless profiles without stats to see me online.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Blocking features

Blocking should only be allowed once a day per grindr profile since the conversation gets erased and the perpetrators could get away with crime.

It also limits troll accounts, which are abundant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display warning message when phone is inputed or don't allow phone numbers to be sent.

I'm being sextorted. I gave my phone out to chat person who wanted to text "off line". Whoever received my phone, dumped it, pulled all my contacts, copied our Grnder conversation and photo's and is now threatening to distribute to all my contacts unless I pay money.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to provide VAGUE location instead of accurate

A third location mode to provide users viewing my profile within less than a kilometer the ability to show something vague like "<= 1km" so the ability to track my exact location by exploring nearby locations until getting nearer and nearer can be eliminated. This is a huge loop-hole in privacy which can be abused and it should be the new default mode!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Protection and advocacy for discreet ppl

Grindr is the reverse of the real world. Gay is the norm; straight people are minorities. I identify as str8 but enjoy time with men. I have a right to belong to this app like everyone. Countless others are like me. Many of us are ‘discreet’ and for good reason. Personal reasons - it’s no one else’s business. We need to feel safe and protected and it’s our choice not to show our face. We don’t display a pic deliberately, for our own sake. I am constantly aggressively attacked by men who dislike that I choose to be discreet. I’m…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the “people who viewed you” feature optional

The feature where the app tells you who has viewed you as recently added. I don’t want to see who has been looking at my profile if they don’t talk to me, and I’d like to be able to turn the function off.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Foto de perfil

I've tried to change my profile pic and it's been denied I don't know why cis it's not offensive nor nudes nor anything out of the rules and then I saw another profile where the profile pic is an actual arse of the profile owner. Why this discrimination???
    I send u the pic I want to upload as profile pic and the other profile with the arse pic.
    I do not accept this kind of discrimination.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Foto de perfil

I've tried to change my profile pic and it's been denied I don't know why cis it's not offensive nor nudes nor anything out of the rules and then I saw another profile where the profile pic is an actual arse of the profile owner. Why this discrimination???
    I send u the pic I want to upload as profile pic and the other profile with the arse pic.
    I do not accept this kind of discrimination.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Verified Users should be able to have nudity in their rofile

Back in the days if Craigslist, nudes were readily available on someone's post. Since that ended (good job Puritans), services like this one have stepped in, but not entirely. An age verification service would be nice to use to allow more adult pictures on profiles, thus weeding out potential youngsters. Its use would also fall more in line with your hefty monthly fees.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Good day. I would like to ask if you could also set a Face ID to secure the application?

Good day. I would like to ask if you could also set a Face ID to secure the application?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Avoid showing Grindr subscription under Subscriptions list in iPhone settings

For privacy reasons, it’s better to have the option or not have the Grindr subscriptions show up under the Subscriptions list in the settings of the iPhone. There is currently an option to hide purchases, but no option to hide subscriptions. Even better if the subscription does not show up at all on that list and is managed directly within the Grindr app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Block

No possibility to report abuse once other member blocks you. There should be a possibility to report this person to prevent future abuse

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. That incognito isn’t free.

I feel like a lot of the mental health issues this app tends to create could be avoided if users of the service could freely step on and off of the grid, and not be “seen”/considered in public constantly.
    Grindr could show the number of active users in a given radius, while just not showing profiles, of transparency is an issue.
    Because otherwise I’m just deleting, redownloading, and loosing all my conversations, which I’m sure lots of Grindr users do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base