Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Profile Reciprocity - users should only get to see and filter by the profile fields they've included in their own profile

Unless located in a country with anti-gay legislation, members with unspecified fields on their profile should not get to see or filter by those fields on other profiles. This would encourage members to fully complete their profile, in a way that supports their privacy and discretion without a mandate. It would also inspire a much-needed culture of fair play and non-discrimination on the app.
    Something like this needs to be done to help put an end to incomplete and blank profiles. With more detailed profiles available in the community, members would enjoy easier browsing, more effective filtering, and overall better…

1,018 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Badge on profiles indicating how many active users have that profile favorited

Display an indicator on profiles that denotes how many active users (online within the past week) have that profile favorited. You can call them followers ☺

760 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include "side" as a position

Many gay men don't fit into the top/bottom/vers spectrum because they don't happen to enjoy *********** at all. Therefore I suggest the term "side" is added, so that those people can actually have an option that applies to their actual preference.

Muchos hombres homosexuales no se identifican como activos/pasivos/versátiles porque no disfrutan de la penetración. Es por eso que propongo que agreguen el término "side" entre las opciones de selección de preferencia ******, de modo que estas personas cuenten con una opción que aplique a su rol verdadero.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why would you get rid of the ethnicity filter? So people aren’t allowed to have an ethnic preference now?

Why did you get rid of the ethnicity filter? Are we not allowed to have an ethnic preference now?

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back Ethnicity options

Bring back ethnicity options
    We all have preferences it doesn't make us racist. I'm a Hispanic American and would love to have this feature back

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ethnicity

The removal of the ethnic filter has only reinforced outright harmful comments towards other races. People should be able to filter to their preferences!

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Verify users

This would be to verify a user by one of a few means either they have to send their photo to you with their name on it or instead of utilizing emails as a verification use their mobile numbers similar to whatsap this will stop or minimize the amount of fake profiles as lately grindr has a huge number of pfs that are fake and guys just open a new one with another fake email address

16,354 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

484 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ethnicity search

Bring back ethnicity search please. I’ve already canceled my membership. This is not about racism, it’s cowardly. You take off ethnicity search but still perpetuate ageism, sexism, bareback , for hire, no fats, and whatever other “no” people put in their profile.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ethnicity Filter

I have read Grinders comments about removing the 'ethnicity' in solidarity with the black lives matter campaign. I think this is a terrible idea. Ethnicity does not equate to racism. Far from encouraging freedom of choice, it actually limits freedom of choice and would also serve to isolate many people and groups. You cannot and should not be able to prescribe physical preferences or force people to conform to your ideas. People (black, white, asian, old, young, transgender or bi) are entitled to choose who they interact with. This is a fundamental freedom in any free society.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. تطوير زر تقارير الابلاغ بضغطة زر واحدة

يغلق الحساب فورا عند ارسال تقرير الابلا عن منتحلين الشخصيات والقاصرين و الحسابات المؤذية . عند الضغط على ابلغ عن وإرسال سبب الإبلاغ يغلق الحساب المسيئ فورا بنفس الوقت كما كان في الاصدارات السابقة القديمة ب 2017 و 2018

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Subscription Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don’t remove ethnicity filter. It will create more problems.

Hello,

I recently read an article that you were going to remove listing and filtering ethnicities.

I support anti-racism movements, but an individual on a dating application has personal choice of what they are attracted to on a number of levels - levels which are independent of racism and are not controllable, but inherent. If you remove ethnicity, can you not make the case to remove height, age and any other description that someone can filter you out by? Under your proposal of removing ethnicity, you have to remove every filter that could eliminate someone being judged by their physical…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. الغاء تسجيل الدخول عن طريق الفيسبوك والبريد الالكتروني واعادة تقارير الابلاغ فعالة مما كانت في السابق

إلغاء تسجيل الدخول عن طريق الفيسبوك والبريد الإلكتروني ، إرجاع سياسة البرنامج كما كانت في السابق وإعادة تفعيل تقارير الإبلاغ بقوة بضغطة زر واحدة ينغلق وينحظر الحسابات المؤذية التي تنتهك لشروط البرنامج

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Incentivize members to fill out their entire profile

Give members incentives for completing each field on their profile. One option is to reward members with 10% more guys on their cascade per field completed. (First-time users who have not yet created a profile, for example, will unlock more and more profiles on their local grid the more they fill in their profile. Once all fields have been specified, all locked profiles on their cascade will be unlocked.) This is a standard feature enacted by numerous online social and dating services. Having mechanisms in place that encourage members to fill out their full profile will help put an end…

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BRING BACK RACE FILTER OR MAKE FEED UNLIMITED

I’m a paid member. Bring back the race filter or mandate clear headshots for every profile.

Using the race filter is just like using the age filter. It gives more variety of men in my area.

I live in an area that is heavily saturated with one or two races. I would like the option to browse other races on my limited feed.

It’s hard enough to browse through profiles who don’t have complete profiles or any profile.

If you want to remove a filter, remove something like height, weight or body type. This is information we can get through…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. فصل الحسابات المرتبطة بشبكة واحدة عن بعضها وفصل الحسابات المرتبطة بجهاز واحدة عن بعضها فعند غلق حساب معين لا ينغلق الحساب الآخر المرتبط بنفس

Separate accounts connected to one network from each other and separate accounts linked to one device from each other. When closing a specific account, the other account linked to the same device does not close.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Why did you remove the ETHNICITY

I'm not being Racist i respect everyone but what about our own opinion for example we only prefer for dating asian guys or only white guys or only black guys ???
    Not for being rude but i paid for Grindr extra just because for the Ethnicity filter !!!!!!!!

It's not fair at all !!!!
    Are we not allowed now to have our own type or preference !?!?!?!?!??!?
    This is not fair at all this will not solve anything

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ethnicity

I understand why you’ve removed the ethnicity filter, but I think it’s short sighted. I love black guys and often search for them on Grindr- this is suddenly gone. Racism shouldn’t be confused with preference of what you’re attracted to. Getting rid of this filter should mean you get rid of age filters or body type filters. Who you’re attracted to and your intrinsic beliefs are very different things

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ethnicity (Pacific Islander)

Pacific islanders are a distinct group with features that don't fit under your current ethnicity categories. You should add this ethnicity both for islanders to feel represented in this app and for their admirers to be able to utilise the search filters.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ethnicity Tab

Dear Grindr!

I will no longer be using your platform due how you gotten rid of the Ethnicity tabs based upon the high volume of White/Caucasian men who were the ones complaining about how it was "racist" or in fact are mainly the racist ones! Speak to those who are actually of other ethnic/cultural backgrounds or how you have been used to BAME! Someone who like me who is of South Asian heritage whose community, culture, and ethnicity ranges of multiply countries used that tab to meet, connect, engage, find, date, talk too, and create a sense of community groups…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 140 141
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base