Skip to content

Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

971 results found

1. Eyes and vision Safety. Readability

One should be able to change font size in the chat or at least change colors of the blue and orange bubble boxes or or any alternative solution. And the Arabic font is so thin…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Safe and secret

Unfortunately, the latest update of the app for not use it in second space is very annoying and affects my security and privacy.
    I love to be in safety and secret
    I hope you will reconsider this update

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Gear needs to be taken off as a tag

I honestly think the gear tag needs to be taken off. It’s really horrible to see it’s being promoted, in so many aspects. I hope Grindr can see how degrading it is to promote drugs in general. Never should have been allowed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Blocked user should stay blocked until I decide to give them free again!

There is a reason if I block users. So why get users unblocked again? Sometimes I am going to block them twice or three times a day. That's not comfortable. The next point is that the Userlist refresh every time when you visit a profile. So you have to scroll down the userlist again and again and again. This takes a lot of time and it's also a point for uncomfortably use of this app.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. guest profiles

since some people don't feel comfortable keeping the app on there phone. I think gues profiles should be introduced to the app. have them be listed as guests and to make sure other users that have complete profiles are aware to make extra precautions when if they make plans with a guest. have the profiles be even more limited maybe, but not limited enough to make someone feel as if is a must to just keep making multiple profiles every time they have to delete the app.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop force opening links

Stop force opening links in Grindr. It is not only unwanted, but potentially dangerous and against basic cyber hygiene. Thank you!
    Attached is one example of a force opened junk link. Not only is it annoying and potentially dangerous, but it is completely unrelated to any personal interests, and therefore does not add in any way to the User Experience.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Disappearing location

It would be great to be able to set an experation on my location that I send. I know that won't stop people from screenshotting or copying it down but it would be nice to not have it sitting in a chat forever

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fui banido injustamente

Uma pessoa me denunciou injustamente, imagino que ela tenha feito isso por causa do que falei, no caso foi que eu não estava interessado nela. E por algum motivo o Grindr efetivou essa denúncia.
    Mas Imagino que eu saiba o por quê. Acho que isto aconteceu pelo fato de que eu e meu irmão usamos está conta. Eu tenho 18 e ele 16, mas não conversávamos com os mesmos caras. Sei que não deveria ter emprestado minha conta para ele usar, já que ele é menor de idade. Só que não sou assumido para meus pais, e ele ameaçou contar…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change “gear” tag to something that doesn’t also mean “drugs”

In Australian English, and probably in a lot of other vernaculars as well, “gear” is slang for “drugs”. (Wiktionary just lists it as slang, so I’d guess it’s common across a lot of English dialects.)

For every guy I get finding me through “gear” who is interested in hi vis or sports kit, I get about ten guys who want to sell or buy drugs. This is pretty annoying.

I also assume Grindr as a company don’t want to be a platform for the trade of illicit drugs. So I’d suggest changing “gear” to something less ambiguous.

I’m struggling to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Spam notifications

There are small things that help to tell if someone could be fake such as the "new user" label and the "sent from country" label (that is really inconsistent and doesn't stay their longer than one message, so if they send more than one before you open it it doesn't display?) We need more permanent popups to show at least the general area such as country of origin at all times, so many fake accounts don't get labelled correctly as foreign spam.

What's more it would be helpful if there was a comment section when you report spam, most accounts…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. الاشخاص ٩٠٪ غير جادين

لكي يتبدل الصور يجب أن يكون لجنه إن لم يتم المقابله بينهم يأتي قرار لجنه بطردهم من تطبيق وان تم مقابله بينهم ترسل لهم مكافآت

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Never make face pics required

It seems a lot of people either never experienced or forgot what it’s like to be in a relatively small community and/or have bigots for family. I know a guy personally who will out people he knows who are down-low due to careers, family members, whatever because he thinks it’s funny. I’ve seen it done to people on fetlife too. We should be able to explore the community without being blatantly exposed the whole time. I’m closeted. I likely will be til most of the elder generation in my family is dead. Forcing me out is forcing me off the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Nsfw Folder

Sometimes users request nudes, I would like to be able to have a second folder that requires a prompt to access so I don't have to wait to use the app till I'm in private. Right now sharing photos even if it's just something regular means having any downloaded nudes out for people to see from over shoulder.

It's the same for people's profiles, they should get nsfw rates and filtered out if they're being borderline.

Setting never to received lewd pics should auto ban/suspend those who report and gets proven

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. اظهار المسافه عتد محادثه اي شخص لكي لا يتم الخداع

ارجو ظهور المسافه عندما بتحدث شخص الي لان عدم اظهار المسافه بيكون سبب في الخداع

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it better?

You just removed a feature that allowed you to block people from the “viewed me” page.
    You should be making it easier to block and avoid people. I’m not sure if you’re aware but there are a hell of a lot of creeps and horrible people on your app. You would be shocked by the abuse harassment and assult I’ve endured on your platform. You should be making it easier to avoid those situations not harder.
    Here’s an idea, when I set the age limit to who I see on the grid only shows me to those people aswell.
    ie,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Monkey Pox Vaccine Status

📆 Similar to "Last Tested" give is an option for when we get our 1st & 2nd Monkey Pox vaccine.
    - Began Vaccination in "month"
    - Options: "Received 1st Shot" "Received Both Shots" or "Vaccination period complete"
    💉 It takes a very long time for the vaccine to become effective.
    This info would be helpful to understand personal risk, when we are "looking" 👀

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Get RID Of Expiring Photos!

This feature sucks! I refuse to respond to anyone who sends me exp. photos. I want to be able to go back in chat and look at something if need be. Fuck all this anonymous BS! If you don't want anyone to have it, then don't send it in the first place!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. admin censorship

I did not know until recently that the admins of these particular websites like Growler or grinder 10 be local to the area and local to the actual members that are online this could come against a member if it was that the admin knew who they were and was actually some type of stalker or use this information they could see into the accounts and what the person was username or who they were maybe talking with as well as close out there account as soon as they start it

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Transphobia is rampant on grindr

Transgender women are a large percentage of this app but there are LITERALLY NO SAFETY FEATURES TO PROTECT TRANS PEOPLE. this app is full of statements like “sissy” “cross dresser” and “sex slave” this is just fucking disgusting. It’s outright intolerant to let this happen. I’m ashamed of how violently sexual gay men can be to trans women.
    TRANS WOMEN ARE NOT YOUR FETISH.
    WE EXIST AND WE DESERVE SAFETY FEATURES.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Grind or Nah

Grind or Nah. To encourage people to use actual photos of themselves bring that feature kinda like some other apps. A lot of cat fishing smh or you meet up with some druggy that’s been up for a month still up and ready to be weird as shit lol meeting up with people on here can be unsettling as it is. We all are gay that use the app and if you DL or whatever don’t use the app. Right now it’s like playing Russianroulette

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base