Skip to content

Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1012 results found

1. PETITION TO REMOVE ANY AND ALL NON GAY MEN PROFILES! REMOVE FTM! TRANS! AND STRAIGHT HOMOPHOBIC GUYS THAT DO NOT! NEED TO BE ON GRINDR!

THERE ARE A LOT OF MEN ON HERE, HOMOPHOBIC MEN, WITH TITLES ON THEYRE PROFILE.. “No MEN” or “TS ONLY”.. THERES NO POINT FOR MEN TO BE ON HERE IF THEY’RE JUST GOING TO BE RUDE AND HOMOPHOBIC. SECOND! WOMEN ARE NOT CONSIDERED GAY, THEYRE LGBTQ, LESBIAN OR TRANS. THEY HAVE OTHER APPS LIKE TAIMI. STRAIGHT GUYS HAVE THE APP TINDER, SO WHY SHOULD US GAY GUYS BE DISRESPECTED BY STRAIGHT GUYS, BROWSING FOR WOMEN ON A GAY APP, YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW HATEFUL STRAIGHT GUYS CAN BE, SO WHY PUT THEM ONNTHE SAME APP AS GAY MEN.. THIS HAS…

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Discreet App Notification Sounds.

Have discreet app notification sounds for when you want notifications on. Similar to the discreet app icons. The Grindr notification sound has become a staple sound so it would be good to have options.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ban investment solicitors

Ban these posts pretending to be late 30s Asians who always are looking for investment income. All scams.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. “Re-blocked” protections

This has been written to allow entry level users (non-paying) to better protect themselves, encourage them to remain engaged with the app, feel safe, and will prevent account deletion out of fear

In order to prevent or discourage bullying threats or harassment, in cases such:

1. The abusive “person A” has blocked the abused “person B”;
      A has the option to Unblock B, send B some harassing/threatening/insulting/etz’ messages, wait for a reaction -read_indication- from B and Re-Block B again (giving minimal reaction room (*) ). This creates one sided, abusive communication with an option for repetition.

(*) an abusive person A…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change notificationSound Please!

Please allow user to change notification sound if desired, because it is so peculiar and sometimes i want to recibe notifications but i don’t want everyone identifies grindr sound!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Block trans-female blackmailers

There seems to be alot of trans-females who ask for rude photos and then blackmail for exchange of money, you should instant ban these nasty users of the app and site as it is very dangerous to have these so called trans-females scammers on here.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. FAKE ID THROUGH FRONT CAMERA

Fake people are always present, and the biggest problem of this app.
    There’s the need of an AI system that verifies INTERNALLY the face of the person through the front camera for every photo added containing a face (this would be totally private and it would mantain privacy).
    In this way if i ask for a facepic to anyone it will be shure it’s him. If the photo added didn’t contain a face this tool would not be used, but at least i would know it’s not a fake from his sending of a face picture, that surely would correspond…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove access to older versions of the app which are easily hacked and can be used to view all photos in albums without being granted access

Apparently older versions of this are modified to an extent that creates very real privacy issues because it allows the user to video call any user without being notified on the other end. Allowing them to access the camera of any chosen user. If you guys need guidance on which exact versions are being exploited just email me and I'll get that info for you guys!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Alternate chat colour screen

With Grindr’s distinctive orange and blue chat bubbles it is very clear to another user, but specifically also to people with ill intent, exactly what app the person is chatting on.

For the safety of all users can we please have a choice of chat window colours to either something user set, is bland and nondescript or at least appears like a chat window that mimics Messenger or WhatsApp colours.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. people with pics of my profile in there phone

i think that we should be able to be notified when someone tries to screenshot our profile or screenshots anything pertaining our profile

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AGE VERIFICATION

It's no secret that there are unfortunately a lot of underage teens who easily access this app and either lie about being 18 or admit it and people still don't care. Age verification using a drivers license, ID, or passport is very important so that people can be sure that they aren't being tricked and so that minors can be protected and not be able to easily access the app. Also so that older people do not lie about being younger. Transparency is very important especially in an app with such an intimate aspect to it. I hope this gets…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hide/remove/unshare album shared with you

Oftentimes I receive albums that I do not wish to see. It would be nice to be able to remove those from view or “unshare” the album on their behalf. Maybe can include a little notification in the chat for the other user that said “X stopped viewing your album” that would be fine

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Un système de vérification avec pièce d’identité et le badge pour plus de sûreté

Crée un système de vérification avec piège d’identité pour plus de sûreté et avoir le badge bleue

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Photo verified

Hi,

I noticed an increase of fake profiles or scams on this app leading to a not safe community/environment.

Would you consider including a photo verification process like other apps e.g Scruff, Tinder, Hinge?

Would be great to have a symbol in the profile showing it was verified.

I understand that some people are discreet or prefer to have a blank profile, maybe include an option to verify without having the photo in the profile too.

This will help to build a safer environment for people using this app.

Thank you for the consideration

Regards,

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notification sounds

Separate in-app sounds from notification sounds. With Android you can use system settings to change the notification sound, but then the memorable 'click' is always on when a message is sent. The latter should have the option to be switched off.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Block reason

It would be nice if thee were some reasons tagged when you block a user. For instance: 1 Bully 2) Drug reference 3) ageist. 5) racist 6) stalking etc. This would allow us to confirm why we blocked someone in the advent we
    Forget.

We should be able to search by imogee (🥳, , 💨💉) and block those users. This would allow users to
    Protect sober lifestyles. I shouldn’t have to abandon all
    Of Grindr for a few bad apples.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Block phone or computer IP address

The block button should block that persons phone/computer instead of just that login. That way they can’t just create a new account and keep messaging you. I met this guy on here and things just didn’t work but he is psychologically obsessed and creates new profiles daily and uses fake pics the reason I know is because I will tap explorer and move to the area he lives and boom there is the profile he just messaged me from right at his house. It’s getting kinda scary actually. It’s been 6 months and he doesn’t give up!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Verified users should be marked and there should be a filter.

Start verifying users who put up their face pics. There’s too many fake profiles and users scamming people. Grindr needs to actively participate in the safety of the queer community. We are a minority and we do not have the same opportunities to meet people like the heteronormative social space. Verified users should be able to search other verified users.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Podia pedir que na próxima atualização que enviem uma cópia da identidade.

Podiam pedir que os usuários enviasse uma cópia da identidade para saber se são maiores de idade.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Age verification

Please require age verification through ID and Drivers License. This is a serious issue and something that endangers the lives of users on both side of the screen ! We need this to create a safer environment and experience for users, and to restrict underage users from using the platform.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base