Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share cruising areas info

If you add section where people can share cruising areas in the world would be great. For people XTRA/Unlimited should be for free this info. People who are exhibitionists like me we need info about places where we can have safe fun and we can be more free. Other gay apps have same section and it's really cool. I don't want to pay double for Grindr and for other app as well...

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Grindr for Huawei users

Please make your app compatible with Huawei devices.

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notify me when action has been taken against a user I blocked

I would like some kind of progress or notification that action has been taken against people who I have blocked. I receive far too many nude photos and I want to see that slow down.

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. STD Verification

I have a patent which could be used in conjunction with Grindr to allow STD verification. No one has the ability to remotely verify someone's identity, because it could be a desire for a user to share a profile. As disease control goes, that is unacceptable. However, you could have a profile and compare innumerable profiles to search for only those matches that compare favorably and then authenticate the individual using biometrics like an iris scan, face to face using my method: "system for scheduling, recordation, and biometric validation of interpersonal interactions," which is fully patented. It employs a variety…

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. HIV status filter

HIV status filter

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. People who pay should be promoted around the area

I think people who pay should be seen more than new faces. New faces are fine and they should have their own page but the Grindr Extra members who live in a certain area should be shown on the top of the profiles screen.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Do not erase typed texts once we navigate to another window

Once we start typing in the chat window and navigate to another application or go to the previous window, typed texts gets erased and it will great if the typed texts (not yet sent) do not erase and it doesn’t need one to type the texts from the beginning.

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve Battery Life

Battery life after the last update has gotten even worse than it already was. Can literally see my battery life counting down when I am in the app. Absolutely poor.

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add COVID Vaccination status and/or quarantine status

There should be an option to add your COVID vaccination status for the safety of all of the community, especially essential workers and personnel. A resource page could be added to help direct people to a page where they can find info on vaccination availability in their area and time frame. Options could be "Vaccinated", "Partially Vaccinated", "Plan to vaccinate", and "No plan to vaccinate".

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automatic chat backups

Now that Google Drive backups are available, make our chats backup automatically every 12 hours, instead of manual backups only.

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Most tapped list

Create a most tapped in the last hour/day list. This may make taps a bit less hated. I don’t mind taps but it seems like at least 1 in 5 profiles has someone expressing their dislike of taps. By introducing the most tapped list people may enjoy the ego boost :p

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sort chats by distance

Be able to sort my chats by distance. That way if I am traveling I can immediately see the guys around me with whom I have already discussed

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have free social grouping/classification

Just like we have physical appearance grouping, we should have social grouping. Gamers, theater geeks, sports fans, anime fans, etc. It being a free option would also be amazing. And you should be able to pick more than one group.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Personality type

Enable users to identify their personality type, such as out-going, introverted, boisterous, shy, easy going, caring, genuine, happy etc.

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Grindr intrests

A tab section where you can put in your intrests and hobbies specifically and press a button to find and chat with people who have the same or ilar interests. It could be anything from art to pets to capmimg to nothing a little bit more naught ;P

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Member identification Verification

To cut down on crime; fake profiles and stolen pictures. Members should be verified it can be done securely online and still permit anonymity. There have been several reports of individuals using pictures as a way to lure unexacting victims to crimes such as robbery; burglary. It has happened to me and others I’ve connect with on this app. Giving members the option and opportunity to be verified and to meet other verified individuals will cut down on the usage of stolen profile pictures; fake pictures and crime. No one wants to talk about gay on gay crime. And the…

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safety & Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Block someone after they block you

A lot of users play games, then block you. How about an option to block them as well, AFTER they block you? This way they can't unblock you and then start again with a new pic or profile.

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Side position

I, along with thousands of other gays, am a side. Unlike tops or bottoms, we don’t enjoy partaking in anal sex. Unfortunately the only options available under “position” all refer to anal sex. It’d be very helpful to include an “oral only” or “side” or anything really, so that we don’t have to explain ourselves to everyone who messages us.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show your disability

This way, we can change the stigma and open new conversation without ignorances and we can educate and learn new experiences of those who are Deaf, Blind, Handicapped, Prosthetic, Mental health and others.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base