Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View who I’ve tapped.

Have a screen to show who we’ve tapped, similar to how we can see who we have favorited. I think this would be great to see especially when traveling and being able to get back home and reconnect with those we tapped.

332 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. List of popular places and events

A list of places such as bars, coffee shops, clubs, etc. could be made available to the users for them to post on and review. The posts could also serve a place where people organize events. It could even be linked to an event page. This would encourage users to meet in real life, especially if the life of places are sorted by location, popularity, and activeness.

As a plus, users could also subscribe to places they like, and be notified when there is an event happening there, or when someone posts something on the page of the place.

328 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Verification

Add a verification badge that verifies the users face like bumble & tinder have. It will get rid of bots & the fake people using others profile pictures.

325 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to select 2 ethnicities

Because Middle Easterners can be classified as White, Latinos can be White or Black, and those who are Mixed will be able to specify.

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Leave last tapped

When I tap another user, please leave a note on their account or some other way to identify if I’ve ever tapped them before.

305 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Saved searches

Let us store our preferred filter settings

302 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow more privacy when using Grindr in public ( change color scheme, remove "Grindr" from discreet app, etc)

When using Grindr it has a bold yellow scheme design which, thanks to negative media reporting on some horrific Grindr dates gone wrong, means that many people now recognise the App and it’s colour scheme. I’d prefer to browse or send messages more discreetly if I’m in a public place so please can I change the coulour scheme through settings? I already feel I need to hide the App as it’s too bold & distinctive. In responding to this, Please don’t lecture me about being out & proud.

295 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How about like a relationship quiz

Having a chemistry match and questionnaire to determine matching qualities and it opposites attract.

285 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Incentivize members to fill out their entire profile

Give members incentives for completing each field on their profile. One option is to reward members with 10% more guys on their cascade per field completed. (First-time users who have not yet created a profile, for example, will unlock more and more profiles on their local grid the more they fill in their profile. Once all fields have been specified, all locked profiles on their cascade will be unlocked.) This is a standard feature enacted by numerous online social and dating services. Having mechanisms in place that encourage members to fill out their full profile will help put an end…

284 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Archiving Conversations

I don't like to delete conversations, because I don't want to message the same people again and I like to know when someone has already messaged me before. However it's so annoying sifting through thirty duds to find the one guy I was interested in. We should have a mechanism to hide conversations without deleting them.

274 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More sophisticated profile

Even if it’s a hookup, most times you are going to want something to talk about before you unzip. Profiles are always loaded with user’s ridiculously rules, qualifications and expectations. Having a place to connect with someone on the basis of sports, education, jobs, interest would be a plus

273 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  39 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. free explore

i was used to talk many guys for free now it’s not free and i lost contact with my friend change the explore for free like hornet and scruff has

269 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Colour choice within messages

Some people have mental disorders/neurodevelopmental types, ADHD, ADD etc as well as Dyslexia. The chat colour bubbles do not help people with these conditions and in fact, could agitate said disorders. Can we please see customizable colours, so that people will feel more at ease with chosen colours. Not all gay men are able-bodied and some gay men have hidden mental health conditions. Lets really talk about equality and make all men equal and not just the next top model! Thank you. It would also help elder gay males and men with sight issues. Thank you!

253 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Video exchange

We, XTRA subscribers, would love to be able to send and receive videos. Audio is nice, photos are fine, and text is OK. We need video now.

250 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Good life ideas

Stimulatie more issues to reflect on! What are Good habits? What is a Good life? Anti addiction! More frienship quidance ! What is a Good relation! What is ***?

242 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Picture Exchange

There should be an option of picture exchange. I fill the box with my pic at my end. But it won't be displayed to you unless you fill yours at your end. When both boxes are filled and sent, pictures can be seen at both end.

238 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Personality tests

Being able to see who you are comparable with

238 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Moderation of users misusing the Gender and Pronouns fields

Many users treat the Gender and Pronouns fields for transphobic insults and jokes. This needs to be taken more seriously. Please remove derogatory remarks from customized Gender and Pronouns fields so that trans and queer users aren't constantly facing hateful content.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Personality type

would like to suggest adding the option to display your MBTI personality type on your profile like you would for your HIV status or Tribe. This would be extremely helpful for those trying to find their compatible personality type. If i could filter by personality type it would save me from asking multiple people. Its quite popular nowdays. Lots of people do the test at uni or online for career or dating or networking. I'm an ENTJ btw and I'm looking for my ISTP as and so far i haven't met one but i know when i do it will…

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Categories

Able to go between guys wanting to date and find something more and a section for guys who just want to hookup. I mean know *** is the world's focus now but some people still want a relationship.

222 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base