Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not leave an in-chat notification when an unread message is unsent

Only messages that were viewed by the recipient deserve an “unsent message” notification if they're retracted by the sender. Messages that were never opened by the recipient, however, should just disappear without a trace. This way, we subscribers can unsend typos and other unseen mistakes without causing any suspicion.

1,303 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Education: none, vocational, public, private, elite, doctorate

Add a profile field for education, and let users filter by it.

1,221 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Fake GPS/ Mock Location

Please allow Fake GPS/Mock Location for safety and security purposes.

1,063 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

248 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Desktop/Web Access to Grindr

A way to log into/use your Grindr profile from PC would be nice. Some of the other apps have web versions and it would be especially handy to be able to use Grindr from web browser when your phone is charging or if you lose/break it

1,057 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  114 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sync chats and notes across devices

It's one account. It should work seamlessly.

1,018 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More accurate online status - Go offline when closing the app

After closing the app, the profile remains online for 10 minutes. It is misleading. People think that you are rude for not answering, when in reality you are not online.

973 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pause subscription

For those of us XTRA/Unlimited subscribers who need to take a break from Grindr due to work-related, health-related, or relationship-related reasons, it would be helpful if we could freeze our subscription so we don’t lose the remaining time we’ve paid for. Since we can’t request refunds, at least don’t penalize us when conflicts arise in our personal life that demand us to step away from the app for a bit. You can still keep our money, just give us the option to freeze. This would be especially helpful for those of us on year-long subscriptions.
    (To prevent users from freezing…

929 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Gender filter

Allow people to filter gender: man, trans man, woman, trans woman.

891 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. “Looking Now” and “Hosting Now” icons

It would be helpful to have a simple toggle that can be turned on or off if you're actively looking for “right now,” as well as an icon like a little house that indicates you can host and a walking character icon if you cannot. Turning the feature “on” could either highlight your profile in the cascade or add a symbol like a flame next to your display name.
    (Some profiles say they are “Looking For: Right Now” in their profile but may not actually mean it, so this would help with that.)

877 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  21 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unsend taps

Undo the tap when you tap on someone by mistake.

702 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mark as unread

Sometimes we receive messages, we read it and we’re not able to reply immediately, the messages are marked as read and then they get lost when we receive new messages from others users and we forget. It would be great a feature “mark as unread” so we can get back to them later filtering unread messages.

700 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Destigmatize sex work on the app

Gay men in the US and around the world have been disenfranchised at varying degrees due to homophobia and other social injustices. Many gay men (especially youth) are struggling to survive and/or may be at constant risk of homelessness. Stop shaming the guys who seek "gen" men, and start facilitating connections between guys who need help and guys who CAN help. After all, NO man is an island, and ALL relationships are essentially an exchange of personal resources, in one way or another.
    Sex workers and masseurs provide comfort, pleasure, and basic human contact to those who need it. Their…

678 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Switch profiles

I have a "normal" profile on Grindr, with a clear face pic and a vanilla text. But I do have some fetishes, which I'm hesitant to include in my vanilla profile. So, it'd be nice if I could have more than one profile, so I could switch to my kinky profile when I'm looking for more kinky dates and then switch back to my vanilla profile when I'm just looking for "normal" dates. Currently, I use a spare phone to switch to my kinky profile. But this could even be a premium feature. Switching personas. Lots of people play different…

672 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Filterable blocked list

So we can find a specific profile

633 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Chatrooms - Find and join public chat rooms by topic or interest

See a list of public chat rooms/forums to join, organized by topic, interests, geolocation, etc.

554 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Grindr a better space for professional networking

Allow users to select their industry of employment from a list, and/or give users a field to write their occupation. Put professionals in some of your marketing campaigns. Highlight gay-friendly workplaces. Let's promote gainful employment in the gay community!

863 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stop automatic refreshing

Sometimes when I return to the thumbnail feed after viewing a profile or using another app, I see a guy that I want to message, but then the feed automatically refreshes and the guy disappears :( Sometimes, if I am lucky I can find him again after searching carefully, but most of the time he is completely lost. This has caused me SO much frustration. PLEASE end this!
    (A possible alternative to automatic refreshing would be to make a 'refresh' icon hover at the top of the feed/screen when it comes time to refresh, but allow us USERS to click…

544 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Delivery & read receipt reliability improvements

Fix the message delivery status and read receipt bugs. The message status should update to "Delivered" once it has been delivered, and to "Read" once it's been opened.
    The status of a sent message is supposed to change from Sent to Delivered if the recipient has the app open, but many times I’ve seen people online even hours or days later, and my message still shows as Sent, leading me to assume they haven’t got it. So I send another message, which led to one guy telling me I’m impatient. This bug, combined with Grindr often losing messages altogether, keeps…

530 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  App not working as it should  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Filter out the people we've messaged before

Filter out profiles we've chatted with in the past day, past week, past month, past two months, all time, etc. Or, give us a filter that shows us only profiles we've never chatted with. This will help us avoid those who never responded to us, so we can see/connect with only new people.

524 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 517 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base