Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a way to filter out bots solicitation and scams

23,248 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2608 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Badge and Filter for Visitors

When we're traveling away from our home city, an icon like a small plane should appear in our profile thumbnail that indicates we're a visitor. (Members should also be able to manually mark themselves as a Visitor—especially if they don't have their home city specified for Grindr to mark them automatically.) To reduce any privacy/security concerns, users can disable the automatic indicator if they choose.
    We should also be able to filter for Visitors. It would increase connections x1000 and help us find better matches depending on whatever we're looking for at the moment.

8,253 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  15 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search by free-form text in profile bios

Would be great to be able to search for key words in profiles.
    Please make profiles free-form text searchable so we can find better matches and increase connections, whether that be for hookups, friends, dates, networking, and/or relationships.
    Searching by tags is a step in the right direction—thank you—but it’s too confining and unreliable :/

7,354 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please restore ethnicity filter

I am Asian, and I would like to have the ethnicity filter option back. As a "minority", I don't think the filter option is racist. It offers me choices. Sometimes I want to search for Asians for example,, and if there is this option, it will make my search much easier to find.

5,548 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1366 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4,368 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  216 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Age filter

There's an age filter that filters the age I'm looking for. There should be an age filter of the age the others are looking for. It's easier to find someone looking for my age range.

3,615 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

291 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mass-select profiles from feed to block (or hide) all at once

Ability to select multiple profiles on the cascade to be blocked or hidden at one time.

3,533 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

140 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notifications that are grouped, detailed, and replyable

Please bundle our new unread messages under one main notification, which can be pulled down (expanded) to view the individual messages grouped under it. Include each sender’s profile picture and display name, and allow us to reply to each sender individually, within the notification.

(Currently, unpaid users just get a single, generic notification containing a count of their unread messages, while paid users only see their single most recent unread message. Non-grouped, non-detailed, non-replyable notifications like these are extremely outdated, especially for a messaging app.)

3,079 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Taps optional

The ability to disable the tap feature from your profile. This way if you do not wish to recieve taps, other users have no way of tapping you.

3,062 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

353 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Couple Profiles

Setup profiles for couples that can work on multiple devices. Or, link your partner's profile in the app.

2,751 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  67 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Profile Reciprocity - users should only get to see and filter by the profile fields they've included in their own profile

Unless located in a country with anti-gay legislation, members with unspecified fields on their profile should not get to see or filter by those fields on other profiles. This would encourage members to fully complete their profile, in a way that supports their privacy and discretion without a mandate. It would also inspire a much-needed culture of fair play and non-discrimination on the app.
    Something like this needs to be done to help put an end to incomplete and blank profiles. With more detailed profiles available in the community, members would enjoy easier browsing, more effective filtering, and overall better…

2,722 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unique username / profile ID

Help others find you by giving out your username, or vice versa.
    (Shareable profiles)

2,465 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

142 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable notifications for when a favorite comes online

Get notifications when select favorites are online so you have the opportunity to chat and meet up.

2,250 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Distance Reciprocity - users should only get to see other users’ distance if they are showing their own

Unless located in a country with anti-gay legislation, users hiding their distance should not get to see distance on other profiles. This would inspire a much-needed culture of fair play and reciprocity on the app, while also incentivizing members to stop hiding and stop wasting people’s time. (Not to mention that with distance shown on more profiles, browsing would be easier and the overall user experience would improve.)

2,193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Replace 'Fresh Faces' with a profile matching algorithm

Show us profiles we would most likely be interested in, based on chat metric data like what ages, ethnicities, heights, weights, body types, positions, tribes, etc., that we chat with the most.

2,161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. See offline guys

Have a separate filter for guys offline (limited to last 7 days). Seeing guys from just the past hour is too confining.

1,985 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Know how many active users have you favorited

We should see how many active users (online within the past week) have us favorited. We should also have the option to display this number on our public profile if we choose. You can call them followers ☺

1,641 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  XTRA/Unlimited  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Separate section for trans people and their admirers

I think trans men and trans women along with people who are trans-attracted deserve to have their own separate posting section. That way, trans community members and their admirers can better easily connect with one another. It would be beneficial and make sense to give trans people and their seekers their own platform, connected to the rest of Grindr but as a section within the existing app. You could call it GrindrTrans or something.

1,527 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change notification ringtone

Please give us the option to change the notification sound. It becomes awkward at times when we receive a notification in public.

1,487 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Categorize favorite profiles into folders

Organize favorite profiles into different buckets (like location, sex position, etc).

1,418 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 94 95
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base