Grindr Feature Requests

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cost of unlimited and extra way too expensive

I would be interested in either Xtra or unlimited if the cost was below $5 a month. We’ve all see memes about how nobody pays for apps really even if they’re helpful. Just load up on more of your HORRIBLE amounts of ads and offer it to us at a discount. I have a back ground in finance. Truthfully speaking, the amount you’re charging for the premium services leads me to believe extremely poor financial decisions have been made in the company, and last minute money making ideas have been implemented to help save face. Myself, and many of my…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom text displayed on profiles in grid

There are so many anonymous users, and they all look the same -- but I've chatted with a few and they are definitely different people! :) Would like to be able to enter text that would display at the top of a user's square in the profile grid (like a custom Display Name that I write about them that would show above instead of below) so that I can tell which anon is which from the grid view.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Move the videochat button to a different position

Make the block button immediately accessible from chat like it used to be and put the video chat in a submenu (the same place block now is). As is, it is very easy to accidentally hit the call button when blocking, especially since it is where the block button used to be

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unlimited Greed

Unlimited Greed - put a stop to this idiotic pricing that only exploits gay people to the utmost! Who can afford this idiocy? All this brought to you by a Chinese company embedded in a culture that persecuted gay people! Something here is not right any more!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop using fake profiles

My idea is that you guys at Grindr STOP using fake profiles. They are easy to spot with the scripted responses. Ive met 2 very similar guys and they both sounded like the same person with the same scripted responses. I'm no longer willing to put myself through this torture. Good luck! With less intelligent guys you might just fool them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show Inbox and Regular Cascade Buttons While In Explore

[Android] When using Explore, the inbox, Grindr Cascade and Favorites buttons disappear and you have to go back and leave the explore cascade in order to see if you have received new messages or any of your favs is active.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Accesible message list icon

The message list icon is necessary when you are reading a profile or seeing a photo. When we received a new message, we want to go immediately to the message list. But the way that the UI is designed requires too much clicks to get it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Select Incognito

There should be an option for one to be able to cloak or selectively be incognito/invisible to certain people, an unlimited member chooses specifically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Ginger & Blonde to Tribes

No further descriptions required!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can you plz allow users to turn off "taps". They are super annoying

Plz allow users to turn taps off. They are super annoying. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiscreen

Make multiscreen possible for grindr in vivo phone and others that caters from the lowest android version .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I saw a pop up ad for 'Grindr Web' asking me to "try now", I'd really love that but now I cant find anything related to it. Is there a Beta?

I saw a pop up ad for 'Grindr Web' asking me to "try now", I'd really love that but now I cant find anything related to it. Is there a Beta?Being able to access Grindr on an internet browser has been highly requested. I got an ad for it on the app a few days ago and now I'd like to try it. I lost my smartphone in the car belonging to someone I met via the app and I really need to get a hold of them. Grindr is the only contact I have for them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Large single emoji without speech bubble

When sending Unicode emoji, allow them to display larger 3x normal size and without a background speech bubble.

Ps. Emojis are yellow and so it the Grindr speech bubble making legibility even more difficult.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hints for users to not use derogatory terms

As a trans woman, I often find myself on the receiving end of language like "tranny" by users who simply don't know any better. Often the responsibility lands on the end users to educate those who may be less knowledgeable. While the gender FAQ section is a great start, I'd like to suggest a UI tooltip and warning before the message is sent, offering access to nonbinary.org or the FAQ.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Gay Guys and F2M Only

Grindr is a gay dating app and there are plenty of apps for transgender people out there. I am all for my trans sisters but we have a whole bunch of straight guys coming on Grindr now discriminating against gay guys , saying “no men” because they’re looking for a hetero relationship.

This isn’t normal for a gay dating app. Sometimes trans and gay do overlap. A lot of times they do. But this app was built for guys looking for other guys. I think it also confuses and convolutes the trans story and identity. If someone wants a hetero…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Gay Guys and F2M Only

Grindr is a gay dating app and there are plenty of apps for transgender people out there. I am all for my trans sisters but we have a whole bunch of straight guys coming on Grindr now discriminating against gay guys , saying “no men” because they’re looking for a hetero relationship.

This isn’t normal for a gay dating app. Sometimes trans and gay do overlap. A lot of times they do. But this app was built for guys looking for other guys. I think it also confuses and convolutes the trans story and identity. If someone wants a hetero…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move Send Location Back

The new Ui design sucks! Fire your UI designer.

Putting the send location in a sub menu sucks for something that is used so often

The text box is to small and everthing is crammed together in one line

Prior you could write in box send a pic or location and go back to typing. Now you can only type and do nothing till you send it

Vote if you agree

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. scroll

if you’re going to allow me to scroll forever on the unlimited plan, i can do without the automatic refresh of the main profiles screen after i’ve been scrolling for 5min. it’s very counter-productive!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please implement a web app

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm still in the closet and can't afford to install Grindr on my phone because it's not always private.
    The only way I can be active on Grindr is via the web browser using Incognito or InPrivate browsing.

My request hereby is that you please implement Grindr for web, so I can use the app without having to install it on my device.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Grindr Feature Requests

Categories