Skip to content

Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1011 results found

1. The option not to have music played when you open Grindr

It’s hard to be discreet when the music starts playing when you open Grindr. Please have an option to disable the music being played.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You need to check ID on people. There are teenagers on here all the time. All the time. Start asking for picture ID like twitter.

There are teenagers on here all the time . We need to feel safe and not caught up in some scandle bullshit because kids lie about age. Ask to verify picture ID

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. MAJOR SECURITY RISK

Grindr Is a major security risk to the safeness of users and people within the community. Ever since I started using the app men have been using my images as their profile pictures to both sell drugs and suggest sexual activity. Sometimes catfishing young men and luring them to locations. I believe the only way the company can come together to solve this issue is to REQUIRE a MANDATORY security process for anyone using face picture images. I believe if you want to upload face pics to the app you must confirm your identity with a legal ID card. Men…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PETITION TO REMOVE ANY AND ALL NON GAY MEN PROFILES! REMOVE FTM! TRANS! AND STRAIGHT HOMOPHOBIC GUYS THAT DO NOT! NEED TO BE ON GRINDR!

THERE ARE A LOT OF MEN ON HERE, HOMOPHOBIC MEN, WITH TITLES ON THEYRE PROFILE.. “No MEN” or “TS ONLY”.. THERES NO POINT FOR MEN TO BE ON HERE IF THEY’RE JUST GOING TO BE RUDE AND HOMOPHOBIC. SECOND! WOMEN ARE NOT CONSIDERED GAY, THEYRE LGBTQ, LESBIAN OR TRANS. THEY HAVE OTHER APPS LIKE TAIMI. STRAIGHT GUYS HAVE THE APP TINDER, SO WHY SHOULD US GAY GUYS BE CONSTANTLY RIDICULED, TAUNTED, DISRESPECTED AND BLOCKED BY STRAIGHT GUYS, BROWSING FOR WOMEN ON A GAY APP, YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW HATEFUL STRAIGHT GUYS CAN BE, SO WHY PUT THEM ON THE SAME…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Second account on same device

Need easy ability to have 2 accounts share one device

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sex Tracker?

Can you add a feature that lets you track whom you sleep with? Like let you flag it on their profile and compile a list of whom and when for you. This would make it easy to contact them if you catch something, which makes everyone a whole lot safer.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable use of GPS (phone only) for location

Currently, Grindr stupidly insists you have you location settings on the battery draining "high" accuracy setting, which is GPS plus the Google data gathering machine of Wi-Fi. This needs to be changed to allow GPS only. GPS gives high accuracy anyway so there is no need for anything more which offers no improvement except for Google's finances. Having your location data from an app such as this move outside Grindr's or your phone's realm is a terrible risk, particularly in countries where homosexuality is illegal. We also have the right to determine how location is determined, this should not be…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Verifying every user when they first sign up- too many profiles with NO pictures!

For verification purposes. Like tinder and MOST other dating/hookup apps have some sort of photo verification system to prove that it’s actually who you say you are. I am SO SICK OF ALL THESE USERS ON GRINDR WITH NO PHOTOS! in my opinion, I think it should be a requirement that if you want to be on Grindr then you need to have a clear, visible unaltered face picture of what you look like, so other members can see who all is in the room AND it’s especially annoying when those exact people with no pictures on their profile go…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. UNLIMITED BLOCKING

Give all users, premium or not, unlimited blocking. Sometime someone is harassing you and there nothing you can do because you ran out of free blocking. That most of time results in the members deleting his account. I know they can report but until you guys review it one already had to go to a lot of harassment.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Disable distance displayed if user hides his distance

If users choose to hide their distance then they should nt be allowed to view the distance of others. What goes around comes around. It should be fair for what ever reason a user wants to hide his distance even though Grindr isn't acurate he should loose the option to view others distance.
    Trust works both ways.
    Allowing users to hide their distance but view others means they can see without showing their. This is Not equal.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Verified profile option

Allow users optionally to verify their profile and show that on their profile. As tinder and other apps do. That will reduce catfishing and will create safer place for people to engage.

Thank you

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mock locations prohibited

Guys please allow the use of mock locations again. If this means we have to verify through a phone number like with scruff then that's fine. I can't date for almost 3 months now via grindr cause you guys are blocking the use of mock locations. I get the whole safety stuff but this is not the way to deal with that. Please guys 💔

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make this a safe space for male identifying bi and gay men. This is no longer a safe space with the curious straight men looking for women

Make this a safe space for male identifying bi and gay men. This is no longer a safe space with the curious straight men looking for women. In an effort to be “inclusive” you have ostracized the very people this was created for. When I get old enough, I’m totally going to change my name to powers.Please give gay and bi men (male or male identifying) the safe space it once was. I am now surrounded by “straight” men that are looking to experiment with women. Cool the straight men and women have been allowed to take something that was…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Discreet App Notification Sounds.

Have discreet app notification sounds for when you want notifications on. Similar to the discreet app icons. The Grindr notification sound has become a staple sound so it would be good to have options.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow mock locations

Grindr is usless unsafe without mock location!

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Restore “Report a Recent Chat” feature

You list “Report a Recent Chat” as a security option, but your instructions are outdated or inaccurate because ”Report a Recent Chat” is not listed under Settings, as you claim it is. Someone is currently trying to extort me that I met through your app, and I should have the ability to report him. It was a recent chat. Also, in general: require a verification for everyone (even DL guys, which this app caters to too much in lieu of safety). Ban people who are known cat fishers from creating multiple accounts.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Help identify potential fake accounts and scammers by showing how old an account is

We should be able to see how long an account has existed to be able to help in weeding out fake accounts and criminals that create accounts for a day.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Location Privacy

Please add a location privacy option to avoid unwanted meetings, over exited people track people's location and create a bad scene.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Safety and privacy of gay men.

This isn’t to bash anyone or discriminate against any gender or gender identity, but this used to be an app where gays could come to meet, hookup, chat, etc. But now with trans and CD’s making profiles on a site that wasn’t created for them, they’re taking away from the grid space that gays would otherwise have to interact. I also don’t believe that straight guys should be allowed to make profiles on grindr because I honestly believe that half of those profiles are fake and used to extract personal information from the gays that attempt to interact with them.…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base