Grindr Feedback

Thanks for using Grindr! We’re constantly looking to improve your experience and would love to hear how we can achieve that.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add dad son tribe

To help identify younger men into older men you need to add dad/son tribe

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A “do not want to see” filter

I’m a bottom and though I can filter only tops, not everyone puts “top” on their profile. I’d rather filter out everyone who puts “bottom” on their profile so I don’t see the sea of bottoms on grindr.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How come chaser isnt in tribes? Some guys like heavy dudes and its hard to find that fit guy fat guy dynamic. Add chaser to the tribes list

Some guys like heavy dudes and its hard to find that fit guy fat guy dynamic. Add chaser to the tribes list

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search by ethnicity

You allow us to search by type, which is a label and also a means to limit results. I.e. for tribes, I can search out all trans but I cannot search for my sexual match / ethnic type of middle eastern. I'm not finding the logic. I can search by body type and leave out ones that I am not interested in but I cannot search ethnicities. Please restore. There are plenty of requests here to support. You are still allowing selective discrimination by continuing the ability to search by certain criteria.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make icon showing which of my uploaded pictures can other members see.

search filters for Trans looking for Trans friendship or dress up play date.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Be able to

A keywork search would be great. Say someone wants ftm, type it in search and see who in bio states ftm

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add astrological sign

People who are looking for more than a hook up are many. People looking for love would also be willing to pay for filters to find their match. You already collect the info when DOB is collected.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Increase profile description character limit

255 characters just isn’t enough to share something interesting about yourself.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Difficult to find my "type"  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bulk selecting and blocking profiles from the main screen

There are lots of profiles I know I will not tall to but I keep seeing them and scrolling past them because it takes too long to block profiles. A ‘select’ button similar to those in photo apps would allow to block many profiles simultaneously (after a single confirmation button of course) and save tonnes of time

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Chub and chaser

Chub and chaser STILL have not been added to the tribes...it such a simple thing...the other apps have it why doesnt grindr.....thisbhas been raised by me as well as other paying members....whats the issue here?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "No penetration" option in "role"

In the "role" segment of your profile, there is only a reference to anal sex (top, bottom...), but many of us prefer oral and other stuff rather than anal. It could be great if this could be let known in the profile

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New tribes as Dom/sub or bdsm

On the tribes filtres, it would be interesting to have new ones as Dom/sub tribe or bdsm .
    ( I am a Dom but not specially into leather so the Leather fetish tribe doesn't correspond to me).

I am sure that we would see appear a lot of bdsm people on this app!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Race and ethnicity

I am a black man and Grindr has no idea how it made it difficult to find people who look like me to relate to. The removing of race in order to reduce racism made things worst for us people of color. Grindr was a way to interact and promotes black Asian Hispanic love now you reduced it to a fake color blind utopia. I'm not paying if I can't filter to find my people.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a tribe for Crossdressers

Add a tribe for CDs so that it is easier to connect them to those looking for them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Profile field for mobile or not

This would help a lot in annoying situations where people say “your place” but they don’t drive!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can’t search by username

Have a search option so you can find a guy. Scruff allows it, couldn’t be that hard for grindr

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Filtering: revisiting profiles

I would like to tag people with no match and then be able to filter on that tag later just like online

I find block to harsh, this would be a softer way to conclude that there is no match.

Should not be visible for others

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base