How can we improve your Grindr experience?

The under age

And get a proof of your age and get the under age victims off and all the scams people

338 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just came across 2 guys this week that were 16. Thankfully, I pressed the issue about age and they both admitted to being 16 and nothing happened. Some guys aren't so lucky. I require proof of age, even if Grindr is too gutless to do it. What will you do if someone sues you because of something like this? What's it going to take for you to change this so guys looking for fun don't have to go to jail because of some kid's lies and your lack of good sense?!

• Daryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been hurt very deeply, approx 5 years age I met a guy in here that advertised he was 18 ,stupid me I later found out he was 14 I am looking at a jail term very soon, it appears the legal side of signing in as 18 men’s nothing at all

• Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea. Or at least make it optional so if you do verify it will say so on your profile. I get hit up by young guys that I'd def be down for but I'm too afraid to answer because of the risk they're lying.

• Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - use credit card verification or ID verification before the person's profile can be approved.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tony, I feel that the same thing is happening to me, person on the app showed 18, then got a text from the dad asking 2 options, to pay them that way, or to get the law involved, I just paid $200 and they’re asking for more to ‘change the phone number and deactivate the line’ I’m digging as much as I can to be able to not drop more money. Please help fix this!

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I paid $1,800 as a result of a sextortion scam that started with an "18 " year old on Grindr. After I freaked and paid the "dad" to replace a broken computer to stop him and his wife from going authorities. I may be out another $1,200. They used Green Dot MoneyPak as the anonymous way to pay them. When you are threaten you react rather than think. It was only afterwards that I started Google searches and learned this is a worldwide scam. I feel so stupid. I dropped Grindr.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not make it an option to hide age... Make sure age is verified and mandatory show it publicly... No one needs catfish saying they are younger or older than they are and cause a waste of time and efforts...

Feedback and Knowledge Base