How can we improve your Grindr experience?

The under age

And get a proof of your age and get the under age victims off and all the scams people

329 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea. Or at least make it optional so if you do verify it will say so on your profile. I get hit up by young guys that I'd def be down for but I'm too afraid to answer because of the risk they're lying.

• Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - use credit card verification or ID verification before the person's profile can be approved.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tony, I feel that the same thing is happening to me, person on the app showed 18, then got a text from the dad asking 2 options, to pay them that way, or to get the law involved, I just paid $200 and they’re asking for more to ‘change the phone number and deactivate the line’ I’m digging as much as I can to be able to not drop more money. Please help fix this!

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I paid $1,800 as a result of a sextortion scam that started with an "18 " year old on Grindr. After I freaked and paid the "dad" to replace a broken computer to stop him and his wife from going authorities. I may be out another $1,200. They used Green Dot MoneyPak as the anonymous way to pay them. When you are threaten you react rather than think. It was only afterwards that I started Google searches and learned this is a worldwide scam. I feel so stupid. I dropped Grindr.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not make it an option to hide age... Make sure age is verified and mandatory show it publicly... No one needs catfish saying they are younger or older than they are and cause a waste of time and efforts...

Feedback and Knowledge Base