How can we improve your Grindr experience?

Taps optional

The ability to disable the tap feature from your profile. This way if you do not wish to recieve taps, other users have no way of tapping you.

1,008 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% Agree. I really want Grindr as it used to be: only messages, taps were made for those without nuts to even say just hi

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Turning off the tap feature would be awesome! It’s very passive and generally from scam or blank profiles and most get blocked right away.

It's funny how many are so irritated by something as stupid as a tap button.

Find something better to ***** about!

• Tilghman Lesher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love taps. Used to be that my conversation history was full of people who never responded. If I deleted the attempts to contact, they'll complain when I contacted them again. Now, I can tap them, they can tap me in response, and if we tap each other, we can start a conversation. And NO CLUTTER in my chat history.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only people who "tap" you are fake profiles/bots, etc...it's out of control and needs to be stopped!

• Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just dont ******* look at them if its an issue for you. I dont respond to taps, it doesnt bother me if people tap me though. Why are gay people so ******* precious these days

• Brian Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this 100% just message me. What really drives me up the f'n wall is when I get a tap then a "?" from the same guy and he doesn't say anything else and you "see" it and ignore it then moments later he's ******** you out

• Jericho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's super juvenile, send me a ******** message if you interested, not play a ******* game of peekaboo

Definitely have the tap as an option. Unless you can stop the Bots, you are going Toulouse members. Unwanted tops are annoying and using up a lot of space

The reason is because they are getting abused. Spam bots are using them. If I respond to them I get a message for a website. Should get rid of it alltogether but blocking taps would be fine

• tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just get rid of the bloody function - it is f*cking annoying

• Sigma44 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My answer to taps is simple. In my prepared messages section I have the following;

'Thanks for the tap threre Buddy. Basically telling me I'm not worth talking to. Is there any reason then why I should believe you are?'

It usually earns me a 'block'. I'm ok with that.

• Blaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a wonderful idea. I feel the taps feature is too abused. Lots of times people will tap AND message me. It's very annoying and makes the person come off as needy and demanding. Especially when the same person does it more than once a day...

The bar example is a rather poor comparison, though I'd rather focus on the fact the guy below is telling other people not to ignore others that "tap" them, yet he goes on to say he ignores people that request you don't "tap" them. That's some interesting derp there.

My opinion on this feature request: YES. Allow people the option to toggle it on or off. It doesn't hurt anyone and offers some user-friendliness.

****, and people should be given the option but dont force your specific views on each other.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base