How can we improve your Grindr experience?

Search messages

Like on the iPhone, in the message tab have a search bar at the top where you can search all conversations for key words

1,266 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow Search Words entered as text, to find a Grindr member or chat from any word contained.

• SeaWolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great to add back in. It was in previous versions of Grindr but got removed.

• Gattu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a vedio call facility and also search for guys in a particular city , useful when visiting a city prior to visit.

I used to love the feature to search a key words in a chat to find ppl I spoke to .. like if someone told me their name was Ryan and I can. Search and see who told me thier name was ryan

Possible to Enter #tags on your profile witch can be searched for when browsing. Also possible to ask questions to all in the area about tip

Restore the search feature for chats. This enabled to quickly locate a guy of interest etc thru extensive chat histories

• Jason Ng Lye Tiam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is better to have a search collum on topof the inbox so we dont need scroll down much to trace back the conversation.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am able to filter my search for guys who meet my specified criteria, but still can receive messages/taps from guys who do NOT meet my criteria. It's annoying and wastes my time!

Earlier there sorting option was there using words. Which was useful to search old profiles or messages.

• Sergio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching through messages was probably one of the most useful features that Grindr has provided. Searching with keywords in chat to bring up past messages or even a profile would improve user experience.

• Bex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You used to be able to search a word from all your messages. Was very helpful to pull up a previous person you chatted with.

• MSP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You used to have a feature to search my inbox for words or messages but you got rid of it. Can you bring it back??

• Daddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been an Xtra member for ages and I know this feature once existed.

It would be great to be able to search/filter through messages. Sometimes you have a great conversation with someone but by the time you go online again there are a ton of other messages above theirs. Being able to search key words from your conversation would be amazing and help connections last- sometimes you don't want to favorite someone just yet. ?

Feedback and Knowledge Base