How can we improve your Grindr experience?

Search messages

Like on the iPhone, in the message tab have a search bar at the top where you can search all conversations for key words

1,167 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Emerson P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge help for us users who have big inboxes and desperately need to find an old message. Developers, pleasee bring it back!

• Andrei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful if I can search profile names to find people and also words within historic messages

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A great idea I miss this feature as well bringing this feature back would be fantastic it is handy to search for people's location or interest from your previous conversation is very helpful

• Mando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need option to can make search in the old chat I did it in grinder by any wards

Fed up of the Ivory coasters messaging me using the search location feature picking big cities and blitzing all is older guys about hot heyre fighting isis in turkey time u stopped them

Need to include search options where a particular message can be found by profile name, word, number etc

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add a search facility to be able to search for a word or name in our messages,it was enabled in an earlier version of this app.

Earlier there used to be the feature of search in the messages tab. Please have it back.

Make the chat history searchable. Have that message or phone number you want to find. With search message you can find it again.

• Mero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1-open block number
        2-search and Message the other guys ariund the world.
        3-change my profile pic easly, it’s so ******* complicated btw.
        4-sabe the chat even i removed the app and reinstall it again with the same login.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a standard search algorithm that returns results where a message contains the search string

Just a way to look up people by their name or their profiles. Oh and the ability to block people shouldn’t be restricted based on payment cuz harassment and cyber bullying is real...do we need to lose anymore of our beautiful lgbtq family members because of hate of stalking or things that unlimited blocking could be a preventative solution for.... #alllivesmatter

• Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable a search bar at the top so you can search key words, names or things you have said in past conversations with people. As per whatsap, if you want to get in touch with someone, but only know a small thing about what was previously said you can search and hopefully narrow down your result. I find anyone past a few flicks down on grindr is history without this feature.

Add a note box to each person's chats or their profile so you can add things about them Instead of searching through chat history or forgetting.

Allow Search Words entered as text, to find a Grindr member or chat from any word contained.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base