How can we improve your Grindr experience?

Privacy settings like the icon replacement should be standard

With all the worry about privacy today, making the app icon a standard feature rather than a premium option would make a strong statement in support of people who might not be out of the closet. Everything else is fair game, however. Great service In general.

2,195 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cameron Russell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • pls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Also the ability to change the chatballoon colours.

I feel like grindr is so easily recognizable because I dont know any other app thats dark with yellow/orange and blue chatballoons.

I want to use it at work without my collegues knowing i am actually looking for ***.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's quite pathetic of the team to present itself as being at the forefront of gay issues... and then lock features ensuring people can find intimacy without, oh I don't know, being assaulted, behind a subscription.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually have the option to change the app icon; and I am not a premium member. It just rolled out in the last update. Go to “settings” in the app; and it should be under “discrete app icon”

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just rename the app and change the icon by yourself...you don't need to have xtra. Download nova launcher app for android...idk for iPhone

• Rihh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, the thought behind making it a paid option puzzled me from the beginning. How can you “help” people being more discreet when you force them to have grindr on their credit card or bank statement 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Traveler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As well as be able to change it from Grindr to just G or something o that nature

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just what I thought. I was appalled to find that it is not because this feature is not something that gives one "extra value for no money" on site and asking people to pay for it is not just cynical but counter-productive as most people who pay start off trying out the site first and many may not do so because of this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base