How can we improve your Grindr experience?

clear a conversation on both ends.

6,242 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tem que apagar para os 2 lados, tanto quem escreveu e pra quem recebeu, não precisaria nem de fórum para isso.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least it should be possible to delete photos from a conversation so that the other person can’t see a photo sent to them previously

I agree with the person below me. This should also apply to anyone that is blocked, it should clear the conversation permanently and should not reappear if one becomes unblocked. This is something that could be coded, but it's a matter if Grindr is willing to. Keep in mind they haven't even figured out how to have a functioning block system in place.

I believe that each person should be able to clear their own copy of the conversation independently. However, I do agree that a person should be able to delete their own photos in a conversation and that it should delete the photos in BOTH copies of the conversation,. I believe that that same rule should apply to LOCATION as well, but each person should have their OWN option to delete or even archive their own copy of the conversation independently of the other.

I believe that each person should be able to clear their own copy of the conversation independently.

No I am a victim of a Lewd and Lascivious crime. I was lied to about that person being 18 or older and I could use the messages to atleast clear my name. A Lewd and Lascivious charge in the state of Florida can result in 15 years in prison and *** offender registration.

• Shaquan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There was a creep on my page and he was saying he was 18 like me and he lie and he was really in his 30 and he was red to do horrible things to me and I’m so happy that I didn’t go and I’m happy that when I gave him my location he didn’t know what Area I was in because it a really really big area where I live in .

I just need to know that I reported him and try blocking and I deleted my account today a well I just want to know is all the messages we had are gone even the photos I just want to know that is those pics of me still in his message thing or is his account clean off from everything since I removed it and reported it if not then I’m in trouble and he might be trying to find me kinda scared because he’s older then me I’m only 18 and he’s 30 or 27 but that’s still scary

Honestly a great idea. Not sure why Grindr hasn’t done this already

If someone deactivated their account, the conversation should be cleared on both ends. Atleased for privacy concerns

• Ton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the mechanism to delete photos you send during the conversation.

• Jin Neptune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, I want to be able to back read on old conversations and reminisce on how good it was in the old days.. long after my top has lost interest in me.

I would suggest that this is both unethical and illegal.

Any is a combination of your own creativity and what someone else has gifted you, i.e. your property and for the other person it is their property.in their private space.

If you exchange love letters with somebody and then you fall out badly you do not have the right to steal or destroy the letters you sent then nor vice versa and if either of you photo-copied the letter you sent those copies of your letters along with the letter you received are your property.

I have already had a personal issue with Grindr over the automatic deletion of your copy of conversations when someone deletes their profile. When somebody deletes or blocks suddenly their motive is often malicious or as in my case, criminal. When the messages disappeared as he deleted so did concrete evidence both identifying the person and proving criminality.

It was not neither the other persons property nor his that disappeared, it was mine and as a result, thanks to Grindr, others are going to get it from the same guy.

• Fernando Maulion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

STUPID IDEA, there is nothing good or to improve in this matter, if some one block you the conversation is gone anyways.

I just been conned by a criminal (for fare money) and he simply deleted his profile along with loads of evidence of identity.,

Anybody alone should have the decision whether to delete their own conversations even when the other person deletes the conversations or their profile.

• unknown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dumbest idea ever, this will only make people more likely to screenshot your messages and pictures and will only allow a bully deleting his messages so you can't report it.

Besides you can already do this by blocking the person... the convo just disappears on both ends

This would make bullying worse not better. At least currently you have a record of any harassment you receive. If you could send abuse then delete it after you see it's been read, there would be endless trolling.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base