How can we improve your Grindr experience?

Add city and put local or visitor next to it

Many people only care to chat with locals of the city they are in or visitor in their city they are in...hence many put as their profile name. It would be great if in the profile you could list the city you live in and for it to say next to it if you are a local or visitor. And for us to filter locals from visitors.

For example:
Miami Beach - Local
Miami Beach - Visitor

People can use this depending on the relationship they would like to build with the people they talk to. Locals for longer term and visitors for shorter term.

4,817 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you're visiting somewhere, you have to waste your headline or profile space to say so. It could just be an icon that appears on the thumbnail and profile (like an airplane or a globe.) Toggle it off or on in your profile editing screen.

• Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea because I work mobile on the road and drive around within a 100 mile radius all day. I'll come on to a bunch of messages from guys who have their distance turned off so I have no idea where in my day I was when they were close. It would be nice to be able to say "hey I'm near you around noon everyday"

• rahul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi, I am bottom from hyderabad, himayathnagar any tops. I give nice deep ******* putting ice cream on ur ****

• Daren at UC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a location box in the profile will also help reduce some fraud. On competing sites, you can see the typed location. The person faking their gps has trouble keeping up with the typed location, the apparent location and the area they are looking for victims. Self-flagging a local or visitor helps avoid the security fears others have mentioned.

• Tracey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. This only truly benefits people in bigger cities.
        2. It can easily put people in danger if they choose to tag themselves as a visitor.
        3. People usually already say “visiting” in their name if they’re visiting.

• Jai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this format. Versus every other site “bob lives in Las Vegas. Bob has upcoming trip planed to Vegas here now. Bob is 5,000 miles away”
        Okay what?

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to reflect security aspect here. If Grindr disclosed that I am visitor won’t I be the target for the locals?! I am not supporting this feature :-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base